“Great Staff”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Lafayette, Louisiana
“Great Staff”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Recently had a business trip and stayed all week.. the staff were friendly and polite but I have to say an extra special comment about the lounge staff!!! They were amazing and so fun. Tracy was one of the best bartenders I've run across in long time! The kind of person you want to just join your table and have good conversation with. Will definitely stay here again and I sure hope Tracy is there when I do!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
CPDenver12, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Denver, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Laureen D,

Thank you for positive review of your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Denver. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we certainly look forward to hosting your next stay in Denver.

Crowne Plaza Denver Guest Services Specialst

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here several times and have always had exceptional service. The food is great, the bartender, Tracy, was great and a blast to be around. Always nice to have good people to deal with and be around after a long day of work. Overall a great place to stay in Denver, my go-to hotel every time I visit.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Spencer Y,

Thank you for your positive review of the Crowne Plaza Denver. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stays with us, as well as our staff's outstanding hospitality. It will be our pleasure to host your trips to Denver.

Crowne Plaza Denver Guest Services Specialist
Houston, Texas
Reviewed January 29, 2013

It is a great facility that has great food and bar. The room was clean and the bed was nicely made and very comfortable. The bathroom is very spacious. No musty smell. There is a shopping area that is within walking distance. Hubby and I walked pretty much all around us. The restaurant we enjoyed was Maggiano's. Excellent Italian food and service.We were able to see the snow come down and how pretty it looked the next morning.You do have to pay for parking, which is understandable. The parking fee was pretty cheap compared to other spots and not to mention the car did not get snowed in because it was in the garage. I recommend this hotel. I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank LilyHouston
CPDenver12, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Denver, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear LilyHouston

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Crowne Plaza Denver. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed our central Downtown location and all of wonderful amenities. We appreciate your positive review and we look forward to having you as our guest soon.

Poplar Grove, IL
Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

This Crowne Plaza has to be one of the best of that chain. Great location. Great rooms. Great service. It is a beautiful facility that offers everything I need for a short business stay. The room was really comfortable. It even had microfiber bathrobes in the closet. The food in the restaurant was very good and the prices were fine. The wifi Internet connection was fast and reliable. The exercise room on the lower level was excellent. The room price was a little steep but must be good compared to the others in the city for me to be sent here.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mike M,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Crowne Plaza Denver. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, including all of our wonderful amenities. It would be our pleasure to host your next stay in Denver.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

We chose to stay at this hotel because of the amazing experiences we have had at other Crowne Plaza hotels, unfortunately this hotel did not live up to those standards. The biggest thing that everyone else has addressed is that parking is expensive. I understand that it is expensive because of the parking situation in the area. What didn't make a whole lot of sense to me is the fact that they don't waive the parking for gold or platinum members. Which leads me into my next point of the priority club treatment. I am a gold member who has stayed in my fair share of hotels and this one didn't offer drink coupons, breakfast coupons, free parking, or any sort of bag at check in. In all my stays, even the holiday inn expresses give out something at check in to priority club members. I also usually get top floor if I request because of my status. This hotel did not oblige. We were treated as any other guest that has stayed in the hotel. We were put in what I would hope is one of the smallest rooms in the hotel. I felt like we were in a closet. The heater was also blowing cold air as well as the hot, which is understandable for how cold it was while we were there.The front desk was not hospitable and checked us in as fast as possible without any PC recognition. The only good things I have to say about this hotel is the cleanliness. The room was spotless, and when housekeeping came in again to clean after our first night they did an AMAZING job! It is also very close to shopping, ice skating, food, bars, and everything is within walking distance. This is the second hotel we have stayed at in Denver and it won't be the last. We will have to find another hotel that can and will accommodate us to the standards we expect from IHG.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms next to the elevator, it can be noisy.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Denver, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear brittnitye,

Thank you for being a Priority Club Rewards Gold member and for taking the time to post your comments. I am so pleased you liked the convenient location of our property and our housekeeping services. Please accept my sincerest apology if we were not able to honor your Priority Club perks. I am also sorry for the issues you had with your room accommodations. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Anchorage
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Downtown Denver Crowne Plaza.... Stayed there for several years while attending a sports event...this time the best. Rooms and hotel has been reconditioned but most of all the entire staff of this hotel from the dinning, bar, and hotel personal are exceptional. Staying downtown Denver, I would highly recommend this hotel....

Mark

Room Tip: we had a room on the 14th floor which was just fine...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear mark m,

Thank you for sharing such a positive review of your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Denver Downtown. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to having you as our guest soon.

Kansas City
Reviewed January 19, 2013

This hotel is located close to 16 th street, so it is in walking distance to downtown shops and restaurants. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and the bed was comfy. There was water and fresh fruit in the lobby. We booked this room as part of a last minute travel package that had air and hotel included. I was very happy with this hotel for the price. I would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kcabr
CPDenver12, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Denver, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Amy S,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Crowne Plaza Denver Downtown. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our prime downtown location and our wonderful staff. Your feedback on how we can make your next stay a "Perfect 5," would be much appreicated. Please email our Management Staff at wecare@hoteldenver.net.

Crowne Plaza Denver Guest Services Specialist