“Be careful that your reservation i what you made it for”

Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center - North
Ranked #115 of 158 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed May 19, 2011

I made a reservation for a king bed suite for 5 nights, At LEAST FIVE TIMES I told the clerk it had to be a king bed. It took 10 minutes to make the reservation, She kept putting me on hold, with no explanation. I had to remind her that she didn't take my credit card, and even in the middle of that she put me on hold. I called back that night because I had not received my email confirmation, It was sent to a wrong email address, and the room she booked was for a queen size bed. I had to cancel the reservation, because there were no kings available.
I spoke to the manager who informed me that I would have a very hard time finding another room anywhere because Denver is so busy. Not so, it took 2-3 minutes at a hotel within 6 blocks.
VERY POOR SERVICE even before walking in the door!!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jobcoach
There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center - North

Reviewed January 4, 2011

It could of just been my room. The price and location were decent but there was an odor and cigarette burns in the carpet and bedspread. They could not move my room because they were sold out. There is an Extended stay sign outside as well but there is only the 1 hotel.
Go about a block and a half S. to the Extended Stay (5200 S. Quebec St. Greenwood Village, CO) it was about the same price, newly remodeled, very clean and the staff is very accommodating.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank outspoken_optimist
Reviewed June 29, 2010

I am a flight attendant and have stayed in a LOT of hotels. I recently needed a room in Denver and this is what I got thru Hotwire. I arrived @ 3:30 and was told that I couldn't check in until at least 4:00 cuz they didn't know which rooms were clean. Went to eat, came back @ 5:00 to have them say they still didn't know so they gave me the "model". Was there about 2 hours and could not get A/C to work. Tried everything to no avail. Went to office (no phone in room) and was initially told that no one was there to look @ it and they didn't have any more rooms. I didn't accept that answer and desk lady looked harder. She ended up giving me a smoking room that stunk so badly, I couldn't be in it for more than a minute. Went back to office and she looked again and gave me key to another room. By this time, I was exhausted and just wanted to go to bed. The bathroom was so filthy that I wore my flipflops in shower. Since when is it acceptable for a hotel room to have hair and dirt all over the floor??? Disgusting place!

2  Thank aeflygirl
Reviewed June 11, 2010

We were in Colorado for my Mom's 98th Birthday party. Our daughter-inlaw Nicole had recommended Homestead Studio Suites Denver - Cherry Creek. Her Uncle Stewart and Aunt Doris stay there when they come to visit from London. We were very impressed by the location and everything that we had while staying there. My husband loved the idea of not spending so much money eating out and being able to rest in a quiet location. We have stayed at expensive hotels that were no where near Homestead Studio Suites Denver - Cherry Creek. We will recommend staying here to everyone. Thank You...

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 26, 2010

Great location. Walk to restaurants, coffee shops, 24 Hour fitness, parks, Cherry Creek Shopping Mall/Center, Movies, Cherry Creek Bike Path, etc. Short distance from downtown. Good accommodations (ref, stove, microwave oven, etc.). I needed to work and was able to get much done on my stay. The management is fantastic.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank BusinessTraveler7602
Reviewed April 3, 2010

We were very favorably impressed with the Extended Stay property in Greenwood Village, Colorado, which is on the south side of Denver.
The facilty was spotlessly clean, with excellent lighting in hallways. The lobby was pleasant, with a room adjacent that would be very nice for a small gathering of folks. Also, there was a very nice courtyard with a grill and tables and chairs for warm weather gatherings.
Our room was spacious, with a nice kitchen. Queen bed and loveseat/sofa sleeper.
The desk clerk was very pleasant when we checked in, and, when I returned the next day to get clean towels, she remembered my name, which was a surprise.
The property is a bit tricky to find at first, but it's definitely worth the effort.
If you don't care to cook, there is an IHOP at the top of the hill-within walking distance.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 29, 2009

The Homestead is an extended stay hotel so it is designed for people staying about a week or more (we stayed for 5 days). There are only basic facilities (the bathroom had just a small hand towel each) but you do get a fridge, freezer, 2 cooking rings and a microwave so it's good for keeping costs down by self catering. I would have liked a broom for sweeping the carpet because there is only weekly housekeeping.
It's right by I25 but our studio was well soundproofed and we had no problem at all sleeping - the freezer made more noise than the traffic. The room was fairly small but adequate.
The major advantage of the Homestead is that it is right by a light rail station (Belleview) so it is very convenient for getting into town. We got a 5-day RTD pass ($45) for getting around. If you're coming from the airport get the AT to Arapahoe at Village Centre then go up 2 stops on the light rail to Belleview. If you get your pass at the airport it's worth money off your SkyRide ticket, too.
If you're self catering there is a supermarket (King Soopers) about a mile away on E Belleview Ave/S Yosemite St (walkable) and a good liquor store (Incredible Wine and Spirits) less than 10 minutes walk away in the same direction, near Wendy's.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
5  Thank BrianRelax
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denver
Capitol Hill
11th Avenue Hotel & Hostel
11th Avenue Hotel & Hostel
#103 of 158 in Denver
The Timbers Hotel
#108 of 158 in Denver

Been to Extended Stay America - Denver - Tech Center - North? Share your experiences!