“Great hotel, great location for the price”

Residence Inn Denver Downtown
Ranked #69 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Gainesville, Florida
“Great hotel, great location for the price”
Reviewed January 14, 2011

There was an event going on in Denver, so the hotels rooms in city center were either booked or hugely expensive. The Residence in on Zuni was a perfect choice and would stay there again even if we could get a room in the city center. The room had a queen bedroom and a queen loft, full kitchen, two bathrooms and an ample living room. All for just about $120 a night. Breakfast was included. And they have a shuttle bus that will take you anywhere within a 3 mile radius - so if you wanted to go to city center it was easy. Free parking. Staff super friendly. Spotlessly clean. What's not to like?

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Travelers Rest, South Carolina
Reviewed December 9, 2010

We took a downstairs room because we didn't want to lug our luggage up stairs. Still had to go up some stairs. Couldn't sleep because of pounding from children jumping above us. Called front desk and eventually (requiring second call) someone checked it out. Jumping stopped, but ordinary footsteps were still loud. They moved us after the third call. If you want to stay at this hotel, I suggest upper floor and treading very lightly in your stockings or bare feet so you don't disturb your downstairs neighbors.
There was no ice in the refrigerator when we went into the first room, and no ice when we went into the second. No directions to an ice machine on the premises. We had to go to the front desk and beg some.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed November 24, 2010

The airconditioner is very noisy and the internal soundproofing of the rooms is bad. When the person from the room above walks around or flushes the toilet you hear the sound transmits straight through to the room below. Other than that the hotel is good. Friendly and helpful staff. Internet speed is not great.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed November 11, 2010

Located just outside the city center, the hotel is reasonable good considering the pricing... it also provides shuttle service to the city and they also do the pick-up when you are finished... Rooms are spacious with a kitchen with all utensils..

Ample parking space * Free internet (not fast through) are its salient features..

Breakfast, restaurant & fitness center are not that great & the hotel can sure improve them..

But well they are in tie-up with the Marriott groups, which provides you a good member programme for frequent travellers..

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 9, 2010

The rooms at this hotel were fine. Nothing special, but the price was right. The location was a little further from downtown than I would have liked, but the hotel provides a shuttle service until 10:30 p.m. daily. One major downside to this hotel is that the fitness facility was horrible! There were two very old, barely functioning treadmills, a non-functioning eliptical, and an exercise bike that has definitely seen it's better days. There were no weight machines and many of the hand weights were missing. They did have a wonderful little bathroom scale that told me I was 15 pounds lighter than I was when I left home, though! I would have taken it with me, but it was chained to the wall.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Colorado Springs, CO
Reviewed October 12, 2010

I love this hotel! The rooms are huge and the staff is fantastic. It's a little farther from downtown than I would have liked however they do offer a shuttle service that is awesome. You never have to wait too long and they'll take you anywhere within a 3 mile radius. Breakfast is served each morning and in the evenings they offer "hospitality" dinner in the room above the lobby-- I would stay here again and again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed October 10, 2010

I stayed in this hotel for one month and on the 9th day of my stay, I woke up with bed bug bites all over my body, including my face and neck. I went into work (at a dermatology clinic) that day and asked some of the residents to confirm that the lesions did indeed resemble insect bites. When I got home that day, I removed the sheets from my bed and saw a bed bug (I knew it was a bed bug since I am in medical school and I have studied pictures of bed bugs). I asked to change rooms and I received no apology and had to move rooms by myself. I left the pillow I had brought from home in the first room since it could have been infested, but the next day after I get back from washing all of my clothes, I found it in my new room - the staff had brought it to me even after they should have known the other room was infested. I woke up in my new room with more bites and I had to move rooms again. After all of this, the hotel still denies that there are bed bugs in the hotel and refuses to even compensate me for my dry cleaning bill (which was necessary to prevent the bugs from coming home with me in any potentially infested clothing). They disrespected me in front of other guests and insinuated that I was making the whole thing up despite the blistering red welts all over my arms, hands, face and neck. There is a fundamental lack of knowledge and respect for the decency of a fellow human-being by every staff member I encountered while at this hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank achuck13
denverdtdos, Manager at Residence Inn Denver Downtown, responded to this review, October 19, 2010
We are truly sorry that this guest was compelled to write such a scathing review of our property. We must dispute some of the statements made here. No bed bugs were found after a thorough inspection of both rooms by an independent licensed pest control company (EcoLab). Of course we would want to know if bed bugs were found so that we could treat the rooms. Hoteliers are well aware of the resurgence of bed bugs throughout the country and we work diligently to keep our guests safe and comfortable.

It is so unfortunate that someone left our hotel feeling this way. We take great pride in our friendly staff and the cleanliness of our rooms. We have reviewed these comments with our entire staff as a teachable moment and remain committed to providing the cleanest, friendliest, best value in downtown Denver.