“Rock and roll life”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Rock and roll life”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Marriott Hotels are always great.Always centrally loccated to venues Downtown shopping. walking distance to anywhere. Comfortable surroundings. The Staff is Great. and always have coffee. GO BRONCOS! Happy Journeys.

Room Tip: If you have Marriott points, You can use the at check in, Rooms are always clean and comfortable.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Sarah M, Guest Service Manager at Courtyard Denver Downtown, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and are loyal to the Marriott family! Sorry about the Broncos!!!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
Highlands Ranch, CO
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Customer reviews of this hotel tend to be all over the board, and for good reason. I have stayed at this hotel several times and there are some amazing rooms with large windows overlooking the 16th street mall (the corner rooms are the best with two large windows), and then there are some very small rooms with tiny windows with dark views of the building next door and/or the small parking lot. My family and I stayed here on New Year's Eve this visit and was incredibly disappointed with our stay and we will not return. We parked our car in valet and went to check into our room. I had asked if we could have one of the rooms facing 16th Street Mall and was told that all of those rooms had been taken already, but that they had a room that faced Curtis Street. When we went to our room, the room they gave us did not face Curtis Street. The room was an incredibly small and dark room at the back of the building with a small window overlooking the parking lot and next building. Granted, I was using points for my stay, but as a Marriott Platinum member with 115 nights in 2012, I would think that Marriott would offer me one of their nicer rooms whenever I stay, and this room was horrible. The hotel staff could not accomodate my request for a better room, so we checked out and I called Marriott Platinum Customer Care to find what options were available to us in that area for the night. Their office called the hotel manager and he was able to get us into another room facing the 16th Street Mall. Much better, but why didn't they just put me in this room in the first place? The front desk manager and staff did not care that I am a frequent Marriott guest, nor did they care that I was unhappy with the first room that they gave me, nor did they care that we checked out. They demonstrated that they just don't care about their customers, period. Additionally, they charged me twice as many rewards points as they should have and they said that they couldn't help me correct their error. So, I just spent some more time on the phone with customer care to ask for their help in crediting points back into my account.

As for other aspects of this hotel, the hotel is in a great location downtown. There is not a typical Courtyard restaurant, but there is a restaurant next to the hotel which you can access through the lobby. You can buy drinks there, as well. The lobby is attractive and has comfortable seating. I believe some of the guest rooms have a window facing the lobby rather than a window facing the outdoors, but I am not certain. There is no pool, and I did not see the fitness center. The bed was fairly standard for older Courtyards and was not all that comfortable. The room decor was attractive. The room sizes and the sizes of the bathrooms vary and can be large King suites or very small rooms. We were not impressed with the cleanliness of the room. There were smudges and fingerprints on the windows, and it just doesn't seem like the hotel does the best job taking care of this older building. You can't hear a lot of noise from the streets and don't hear most noise from other guests at the hotel, however we could clearly hear the couple next to us fighting until the hotel staff and the police came to quiet them down. This hotel is not a good hotel for families as their is no pool and the rooms are small. It is best for business travelers or for couples, but only as long as you get a room with the big windows and you don't mind poor customer service.

Next trip downtown, we will stay at the full-service Marriott, and we are really looking forward to the new Renaissance that will open next year.

Room Tip: Corner King suite with two large windows is the best. Or a King suite facing 16th street mall. Oth...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank DaphneBernstein
Thank you for your candid comments. I'm very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your time with us on New Years Eve. It sounds like we dropped the ball when it comes to service on more than one occasion, and I would love the opportunity to talk to you further about your experience. Please feel free to contact me by calling 303 571 1114 and asking for Sarah.
Grand Junction, Colorado
Reviewed January 10, 2013

My family stayed at this hotel on our Christmas vacation return trip. The hotel was still decorated for Christmas, which was pretty festive. We got a large room on the side facing the Federal Reserve on the fourth floor. The historic windows provided a great view of downtown, which was also still lit up for Christmas ! The location on the 16th Street Mall provided convenient access to morning coffee and other amenities. We ate dinner at the Rialto restaurant in the hotel, which was a refreshing change from all of the fast food we ate on our road trip ! While our boys wanted to spend their time watching cartoons in the room, we did manage to visit the Downtown Aquarium, which was a short drive away. The valet staff were very gracious in accomodating our need to get stuffed animals and snacks out of our vehicle. We will surely stay here again (perhaps without the kids) when we are in Denver.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the outside wall facing the Federal Reserve or the 16th St Mall for a great view o...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor. I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to your next visit in the near future!
Phoenix
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I am not sure why my experience was so different from others on the site, but I had a very diferent experience with this hotel. My room was really small (the closet was a sort of half thing with three garment hooks - not a full size one with a rod). There was very little hot water for my shower in the morning (3 minutes max, before it got really cold - warmed a bit - then got cold again). And, the iron was covered with gunk - it left a nasty streak on my shirt and had to stop and go to work with a wrinkled shirt.

Other that, I guess it was fine. I suggest you try the Hyatt.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your feedback. I would like to apologize that your experience did not meet the high standards that we hold ourselves to at the Courtyard. Please contact me directly if you would like to discuss this issue any further.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed one night at this hotel. The location is great, walking distance to many places of interest. The room was large and comfortable and the staff was very friendly. It is great value and I would definitely stay there again when in Denver.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Anthony I
Denver
Reviewed December 30, 2012

My fiance and I stayed at this hotel for one night as part of a Christmas gift, and it was fantastic! We were given a free upgrade to a King suite with a great view--couldn't ask for a better stay!! :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I stayed here for a week and had was not a happy camper. First they not only assign me a handicap room, the room was also not cleaned and had towels all over the floor. Tried to change rooms and the front desk was not polite at all. Aside from the customer service the location is not bad, close to everything.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your candid feedback. I am both surprised and disappointed to hear of your experience at our hotel. Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to discuss this issue further. Call the hotel directly and ask for Sarah.