“Don't....just don't.”

Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center - North
Ranked #119 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed August 10, 2012

So we arrived here late (around 1am - saw a concert before coming here) after booking a room on an Expedia-affiliated app. Upon arriving, the clerk said he didn't have our reservation and that every room was booked except a handicap-only room, which could only be rented to people proven to be handicapped. Since we had a reservation and a confirmation number (which he did look up and found), i explained that since we paid for the room, we should get whatever he had available, even if it was the handicapped room. He did whatever he did and got us the room. Afterwards, it took about 10 minutes of fumbling around to get everything in order, nevermind that he almost forgot to give us a room key. Once we got into our non-smoking, handicap-only room, I smelled smoke. We checked the room out and noticed that not only did the bathroom have ONLY one bar of soap (uhhh, shampoo? Thought that was standard), but it wasn't exactly up to snuff as far as handicap-accessible goes. I'm not handicapped but manuevering into the shower while trying to close the door was a chore, not to mention most handicap showers that I know of aren't a bathtub! Regarding the beds...gee golly! The floor has more give than the stiff boards they call beds. On a final note, our A/C didn't shut off. At all. No matter what buttons you press, no more how much you change the temperature, no matter how much you nudge and yell at it, the thing still pushes out freezing air. We had to use the never-changed comforter to cover the vent all while trying to remain warm under the sheet of kleenex that was the bedding. Somehow I'm awake enough to type this after sleeping all of about an hour all night from being frozen from the A/C and cramped from the oh-so-comfy bed that I wish to own someday. And yes, I'm rolling my eyes.

• Stayed: August 2012
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center - North, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at our hotel.  Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty.  Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

Our hotel prides itself on exceptional customer service. We know that you have many lodging choices in our area, so we see it as our duty to go the extra mile however we can. Not only is this my personal belief, but it is a guiding principle at our hotel. I have, therefore, reviewed with each staff member the importance of being courteous and coming to the immediate aid of every one of our guests, no matter the circumstances.

Let me assure you that your experience is certainly not typical, and that we have put in place measures to ensure that the type of stay you had won't be repeated. Again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Have been staying here off/on for 3 years. Great location, easy access to business areas and great dining options. Friendly and courteous staff...WIFI that works! Safe and peaceful location with clean grounds. Will keep staying here when in town!

Room Tip: I'm partial to the building across from the main office, on the left as you drive into the Suite...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center - North, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at our hotel.  We are totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment.  We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month.  It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other brand locations.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

Good location and low rate, but the low rate is for a reason. Service is terrible, police is there almost every day. The rooms are filled with bed bugs and mold in the bathrooms. We asked to be moved to another room and were told they are all the same.

Room Tip: Rooms facing west are better, stay away from rooms facing light rail, that is where the police is al...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center - North, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

I recently received a copy of your review about our hotel.  Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post.  Please accept my most sincere apologies.

I am grateful for this opportunity to respond to your remarks. Please believe that our hotel has a firm commitment to professional and warm guest service. We strive to teach our staff to be appropriate in both appearance and action. Clearly, there was a break down in our training in your situation, so I have brought your concerns directly to the attention of each of our employees so that we can prevent a recurrence of the incident you had.

The experience you had while staying with us, is not one that we would consider normal under any circumstances. With that in mind, I want to say I am sorry that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests feedback and use it to help us improve. It would be great if you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other of our brand locations in the future.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

I stayed in this dump after I had no choice,due to fires in colorado. After spending 325.00 for the week. They said I owed them another 30.00 for stayiny too long. What part of 7 days do they not understand? The room was disgusting. Tried to get my money back after one day and they said I would have to wait for a check in about 3 weeks. Hmmm.... since my house burned down,where do I get it sent to. IDIOTS!!!!! I asked to get the bathroom lights fixed 3 times. I was told they didnt have any light bulbs. PUHLEASE!!!! There was trash just dumped at the bottom of the stairs for 4 days. Asked to have it removed. Guess what it didn,t move for 2 more days. Then when it did they left the remants of it all over the place. The laundry room is the worst thing I have ever seen in my life. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!! RUN AWAY AND RUN FAST

Room Tip: Do not stay in this dump
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Adrian S, Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center - North, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The issues you described are not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I will be coaching our team personally. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at dtc@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed June 2, 2012

I bid on a 2 star hotel on priceline.com for $30 (it was Memorial Day so I think the prices were higher) and got this one. I was worried when I saw the reviews but tried to have an open mind. We got to the hotel and had to wait for a man who was living there to pay with all dollar bills he had stuffed in his hat. When we got to the counter the lady was medium nice and gave us our room key. We went to our room. The hallway smelled like smoke. We got nervous because my husband is allergic to smoke but we went into our room and it didn't smell like it anymore. The room was nice and pretty clean. Nothing really gross about it. (The garbage was taken out). The rooms needed updating badly but it wasn't awful. The room had small plates and big plates, glasses and coffee mugs (I didn't look at silver wear); it had a refrigerator, microwave, a stove and a dishwasher. My husband turned on the a/c and it worked great. We didn't hear anyone in other rooms but there is a lot of traffic noise because it's located right next to an interstate. We watched the cable TV and went to bed. The bed is a queen size and every time someone moves the other can feel it. We kept waking up because of the other person moving. Check out went smoothly.

Overall if you find a great deal on this hotel I would stay in the hotel if you are alone but with two people it's hard sleeping on the bed.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
ChristopherTM, Owner at Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center - North, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property. Our company is committed to providing great stays in great rooms at great rates, which is why your review has caught my attention. Clearly, we have met your expectations, but have not exceeded them.

The staff and I strive to provide a clean and comfortable stay for all of our guests and are glad you found your time with us to be mostly satisfying. I am also very happy to hear that we provided you with great customer service and were responsive to your needs. For future learning's, I have shared your feedback with my team and look forward to it helping us improve our offerings.

We hope that you will stay with us again in the future or at any of our other brand locations. Once again, thank you for your post.

Reviewed February 12, 2012

This place is a dump for being in DTC. Cars on jacks, creepy people and no shampoo WTH!!!!
The bathroom was disgusting, you could also heard everything in the room even the person taking a shower next to us. Would not go back ever!!!

Room Tip: Dont go!! Stay away!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank p g
Reviewed January 17, 2012

The staff was friendly check in was fast room was clean. would recommend this hotel to any travelers seeking long term or short term stay. Located close to shopping and entertainment,

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo