“Pleased as Platinum”

Crowne Plaza Denver
Ranked #55 of 158 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Stayed the night on business and found that the staff does a great job showing appreciation to its Platinum members. Free parking, a free drink at the bar, quality snacks in the room, and a room upgrade confirmed even before check-in.
Besides some peeling paint above the shower, I was very pleased with this hotel from the comfort, to the amenities, to the friendly staff.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
CPDenver12, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Denver, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Dear krutz7,

Thank you for your continued loyalty to the IHG Brand! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to having you as our guest again soon.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Denver

Reviewed December 4, 2013

The CP chain always provides excellent service and the Denver downtown location is no exception. Staff was friendly and helpful, room was great. The only thing i didn't like it the 20% off your food purchase card for breakfast. The hostess says it is OK for the buffet and the bill comes and the poor waiter is stuck telling you that you didn't read the fine print which excludes only the breakfast buffet. Go figure? You're a platinum club member and they fine print you over 4$. LOL the 4$ didn't break me but i don't get it and the waiter is stuck explaining it to you. Come on IHG these folks live on tips and you make them the fall guys.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank oldprop13

Dear oldprop13,

Thank you for your continued loyalty to the IHG Brand! We appreciate your positive review of your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Denver Downtown. Your feedback regarding the IHG Rewards Club discount has been shared with our Operations Team to improve future guest experience. It would be our pleasure to have you as our guest again on your next trip to Denver.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Loved the room, the food was fine dining at best ( we had dinner), I couldn't get out of the shower - has good water pressure and great shower head... Very helpful staff who help you out in a pinch and give you alternatives to your transportation.
Platinum members have access to free upgrades and coupons during your stay.
I do prefer the softer cotton robes vs the cubed material. But a nice addition.
There is plenty of eating to be had walking distance but I'd eat at the hotel before going out- the Dinner was extremely high end and reasonably priced.
The gym was not connected to our building - but worth the walk.
Nothing bad to say about our stay at all!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
CPDenver12, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Denver, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Dear Susan N,

Thank you for your positive review of the Crowne Plaza Denver Downtown. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our many amenities as well as our central location. It would be our pleasure to have you as our guest again on your next trip to Denver.

Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

I was here for 5 nights for a conference. I was given a room on the 21st floor with a king size bed and an amazing view! The staff is just like everyone says, fantastic. I called the front desk to see if there was a place I could heat up my to-go dinner, and they delivered a microwave to my room! The towels are nice and plush, the toiletries provided are delightful, and I really enjoyed my stay here. I did have drinks in the bar one evening, great staff there as well! If I return to Denver I would definitely try and stay here again. It is very close to the convention center, just a short walk which is great when you don't have your vehicle with you. I definitely recommend this hotel!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
CPDenver12, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Denver, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Dear 505porvida,

Thank you for your positive review of your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Denver Downtown. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! It would be our pleasure to have you as our guest again on your next trip to Denver.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

I had the opportunity to spend a few days at this location for a course I was taking for the company I work for. I can see why they chose this particular hotel. I had a TV issue my first night in and they addressed and fixed the issue immediately. I was also given a comp breakfast for the trouble. I found the room and bathroom to be exceptionally clean. Even the bathrooms in the lobby we very clean and they provided clothe towels to dry your hands. Breakfast and lunch was served to us on a daily basis and the food was good. I also had some dinner in the lobby restaurant. The only thing I had an issue with was one night I was hungry and wanted to order some room service but there was no menu in the room. Other than that I would recommend and definitely come back to this place.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Jesus P,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Crowne Plaza Denver Downtown. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope your meeting went well. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay a Perfect 5, please email our Management Team at wecare@hoteldenver.net.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

InterContinental Hotel Group has been my No 1 choice for over 40 years both domestic and international. I do a good deal of traveling both business and pleasure. Therefore, I would like to share a new experience I had at the Crowne Plaza Denver Downtown. I needed to spend two nights in Denver because of business meeting I was attending at the Denver Athletic Club I play squash and the DAC was an opportunity to attend to business and also get a great work out at the same time. Therefore, CPDD was a easy choice. What I didn't expect was to find a hotel so convenient to everything that my wife and I enjoy during a visit to any city. Theater, museum, art galleries and good restaurants are all within walking distances. Also, the Cherry Creek shopping center is a short ride to one of most interesting shopping areas in the country and major league sports are a easy distance to walk to our a short ride depending on the season.

Room Tip: I would suggest that every guest talk to the reservation manager about their particular interest and...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear jle1937jr,

Thank you for your continued loyalty to the IHG Brand! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to having you as our guest again soon.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Great place for a weekend get away. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The location is great for many of Downtown Denver's attractions. The view from the 20th floor northwest corner suite is stunning. The dinner menu in the bar is limited but that is not a big deal becase there are plenty of high quality restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: Great view of mountains and skyline from corner suites
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Ed K,

Thank you for your positive review of the Crowne Plaza Denver Downtown. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It would be our pleasure to have you as our guest again on your next trip to Denver.