“Great location on the 16th st mall.”

Courtyard Denver Downtown
Ranked #57 of 156 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Mount Royal, New Jersey
“Great location on the 16th st mall.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was very nice and could not have been situated in a better location for seeing denver. Staff was ultra courteous and helped me find a rental car by calling several places for me. Rooms were clean and beds comfortable.

• Stayed September 2012
Sarah M, Guest Services Manager at Courtyard Denver Downtown, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us, and that you were able to take advantage of our prime location. I hope that you will consider us next time you are in Denver.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

This was my second stay at the Courtyard for business and I spent three nights at the hotel. My room was comfortable and the desk service was very helpful. The location is perfect, along the 16th Street Mall, with easy access for driving around Denver.

The valet service was a bit lacking, but they were prompt, which was appreciated. I did not try the restaurant, but the bottomless mimosa brunch was tempting.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, and found your room to be comfortable. Next time you stay in Denver I hope that you get the opportunity to enjoy the mimosa brunch!
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

My best friends husband reserved the room for her birthday and stated we would be there promptly at 4pm to check in. We got there at 4:15 and it was stated that our room was not ready and would not be until 5:30. We were given certificates to grab a free beer at the restaurant across the street which was great, when we returned at 6pm our room was ready, but the staff was very deliberately rude. My friends husband was told when we called the day before that the reservation was set under the name of his wife, and the room was paid for and all we had to do was show up and get the room key. The front desk agent told us the room was not paid for, and that my friend had to have a credit card. She handed him her husbands credit card and his ID, he promptly said he couldn't take it even though that same card had reserved the room. She pulled up her bank and showed that the amount of the room was already pending in their bank account. He immediately began to become agitated and annoyed saying that she had to provide a different card. She obliged and he then said the card was declined. She told him to try again and he refused. I pulled out my card, handed it to him and he again stated it was declined. She and I both pulled up our accounts and showed him that there was no reason for the cards to be declined and for him to try it again. He finally did and her card worked. He gave us the key and walked away. Rude. The sad part is the MOD was standing right there and she didn't even try to step in, just rolled her eyes at us repeatedly. Same issues upon check out, her card was charged twice for the full price of the room plus both of our cards were charged $20 dollar "Convenience" charge. I called that night and explained that I was told my card was declined and was not advised. about any charges placed on it, the desk agent I spoke to talked to me as if I was a child and said there was nothing he could do and it was a simple convenience charge and " twenty dollars was not a big deal". This hotel is ridiculous and they need to seriously work on their customer service skills. The rooms are average and overpriced, the only good thing about it is the location. Find somewhere else.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Nichole112
Thank you for your candid comments. I am very disappointed that we failed to provide the level of service that you can usually expect at our hotel. I assure you that this is not the norm and that I will be addressing the issues that you have raised with the team and use it as a learning tool. Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to discuss this issue further.
Buffalo, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

Stayed 3 Nights for a family wedding. I found the standard king size room small compared to other similar properties. The location is convenient to the 16th street Mall and other downtown locations. The front desk staff seemed indifferent to simple requests, which I found strange based on my experience as a Marriott Rewards Platinum Member. I felt other hotels that people in our group stayed at provided much better value.

Room Tip: High Floor to avoid noise
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BfloRef
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am both disappointed and surprised to hear of your experience. At the Courtyard, we pride ourselves on providing superior customer service, and I would like to apologize that we did not live up to your expectations on this occasion. Please feel free to contact me directlly should you wish to discuss this issue further.
Canoga Park CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

The hotel is on the 16th Street mall, which has no cars, only pedestrians and a free "Mall Ride" shuttle bus that goes from one end to the other, running very frequently (it seemed to be every minute or so sometimes). It is also close to the Convention Center, the Center for the Performing Arts and the Art Museum. There are many restaurants along 16th Street and the restaurant in the hotel, the Rialto, was good. My room was on the side, away from the mall, so it was quiet. Also, it had a high ceiling. The hotel has free Internet and a good gym.

A negative factor is that there appear to be many homeless people sitting on the mall, but they did not bother me, although many had signs asking for money. A positive is that there are a few pianos at intervals and people will sit and play, and some were good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience of our hotel with others. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you were able to take advantage of some of the great things that the16th st. mall has to offer. We look forward to having you as our guest in the future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

This Marriott has so much going for it! Right on the 16th street mall with a Starbucks just outside the door and a great restaurant, the Rialto, just off the lobby (very good breakfasts and we've also enjoyed late night dinners here). It's a very quick block and a half walk to the Denver Center for Performing Arts...a straight shot from the valet entrance. This hotel is always my first choice when traveling to Denver for the theater or anything else going on downtown. The rooms are on the large side...and always very clean. The beds are wonderful! All that's missing is the concierge suite we love in other Marriotts...but given the location and proximity to restaurants etc...I can understand why they don't have one. This is an older building and the elevators are a bit dated...bathrooms can be on the small side as well (I definitely prefer double sinks)...but these are small things compared to the location and amenities.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank carnetdevoyage
Thank you very much for your lovely review. I'm thrilled to hear that you are a repeat guest of our hotel, and look forward to welcoming you back to our Courtyard in the future!
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

Had a room on the fifth floor overlooking alleyway so not much of a view, but it was also very quiet because of that.The room was lovely and comfortable and the AC worked perfectly.
The staff couldn't have been more helpful. The valet parkers were exceptional and very happy and cheerful. The reception staff were happy to provide a local map and answer any questions about the area.The location is superb and getting about by foot or the free mall bus is easy. Would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 73Cristal73
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our associates to be so helpful. Hope you will consider us next time you are in Denver.