“very good value for the price”

Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center - North
Ranked #111 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Charlotte, NC, USA
“very good value for the price”
Reviewed April 18, 2009

First, the price: $49.99/night with free wifi, and the room had a microwave, refrigerator, and two burner stove top. It was a little shabby; that is, scuff marks on some places, in one corner of the bathroom door there were splinters in the veneer, etc. It was clean, but housekeeping did not come every day (but they did when I requested it). When I moved the night stand looking for a plug, it was clear no one had moved it in some time to vacuum behind it, but it was cleaner than my own house. The front desk staff (especially Gary) went really out of their way to help. The day I checked in (because of the conference I was attending, they went from 44% occupancy to 100% occupancy over night), the furniture had been moved to vacuum, but it hadn't happened (some wood splinters and leaves). When I told the night clerk, he immediately went to look, got the vacuum, and took care of it for me. The light rail line was less than half a block away, and was a 30-minute ($3.50 one-way) ride from downtown Denver. (The light rail is ALWAYS on time.)

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank ESLTravelerCharlotte

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
London
Reviewed April 2, 2009

I didn't quite know what to expect, but was delighted when I opened the door. The room was spacious, with a very comfortable queen-size bed. It had a great little kitchen, big fridge, microwave, toaster..the works. There was a desk/table and wi-fi internet. The bathroom actually had a bath tub, with a powerful shower and well-lit mirrors.
I thought the staff genuinely friendly and helpful, and the bill at the end was very reasonable, especially compared to the conference hotel where I had originally planned to stay and which would have cost me four times as much.
If I have any criticisms they would be that the room was rather dark with very little external light coming through the one window (but I was never there during the day so it scarcely mattered), and that the TV had only half a dozens stations , and of the lowest quality (not even a decent news network) . But this is a small gripe. If you are looking for comfort and affordablity , this place is just right..

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
manecita
Reviewed November 24, 2008

I had a nice one-bed room, which was very clean and quiet (regardless it is located near the highway).

All the things were very clean (linens, towels, rest of the room objects).
They have an excellent front desk service (you can request for fresh linens and towels whenever you like), phone service, wi-fi service and Cable TV.

They're nice with foreigners, no problem at all when I paid with my Mastercard. Also I received a package from Amazon and they didn't have any problems when they received it.

The other thing is that Light Rail (Belleview Station) is just around the corner. Also there is a Convenience Store near the hotel, so you can get the things you miss at home.

Thanks a lot for the great service.
I hope I stay there again.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled solo
Redwood City California
Reviewed October 16, 2008

I agree with some of the negative reviews as during that same time period I too found the place not to my liking but as it’s near our Denver office I had little choice if I wanted to avoid a $150/night hotel, common in this area. It had been over a year since I had last visited and I pulled up to the hotel a bit apprehensive due to my previous stays. I was very pleasantly surprised to find they had really improved substantially. My room was clean, fresh, and quiet during my entire 5-day stay. For the money you can’t beat it in this area. I’d rank it above an Econolodge or Super 8 but less than a Holiday Inn or La Quinta. The price was less than all of those mentioned.

If you’re spending anytime in the area the kitchenette is a wonderful plus. Home-cooked meals tasted so much better than fast food and the outdoor grill was a real pleasure as we enjoyed a steak dinner at the picnic table our last evening there with a wonderful view of the Rocky Mountains under the moonlight.

Fantastic staff, always very helpful.

• Liked — The location and the outdoor grill and table.
  • Disliked — The pillows could be a bit fluffier.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
Rocky Mountains
Reviewed October 13, 2008

For the price of the rooms here you’ve no right to expect 5-star accommodations in Denver. I stayed over a week, twice, and would return to the place anytime. It’s across the parking lot from the light-rail for an easy trip to downtown Denver. There’s a Taco-Bell/Pizza Hut, a convenience/gas store, and a McDonalds are all less than a few hundred yards away, very convenient location. The rooms are clean and average size and each has a kitchenette with a full-sized fridge, microwave, and a stove. The beds were comfortable and the AC and heat worked fine. You’ll find in Denver you’ll sometimes use both in a 24-hour period due to weather changes.

The staff were very polite, the best I encountered on a rather long business trip even after my constant requests for extra coffee for my in-room coffee maker.

It’s not a 5-star resort but for the price, you can’t beat it especially if you’re on an extended stay and wishing to cook a meal or two.

A great place and some really good people working there.

• Liked — Location and the staff
  • Disliked — I can't think of anything.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed July 10, 2008

This is an extended stay hotel near the Denver Tech Center. My family and I were long-term tenants from March, 2008, thru July, 2008. When we first moved into the suite, we found out that we had an ant infestation. We cleaned the kitchen and sprayed for ants which got rid of the problem.

The suite was not well cared for. The closet had two mirrored sliding doors and the mirror on one of the doors was broken. The AC unit cover was not on and I had to put the cover on correctly. The mesh screen that protected the internals of the AC unit had been pushed in and torn. The diffuser on the faucet in the bathroom sink was plugged up so it was difficult to get water to shave or wash hands. The shower had a large patch of mildew that had not been cleaned. And the kitchen sink leaked into the cabinet below because it had not been properly sealed. The main entry door was difficult to open because the door was not true due to significant settling and there was a large opening where rodents and insects could enter under the door because of this. The latches on the door were broken and appeared to have been repaired or replaced several times since the screws holding the latch to the door frequently fell out.

The management changed three times while we were staying there and there were several disturbances that resulted in having the police come to the hotel. The staff frequently disturbed the guests, even when the "Do Not Disturb" sign was displayed on the door. As a long-term tenant, we had to pay additional fees if we wanted to have housekeeping clean the room.

There were several times when we had problems with the "High Speed Internet" service where we were not able to connect or the connection was so slow that nothing would load. The television service was also poor with limited selection, frequent outages, and poor reception.

Finally, even though we were long-term tenants, the management was very demanding with respect to payment. Most hotels work with their long-term tenants but the management at this facility was very quick to call the police out on their tenants if payment was not made expeditiously. To add further insult to injury, the district and regional management told all of the long-term tenants that the rates were nearly doubling in an effort to get the long-term tenants to leave before the Democratic National Convention comes to Denver. There are several nicer hotels and motels that you could stay at for the same price in the Denver area that are better managed and better maintained.

There were only two benefits to staying at this hotel; you could get mail delivered to this address; and, this hotel is very pet-friendly.

Even with those benefits, my suggestion would be to avoid this hotel if at all possible and only stay here if you had no other options. By the way, there is another Homestead Suites that appears to be better managed just down the street from this hotel.

• Liked — pet friendly
  • Disliked — condition of hotel and hotel management
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Denver hotels

Chicago, IL
Reviewed July 2, 2008

First the good about this hotel, it is literally right at the Denver Light Rail Belleview Station. I mean literally. The parking lots touch each other. You can't get more convenient than that.

Now the bad. First, I have never stayed at a Homestead Studio Suites, but since we were staying in Denver for four nights I thought a studio suite would be nice. I should have guessed something was wrong when the toilet in my room leaked profusely when flushed. The front desk was very helpful and moved me to another room two doors down. That room had not been made up so again I went to the front desk. Again the desk clerk was very helpful and surprised that the room wasn't made up (6pm) but gave me another room only a few doors down from my leaky toilet room. Again, this room was not made up. The front desk girl was aghast and gave me another room close to the office and this time it was made up. This room was ok; however the refrigerator was so loud that I shut off the breaker to it. Also, the room was pretty dirty.

Now the really bad part. When we got back to our room that night at about 10pm the area around our room was full of miscreants. We honestly thought that it could be a crack house. The noise, cursing, and yelling went on until 3 am when I guess everyone finally passed out.

Needless to say we canceled the rest of our nights and left in a haste the next morning. By all means, stay away from this hotel.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank Kevin B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denver
Capitol Hill
11th Avenue Hotel & Hostel
11th Avenue Hotel & Hostel
#100 of 157 in Denver
The Timbers Hotel
#106 of 157 in Denver

Been to Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center - North? Share your experiences!