“Total Disorganization”

Ranked #107 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Total Disorganization”
Reviewed October 19, 2011

1). I arrived at 11:15 pm, lobby closed. Confusing process with poorly labeled "emergency phone" to summon night clerk.
2). He can't find my reservation, checks me into empty room. As I'm walking into room, he comes up and tells me he found my reservation on the printer, I should check into my reserved room.
3). As I'm standing in lobby to get new key, I'm panhandled by a woman (apparently another guest) looking for spare change and a ride.
4). I kill several fleas around the bed area in the room.
5). After first night, no maid comes to room. I'm told by front desk maid service only once per week?
6). TV remote does not work.
7). I ask for late check out and am told $20 fee, which I authorize. When I return to room after original check out time, key card no longer works, I'm locked out. Back to front desk, one person working, four guests lined up, 10 minute wait to get key reprogrammed to open my room door.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank f1stserve

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 14, 2011

I booked this hotel after looking at the TripAdvidor rating. I was wrong. Checkin took some 30 minutes for me and my two coworkers. The guy at the front desk was confused and inept. Then finding the room was almost impossible due to the confusing room numbering and lack of signage.

You can make also a budget hotel like this inviting or at least value for money. This is neither.

The room was dirty with some cuttings of computer cable in the middle of the floor. It was not possible to bolt the door. The bathroom mirror was cracked. The bed-lamp did not work since plug was not connected. And finally, the bed was badly creaking.

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank psjofors

Travelers are raving about these Denver hotels

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Reviewed August 4, 2011

We chose the Denver Homestead Suites because we were looking for a hotel in close proximity to family and resonably priced, since we knew we would not be spending alot of time in the room. The staff was pleasant and our reservation was in order when we checked in. Upon making our reservation, we had requested a room "off the street" and that request was accomodated. The room was clean. The location was excellent. If you plan on eating in the room, I would suggest bringing paper plates, etc. We would definately stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
drake bay, osa penninsula, costa rica
Reviewed July 14, 2011

The location and the price was perfect for our needs. Our daughter got married at Washington Park, Cherry Creek. This is a very high end area of Denver.. However, we were 2.4 miles from the wedding site, and paid a fraction of the cost.

The room was clean, had a kitchen, and shopping within walking distance.

We would definately go back if we were in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street. No elevators, 3 levels, if stairs are a problem, book early.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Bonita Springs, Florida
Reviewed May 19, 2011

I made a reservation for a king bed suite for 5 nights, At LEAST FIVE TIMES I told the clerk it had to be a king bed. It took 10 minutes to make the reservation, She kept putting me on hold, with no explanation. I had to remind her that she didn't take my credit card, and even in the middle of that she put me on hold. I called back that night because I had not received my email confirmation, It was sent to a wrong email address, and the room she booked was for a queen size bed. I had to cancel the reservation, because there were no kings available.
I spoke to the manager who informed me that I would have a very hard time finding another room anywhere because Denver is so busy. Not so, it took 2-3 minutes at a hotel within 6 blocks.
VERY POOR SERVICE even before walking in the door!!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jobcoach
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 4, 2011

It could of just been my room. The price and location were decent but there was an odor and cigarette burns in the carpet and bedspread. They could not move my room because they were sold out. There is an Extended stay sign outside as well but there is only the 1 hotel.
Go about a block and a half S. to the Extended Stay (5200 S. Quebec St. Greenwood Village, CO) it was about the same price, newly remodeled, very clean and the staff is very accommodating.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank outspoken_optimist
Chicago
Reviewed June 29, 2010

I am a flight attendant and have stayed in a LOT of hotels. I recently needed a room in Denver and this is what I got thru Hotwire. I arrived @ 3:30 and was told that I couldn't check in until at least 4:00 cuz they didn't know which rooms were clean. Went to eat, came back @ 5:00 to have them say they still didn't know so they gave me the "model". Was there about 2 hours and could not get A/C to work. Tried everything to no avail. Went to office (no phone in room) and was initially told that no one was there to look @ it and they didn't have any more rooms. I didn't accept that answer and desk lady looked harder. She ended up giving me a smoking room that stunk so badly, I couldn't be in it for more than a minute. Went back to office and she looked again and gave me key to another room. By this time, I was exhausted and just wanted to go to bed. The bathroom was so filthy that I wore my flipflops in shower. Since when is it acceptable for a hotel room to have hair and dirt all over the floor??? Disgusting place!

• Stayed February 2010
2 Thank aeflygirl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denver
Capitol Hill
11th Avenue Hotel & Hostel
The Timbers Hotel
#101 of 157 in Denver

Been to Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center - North? Share your experiences!