“Where my guests stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Denver, Colorado
“Where my guests stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

I recommend it to visitors who are on somewhat of a budget. Good value for price right in middle of the action of downtown Denver. Swimming pool attracts guests and locals alike. "The Place", lobby bar, has excellent service (thanks Shelley & Tracey) and incredible nachos. It is extremely understated and certainly not pretentious. If you want luxury and extreme pampering try some of the luxury hotels within walking distance. Like all hotels downtown it is close to convention center, caters to foreign bus tours so the volume will vary with the conventions but they staff accordingly.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank SatHizFakShon
CPDenver12, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Denver, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear SatHizFakShon,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Crowne Plaza Denver. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our central Downtown location and our staff's oustanding hospitality. It would be our pleasure to host your next stay in Denver!

Crowne Plaza Denver Guest Services Specialist

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (388)
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

This was a nice hotel in downtown Denver. Not a special hotel, but it was a good place to stay for the night. The room seemed to be recently refurbished and was very nice and clean. There was no refrigerator, but I did not need one either. The breakfast buffet was nothing special, but was fine. I did not experience the bad stay that some people have described, and would consider staying here again.

Room Tip: I was on the 12th or 14th floor and it was plenty high enough to be away from street noise.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank MtnMatt1749
Dear MtnMatt1749,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Crowne Plaza Denver. We appreciate your feedback and it will be used for continual improvements and ongoing team training to ensure that all guests enjoy their stay with us. It would certainly be our pleasure to host your next stay in the Denver area.

Naples, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

I stayed here while attending a conference at the Denver Convention Center. The concierges were enormously helpful. The week before I arrived they arranged advance dinner reservations for my business meetings, and while I was there helped with last minute recommendations about where to entertain clients. The accommodations are nice and clean, and the hotel is within a couple of blocks walking distance to the downtown shopping area, popular restaurants and convention center. Transportation to the airport was convenient and affordable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Diane D
Dear Diane D,

Thank you for your positive feedback on your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Denver. We are so delighted to hear that you experienced our staff's outstanding hospitality and enjoyed so much of what Denver has to offer. It would certainly be our pleasure to host your next stay in Denver!

Crowne Plaza Den
Buffalo, NY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

Stayed at the Crowne Plaza for 5 nights while at a conference. The only nice thing was that the hotel is located close to the Convention Center and other downtown attractions (e.g. 16th Street Mall). The hotel has limited common spaces - a small lobby with a bar and restaurant. There is a parking garage that is part of the hotel building. The room that I had was at the end of the hall and was very small with a queen bed. I asked for a king bed but at check in there were none available. The bathroon was very small. The windows did not block out the outside noises and the early morning street noises (i. e. garbage truck) woke me up every day. The heating / cooling units were very noisy. I had turned mine off but could still hear the units in the adjacent rooms. In general the hotel is a little worn. Overall it was a disappointing experience.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are small.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Robert8181
Dear Robert8181,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Crowne Plaza Denver. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our central Downtown location to experience so much of what Denver has to offer. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay and we would love the opportunity to resolve these issues. If would you like to discuss your stay with our Management Team, please email wecare@hoteldenver.net.

Crowne Plaza Denver Guest Services
Naples, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

My wife and I just spent three nights here. The hotel is in a very good location near the Convention Center and 16th St. Mall. The staff is very friendly and the hotel is clean and quiet. However, the room was drab but adequately appointed. Housekeeping service was efficient. The public areas on the first floor are outdated and in need of a total renovation. The "business center" consists of two pc's and a printer that did not work when we were there. The restaurant and bar area are dreary. We have stayed in several Crown Plaza properties but this one did not measure up to most in appearance and amenities. However, we got a very good deal on Priceline so the value was certainly there.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Equity
Dear Equity,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Crowne Plaza Denver. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our ideal Downtown location. Your feedback is much appreciated and will be used for continual improvements and team training to ensure all of guests have a wonderful experience with us.

Black Hawk, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza downtown Denver location earlier this month. We stayed there for two nights and left my car parked in the hotel's "secure" parking garage. On my drive home I realized that there were items missing from my car. (iPod, Prescription sunglasses, a coupe of jackets) The thief was even nice enough to tug hard enough on the soft top on my jeep to rip the seams on the rear window.

I called the hotel to report the theft and the manager on duty took down my information and told me that a rep from their insurance company would call me. Well, it's been over a week and no call from the insurance guy. I have no alternative other than to assume that the Crowne Plaza Downtown Denver is blowing me off. It cost me $22 per day to park in their garage plus another $500+ to replace everything that was stolen or damaged. Thanks for nothing!!

Beyond the fiasco of parking security and the poor customer service after I reported the incident, the rooms were OK, but nothing particularly fancy. A little small, but that should be expected given the downtown/highrise building.

I thought the staff in the lounge was pretty good. They were nice, approachable and provided good service.

I doubt that I'll stay at this hotel again. If I do stay there again I'll either leave my car at home or make certain to leave NOTHING of value in the parking garage.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Coons10
CPDenver12, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Denver, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Coons10,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Crowne Plaza Denver. First, please accept our sincerest apologies for the experience you had with us. It is always our first priority for guests to have an enjoyable and safe stay with us. Despite our best efforts to keep our parking garage secure for our guests, we still encourage all guests to remove all valuables from their vehicles. Our Management Staff has followed up with our insurance company regarding the incident and if you would like to speak further with the Management Staff, please email wecare@denverhotel.net. Again, we apologize for recent experience with us and we have utilized your feedback to improve the security of hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our staff’s wonderful hospitality in The Lounge and we welcome you to return as our guest during your next stay in Denver.

Crowne Plaza Guest Services Specialist
Adelaide, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in October.

Good points are...
Central Location, close to the Mall.
Rooms are of a good size.
The entire hotel is non-smoking
Free wifi

Bad points are...
Hotel is a bit old, and showing its age.
Breakfast is very lack lustre and is not up to the same standard as other Crowne Plaza Hotels.
Food choices and quality at the Breakfast buffet were of poor standard,

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank FrequentTravelAussie
Dear FrequentTravelAussie,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Crowne Plaza Denver. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed our prime Downtown location and many of our wonderful amenities. We appreciate all of your feedback and it will be used for ongoing team training to improve our guests' experience.

Crowne Plaza Denver Guest Services Specialist.