“Crowne Plaza Hotel Denver - Feels like a boutique hotel - Nice Price, Nice Place”

Crowne Plaza Denver
Ranked #56 of 156 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersBronze level
Bloomsbury, New Jersey
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Attended a conference at the Embassy Suites and chose to say at Crowne Plaza, which was close by (walking distance), but less expensive. I wasn't disappointed with my choice. As one of the smaller downtown hotels, the hotel feels more like a boutique hotel than a chain. The people at the front desk were welcoming, and I also appreciated the concierge, who gave me a good tip about taking the casino bus to the mountains, rather than the more expensive tour. The lobby is small and not fancy, but that's not important to me. My room was on the 18th floor and had a fabulous view of the mountains. Not sure why the door area was painted an ugly brown color, but that was my only complaint about the room. I had a drink at the bar - which was a friendly scene, but did not try the food. They have a nice group of computers that are available for use free of charge and also a laser printer (also at no charge), that is convenient for printing boarding passes, etc. Note that they have an outdoor pool that is only open in the summer season; the workout room is open year round.

Room Tip: Higher floor is recommended as you do have street noise. Ask for a room facing the mountains. Ther...
Green Features: I am not sure what I am supposed to compare environmentally friendly practices. There is the usual sign that we will only wash towels you leave on the floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
CPDenver12, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Denver, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear AJFromNJ2013,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Crowne Plaza Denver Downtown. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to having you as our guest again soon. If there is anything further we can do to make your next stay a Perfect 5, please email our Management Team at wecare@hoteldenver.net.

Crowne Plaza Denver Downtown Guest Services Specialist

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (387)
Carroll, Iowa
Reviewed October 10, 2013

This property completely met my needs during a week long stay for business. The staff was professional, friendly and helpful. Condition of the room and common areas were outstanding. The location is very convenient. I highly recommend this hotel.

Dear Jim G,

Thank you for your positive review of the Crowne Plaza Denver Downtown. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with and we look forward to having you as our guest again soon.

Alexandria, Ky
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Large rooms, very comfortable bed. Fantastic location, walking distance to anything and there are an incredible amount of things to do and see in the area! The view of the mountains from my room was incredible. Very safe and clean. We held meetings here for work and the conference spaces are nice as well, very spacious and accommodating. The staff was always helpful and friendly. I hope to be back!

Room Tip: Pick one with a view of the mountains, I loved looking out the window!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Ginny B,

Thank you for your positive review of the Crowne Plaza Denver Downtown. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our central location and amenities! It would be our pleasure to have you as our guest again on your next trip to Denver.

Longview, Texas, United States
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I was very pleased with my stay at this property from the very attentative greeting that I received upon arrival. The room was very fresh, updated and well appointed. My room was extremely quiet which allowed me to work undisturbed. I also had an opportunity to use the resteraunt and was impressed with the quality of yhe food and service. I stay in hotels over 150 nights per year and always look forward to my stay at the Denver Crowne Plaza.

Room Tip: Select the suite at the end of the hallways for no noise and privacy
Green Features: Well posted and promoted. Recycling bins in the room
Dear Mark K,

Thank you for your positive review of the Crowne Plaza Denver Downtown. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to having you as our guest again soon!

Grand Junction, Colorado
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I enjoyed the stay here the location was great in Denver and easy to walk to places. I really enjoyed that it was close to a lot of amenities. The staff was nice and always friendly. The rooms were nice and clean and the scenery from the rooms were nice. It was great for a Business trip and the showers were nice and hot. Made me feel like home again. I enjoyed it and would highly recommend it to coworkers, friends, family's and especially couples.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a great scenery of the skyline of mile high downtown.
1 Thank Artbirdie123
CPDenver12, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Denver, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Artbirdie123,

Thank you for your positive review of the Crowne Plaza Denver Downtown. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and your recommendations are much appreciated. It would be our pleasure to have you as our guest again on your next trip to Denver.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

The staff was very helpful an professional. The lounge was updated and looked very cozy to have a beer or glass of wine. In the morning Starbucks is right there for a nice cup of coffee to brighten my day. I will be saying again soon.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Coolness1
Dear Coolness1,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Crowne Plaza Denver Downtown. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. If there is anything further we can do to make your next stay a Perfect 5, please email our Management Team at wecare@hoteldenver.net.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

I stayed here just before beer fest and it was a great experience with excellent service. The rooms are nice sized and extremely clean. The security is excellent as well with room key activated elevators and polite staff.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Bharris304
Dear Bharris304,

Thank you for your positive review of the Crowne Plaza Denver Downtown. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you had a great time at the Denver Beer Fest this week. It would be our pleasure to have you as our guest again.