“Best hotel experience in a long time”

Courtyard Denver Downtown
Ranked #62 of 160 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 1, 2012

On a recent trip (November, 2012) to Denver for a convention, the 6 other people traveling with me decided to stay in another hotel but, because I had read reviews, looked at the location carefully, and compared rates, I decided to stay in the Courtyard all by myself. It was a fabulous decision! Even before I entered the beautiful lobby, I was sure I had made the right decision. The driver of the van who had driven the rest of my party to their hotel told me I had made the better choice! The staff apologized that my room wasn't ready yet (it was only 9:00 a.m. and I had expected only to be able to store my luggage until late that afternoon when I could check in). The staff member promised to call me the minute my room was ready. After putting my luggage in storage, I met my friends for a great brunch and, while strolling around the convention center, I got the call right about noon that my room was ready. While I was able to walk back to the hotel for a nap before the beginning of the convention, my friends cooled their heels in the lobby of their hotel for hours! The rest of my stay was wonderful. The room was large and attractive, the location was perfect, the Rialto Cafe adjacent to the lobby was a great place for a drink and a dinner, and room service late one night was huge, fresh, tasty, and healthy. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough! I am, by the way, a 63-year old teacher from northern Virginia who has traveled a good bit over the years and I appreciate a safe, quiet, beautiful hotel with impeccable amenities, and this hotel provided all of that and more!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Sarah M, Guest Service Manager at Courtyard Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community. I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and found our hotel to meet all of your needs whilst travelling.
We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Denver.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

We celebrated my wife's birthday for 2 days. Location was excellent as was the service. To our surprise they upgraded our room do to my wife's birthday. That just made our stay even better.
Everything we were doing was in walking distance or using the 16th street shuttle. Sarah the manager was very good and answered all of our questions. We will be staying again.

Room Tip: Room 601 was a nice room with plenty of space for a long stay. Could use a little more art work on...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post your lovely comments on TripAdvisor. I'm pleased to hear that our hotel and associates made your birthday a special one. We look forward to having you as our guest in the future.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

We just spent a couple days in Denver and loved this particular hotel for its location (right on 16th Street (shopping mall). We just needed to walk out the door and had everything at our fingertips. We did do the "valet parking" for $26, but they were more than accommodating to get our vehicle when we needed it to do some shopping in another town. Very welcoming and the room was clean ... beds comfortable. Not a luxury hotel ... but we were not looking for luxury.
Highly recommend it to people spending time in the Denver, CO area. We will go back on our next visit - we have children that live down in Colorado Springs but love Denver so we spend a day or two enjoying the city.

Room Tip: We had an unit facing 16th Street. It was awesome to just people watch.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Sarah M, Guest Service Manager at Courtyard Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Thank you for sharing you experience with the TripAdvisor community. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and were able to enjoy many of the delights downtown Denver has to offer. I hope you will consider our hotelnext time you come to town.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Ok I get it from a business sense, you want consistency so you build your properties for the most part almost identical. That works, but one of the things that gets sacrificed is individual personality. There are not many courtyards that stand out above the others. This is one of the few. As a matter of fact I would rate this one as probably one of the 3 best in their market that I have ever stayed in. Now lets be fair. It's not a JW or resort and it doesn't compete in that space, however for that mid range market its in, this is a great hotel. It has its own personality, remodeled out of an older more historic building (I think. I don't know what it was before - BUT it sure wasn't a Courtyard). Has an high ceiling inner courtyard very classily appointed with a real full service restaurant (not the small cafes). Great meeting space and clean as a wistle. The rooms are even slightly different than other courtyards. While about the same size sq footage wise, they have better more upscale furniture, a desk chair that really can be raised up high, small microwaves and refrigerators, and a bathroom that is about twice the size of a normal courtyard with plenty of counter space (which is one the main problems in standard courtyards). Upscale pictures on the walls with large flat screen TV's, full length mirrors and high ceilings. All in all its a delight and different.

Location is important also. This hotel is not only unique, its right smack dab in the middle of the 16th street walking mall with buses and train stops within short walking distance. You don't need a car if you're planning on staying in the general downtown area. Lots of good restaurants nearby. Its about a 5 min walk to the convention center (about 3 blocks).

Odds and ends: If you've never been to Denver before, the airport is a loooooong way from town. Because of this cabs are very expensive. Unless you've got money to burn, take the super shuttle into town. It's $20 each way. Yes it takes a little longer, but it's a lot cheaper. IF you're staying downtown for a few days then heading to the mountains, rent your car downtown. You'll save a lot of money. Public transportation downtown is quite good for what it is.

Would I stay here again? In a heartbeat.

Room Tip: The inner courtyard rooms have an interior view and are quieter than the ones facing outside.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank RC30319

Thank you so much for all of youe kind words. Our Courtyard certainly is unique, we kept a lot of the original features of the building when we renovated and tried to maintain a lot of the historic charm, whilst creating a modern and comfortable atmosphere for our guests to enjoy. The building used to be a Joslins department store dating back to 1916. We very much look forward to having you as our guest the next time you are in Denver!

Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

My family and I stayed here four nights over the long weekend and enjoyed our stay! The hotel staff was always willing to help and one staff member even offered to buy me a Starbucks coffee next door when the free coffee was put away. Our room was clean, modern and spacious. The location is ideal, the free bus on 16th is priceless. The only hitch we had was a loose cable wire and a stuck drain which maintenance quickly fixed.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Hmarshall03

Thank you for your review. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our staff to be so helpful. We pride ourselves on going the extra mile for our guests! We look forward to having you as our guest in the future.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

My family and I had to stay here for an extended period of time while our home was basicly rebuilt. The staff was more then helpful and friendly, each and every day. Talk about going above and beyond, would hardly describe the wonderful service we recived. The house keeping kept our suite imaculant, and even tolerated our large dogs. The front desk catered to our 5yr old and his imagination by provinding him with ideas each time we visited the loby. They offered help beyond the norm assisting us w/ paperwork and really anything we needed.It was just an overwhelmingly awesome experience.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I spent six nights at the down-town Denver Courtyard Mariott and highly recommend this hotel for your Denver visit. My original accommodations fell through and I was scrambling for a place to stay. I was so pleased with this choice. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. The room I had had two queen beds and a very high ceiling. The sink area had a nice long counter with a separate room for the toilet and the tub. Free wifi. Very comfy bed.

Right outside the door is the city's free bus that runs down 16th. I was able to get from the Convention Centre to the Pepsi Centre easily and quickly. Walgrens just a block a way and lots of restaurants to enjoy nearby. Rialto restaurant attached to the hotel and you can get a coupon from the desk for this restaurant. I recommend Sam's next door as well.

This hotel does not have a pool or free breakfast but don't let this stop you from staying here. It is wonderful.

Room Tip: My room had an outside window facing a beautiful mountain view.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for your kind words. I'm glad that you enjoyed your six night stay with us, and were able to get around Denver easily. I hope that you will think of our hotel the next time you are in Denver.