“Friendly staff in an average building.”

Crowne Plaza Denver
Ranked #56 of 158 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Front desk staff was very helpful at check-in accommodating my schedule. The room was very standard for a convention hotel. Restaurant closes early and I don't recommend ordering food at the bar - first meal delivered was the wrong one and when the right food was delivered it was poor by bar food standards. The good news is that there are many food and bar options only a few blocks away.

Room Tip: The hotel is planted in the middle of a parking garage - ask for a high room with a view toward the...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
CPDenver12, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Denver, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Dear passingthrough95,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Crowne Plaza Denver Downtown. We are disappointed to hear that we did not exceed your expectations throughout your stay and would like to address these issues personally. Please email our Management Team at wecare@hoteldenver.net.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Denver

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Thanks Crowne Plaza Downtown Denver! Great stay during Conference visit. Very close to Denver Convention Center, 16th Street Mall and Civic Center Park. Great location for work or play! Did not use Spa or breakfast services but downstairs bar was great for grabbing a quite bite coming or going. Staff were helpfull and friendly. I'd stay here again no problems.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
CPDenver12, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Denver, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear stein-a-dyne,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Crowne Plaza Denver Downtown. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to having you as our guest again soon on your next trip to Denver!

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay. The staff was friendly & helpful, my room was very nice & most importantly, it was CLEAN! The pool is pretty awesome & although I didn't actually get in the pool, I did get to hang out there several times & enjoyed the view during the day and at night. I was there for a conference & the convention center was a few short blocks away. Also within walking distance is the 16th street mall, the lower downtown district & Larimer Square. Every evening we walked all over. Getting back to the hotel exhausted with aching feet, I got to pamper myself with the wonderfully fragrant, spa-like shampoo & lotion & foot soothing gel. It was a great way to end the fun days. If I'm ever lucky enough to be in Denver again, I will be staying at the Crowne Plaza.

Dear Dee S,

Thank you for such a positive review of the Crowne Plaza Denver Downtown. It sounds like you were able to enjoy so much of what our wonderful city has to offer and we are very happy that you enjoyed many of the Crowne Plaza Denver Downtown amenities as well! We hope to have you back in Denver soon.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Check-in was quick and efficient. The Concierge was incredible help in locating the right restaurant and microbrewery we were looking for. He even offered some free drink tickets at
the restaurant and microbrew we went to on 16th street mall. It is only about 2 blocks from the
16th street mall where you just catch a free city bus up and down the 2 mile stretch of stores, restaurants, and clubs. Great Location!!!!! I was there for a conference and it was only about 4
blocks from there as well. Overall it was a fantastic stay. I would definitely recommend staying here..

Dear mandftrip,

Thank you for your positive review of your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Denver Downtown. We are delighted to hear that our central location and wonderful Concierge Staff allowed to you experience so many great places in Downtown Denver. It would be our pleasure to have you as our guest again on your next stay in Denver.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

From the night I arrived to the day I left I didn't have a compalint. The lounge is open until 12am for all you business travelers like myself.

As soon as I arived my room was ready and I could go grab a bite to eat even at 11pm. Room service was exteremly speedy too on nights when I was exhausted from meetings.

Every worker at the hotel was overly accommodating! From the house keeping who left extra tea in the room since I'm not a coffee drinker to the wait service in the restaurant who rememberd mine and my coworkers names every morning and went out of their way to say hello.

One of the nicest restaurant managers! That's all I have to say.

I had a package being delivered one of the days of my stay and instead of me having to constantly check, they called my phone to notify me when it had arrived since I was going to be out for the day.

The rooms were extremely clean!

Overall 10 out of 10 stay!

Dear Lauren F,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Crowne Plaza Denver Downtown. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed our great amenities, as well as our staff's outstanding hospitality. We look forward to having you as our guest again on your next trip to Denver.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Upon arrival, the hotel lobby was welcoming with lots of employee smiles and a pitcher of lovely fruited water. The hotel room was quiet, clean and comfortable. The restaurant staff was pleasant and fun to chat with during lunch. It was a great home away from home. And it's located a convenient 2 to 3 blocks from the convention center and 1 block from the 16th Street Mall. Excellent location.

Dear Lisa P,

Thank you for your positive review of the Crowne Plaza Denver Downtown. It would be our pleasure to continuing being your "home away from home" and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed June 26, 2013

A nice hotel in a good location. The hotel was clean, well staffed with a helpful concierge. The location was very convenient for the 16th Street Mall, Convention Center and sightseeing. The room was very comfortable, nice bed and good shower and bath. Overall it provided a good value and was a very satisfying experience.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Dear Jboss1111,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Crowne Plaza Denver Downtown. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and would appreciate any further feedback so we can make your next stay with us a "Perfect 5." Please email our Management Team at wecare@hoteldenver.net.