“Like cottages but in a large city”

Residence Inn Denver Downtown
Ranked #66 of 159 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed September 11, 2013

This Residence Inn was just great. It is laid out with rows of buildings with bottom walk in, or up one small flight of stairs to the top separate suite. Landscaped and quiet although it is just so close to downtown Denver. They have a nice shuttle that takes and picks you up at any location in the city.
The rooms are updated and very clean. The kitchen area has it all, dishwasher/oven/refrigerator/microwave and dishes and pots with most of everything for your stay. There is a desk with an eating counter area at entrance to the kitchen area.
The beautiful breakfast is served no charge and is on the 2nd floor just above the office area. It overlooks the hot tub and pool area. The food was hot and very good, and the staff just are polite and very helpful. They also have a system of you making a shopping list of foods if you want to cook in, and they will go out and pick up the groceries and have them put in your refrigerator/freezer for when you return. 24 hr coffee downstairs, and a little shop to pick up extras you might have forgot. Definitely would stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Casey W, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Herbert F,
Thank you for such a great review! We are so happy that you had a great time and that you enjoyed all of the great amenities we offer to our guests. We are lucky to have such a great property with large suites and a great staff. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Denver.

Casey and the entire Residence Inn Denver Downtown

Reviewed September 9, 2013

This hotel had everything we needed in a home away from home--very good breakfast and happy hour treats. Rooms were quiet, clean and attractive. Front Dest Clerk Daniel Makleau was so willing to answer our questions and provide information to our various destinations and transportation needs. We were greeted every morning with his big warm smile and friendly personality. I can't say enough good things about the staff in the kitchen/dining area and the ladies who cleaned our rooms. The only thing lacking was a shuttle service to the medical center we were using. I would highly recommend this facility to everyone spending time in Denver.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Casey W, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Carole M.,
We are so happy that you had such a great stay and that you chose to share it with everyone on TripAdvisor! We are very lucky to have such a great team, hotel, and location in beautiful Downtown Denver! We hope that you choose our hotel the next time you are in town!

Thank you again for the great review!
Casey and the Residence Inn Denver Downtown team!

Reviewed September 7, 2013

I had the delightful experience of being welcomed here for 5 months while on a work assignment in Denver. The staff members and management team were like family to me during my stay. They were attentive, kind, and truly have a passion for their work and their guests. The accommodations were comfortable and clean. The shuttle service is extremely convenient and the shuttle drivers were like personal tour guides with a wealth of knowledge about Denver and dining/entertainment spots. I will stay here again if I get back to Denver.
John M

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Casey W, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

John M.,
Thank you for the great review! We are so glad that you had such a great stay with us. We are lucky you have such an excellent staff, which truly cares about each and every one of our guests. I have personally been on the shuttle when Tony gives his history of Denver facts and I love that! We hope to see you the next time you are in Denver.

Safe Travels,

Reviewed September 4, 2013

My stay at the Residents Inn was amazing! The staff was very welcoming and even allowed me a early check in. I felt like I was at a home away from home. I also enjoyed the downtown view and the amazing selection they offered for breakfast. I do wish that they offered a pool,you would think they would offer one like most hotels do, but I guess the Courtyard spa made up for that. But I rate this place an A+. ;)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Casey W, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Paige913,
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and chose to share your experience with everyone! Receiving an A+ rating is something our entire staff can be proud of. We can not wait to see you the next time you are in the area!

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Nothing bad to say. Friendly and attentive staff, a free shuttle to the surrounding area, great neighborhood, good access to the highway, etc. It's a 1.5 mile walk to downtown through a small designated historic area, past the river where people sunbathe and kids swim (not recommended in the winter) and the REI flagship store which is right on the river with a massive Starbucks store. Really great restaurants and pubs nearby, and if walking isn't your thing, the hotel shuttle is convenient and extremely quick and responsive. The other hotel amenities, including the workout room, and a full breakfast are hard to beat. I've stayed there twice and if the opportunity presents itself again, I would do it without thinking twice.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank chrismartinimagery
Casey W, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

chrismartinimagery,
We are so happy that you chose our hotel to be your first review on Trip Advisor!!! We are so glad to hear that you took advantage of our location and great local neighborhood. We love that you continue to choose us as your home base while visiting Denver and cannot wait to see you again. Please let us know if there is ever anything that you need from us.

Until next time, thank you so much for choosing our hotel!

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Enjoyed 10 day stay at the place. All the courtesy van drivers were amazing. Free Breakfast was superb value. All the people I met at the front desk were awesome. Only thing is that they missed one of my alarm calls and they didn't communicate to the service when I had reported a problem in bathroom. I had to call again the next day for the service. Other than that the people, room and service were amazing ..

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Surya R,
Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience with us here at the Residence Inn Denver Downtown. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff did a good job during your stay. I do apologize about the missed wakeup call and the problem that you had in your bathroom. We take all guest issues very seriously and have completed an inspection of your guest suite to prevent any further issues. We sure hope that you made it back to beautiful Seattle safely.

See you next time,

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Currently staying here as my boyfriend and I are in between apartments. As we live in downtown Denver we couldn't be happier about the location as it's close to all the restaurants and bars we like in LoHi, LoDo and downtown. I take the shuttle to and from work every morning which is great, and we stop by the free Happy Hour Monday-Wednesday to unwind with a glass of wine and FREE dinner. Breakfast is also delicious with a good variety of hot, cold, sweet and savory foods. Our suite is huge - literally bigger than our apartment - and was very clean when we checked in. Also points for a handwritten welcome note and gift bag! Super friendly and accommodating staff. The only issue is our maids didn't come every day - though I'm not sure if this is standard in an extended stay hotel or not. We may be here a couple more weeks and we certainly don't mind!

Room Tip: Penthouse loft is GREAT!