“Not perfect, but very good”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Denver Airport
Ranked #60 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Needed to spend a night with DIA shuttle service and this proved a good choice, great value for the money. The staff was extremely helpful to me. Room cleanliness was outstanding. The bed and bedding was unusually good for an airport hotel in this price range. The breakfast offerings were good. Had an excellent dinner at Ruby Tuesday's, a short and safe walk away on a well-lit sidewalk with no busy roads to cross.

I thought I had found perfection in an airport hotel, but then I turned the heater on for the night. It wasn't as loud as the old wall bangers, but way louder than most newer ones and woke me up whenever it kicked in. It may just have been the heater in room 134 that had this problem and your experience may vary. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
ShaunaWhitney, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Denver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Thank you so very much for your kind feedback about the hotel. I have already spoken with our maintenance engineer to look into the heating unit in room 134 and make adjustments. I'm genuinely sorry the heating unit was too loud for you, as I know how much that impacts a good night's rest. We will definitely take every step to ensure your next visit is just perfect. We're thrilled you enjoyed the beds, staff and shutte. We look forward to hosting you again in your future visits to Denver.

Safe travels,

Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

I like this place. Rooms are clean, quiet and beds are comfortable. Room includes complimentary breakfast which is a nice addition. There are a number of dining options walking distance from the hotel. The last time I stayed I did have a transportation snafu, however. Arrived at DIA at 12:30am and even after three calls to the hotel we never saw their van. Thankfully, the van driver from the Holiday Inn Express located across the street from the Fairfield took us. What a great guy!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
ShaunaWhitney, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Denver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We're thrilled to hear that you gave us another chance after the shuttle issue on your first stay. Hopefully that mistake was resolved and will not happen again. It is great to hear that you found our rooms to be clean and our breakfast to be of good value. We hope to host you again on your future visits to DIA.

Safe travels!

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Everyone was very helpful and friendly. Service excellent and good advice for restaurants.
This is a good value for the money. My meeting was in the hotel accross the street but I got more room at a better value by walking accross the street

Room Tip: The king suite was very nice and economical
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 14, 2013

We planned an overnight stay at the Fairfield so we could catch an early flight to Chicago. We Left our car there with their convenient and inexpensive package deal. As things transpired
and we had to cancel our return trip back to Denver because my husband was admitted to
the hospital with a serious problem, I called the staff at Fairfield and told them our situation.
They assured me our car would be perfectly safe and to keep them informed on when we
would return. I did so and upon our return, our car was safely waiting for us.

I would like to commend the staff of this Fairfield for their great service, cordial and understanding
approach to our unforeseen problem and would highly recommend this hotel. Also the room we
stayed in was absolutely clean and inviting and very quiet and the shuttle drivers to and from the airport were very accommodating to our needs. We will ALWAYS stay at this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your kind feedback about the hotel and staff. I am so sorry to hear about your husband. We all hope that he is feeling better now! Thank you for sharing your feedback on our Park & Fly package. It seems to very popular and convenient for guests. We hope to host you again for any future visits to the area.

Take care!

Reviewed November 14, 2013

The hotel was in the right location for catching a morning flight out of Denver. I experienced curteous and helpful service during my one night there. There were restaurants and stores within walking distance of the hotel. And the room was clean and quiet.

Room Tip: Six miles from Denver's airport with free transportation to and from the hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TravelZeeMe
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Because of proximity to Denver International Airport, I chose this hotel. The shuttle from airport to the hotel was easy to use and quick. The staff were very cordial and willing to go the extra mile to provide you with whatever you needed to make your stay/experience more enjoyable.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank JennyinFL

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback. We take a great deal of pride in having the most frequent shuttle service to and from the airport, so it is great to hear that your experience was good. We hope to host you again on your return visits to the area.

Safe travels!

Reviewed November 12, 2013

This is a newer Fairfield Inn on the East side of Denver, near the Denver airport. That said, I never heard a plane during my stay, but I did hear road noise as I tried to go to sleep and when I awoke in the AM (ask for a room on the West side of the hotel to avoid this). I was driving across Kansas and Colorado on I-70 and this hotel is a little more than 4 miles north of I-70 (very easy to get to).

The air conditioner was controlled by a real thermostat on the opposing wall, rather than an uncalibrated "warm-cool" dial on the air conditioner, so it worked very well. More importantly it was quiet and didn't vary its noise level noticeably as it cycled on and off. The upgraded design of the bath and a closet was an improvement over what's usually found in Fairfields. There were several eating options within easy driving distance as well as a convenient Safeway and a Walmart.

A Starbucks and a Murphy's Express are four miles directly South as you resume your I-70 journey or on the way into town so you can affordably re-fuel your car and get your startup caffeine for the day.

I found this hotel at a very reasonable price the day before my arrival. Carefully booked further out you might be able to get an even better deal.

Room Tip: I noticed rooms 316 & 318 were right beside BOTH the ice machine and elevator as I arrived on th...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo