“Wonderful location in the heart of Denver”

Crowne Plaza Denver
Ranked #57 of 158 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 28, 2011

During our recent trip to Colorado, my wife and I were looking for a nice but affordable hotel in the city that would allow us easy access to explore downtown Denver. We found exactly what we were looking for in the Crowne Plaze Hotel Denver.

This is the second time I've stayed in this hotel. All I remember from my first trip many years ago was the hotel's great location - a block from the 16th Street Mall in the heart of Denver. However, I didn't remember much about the rooms or service from that trip, so I didn't know what to expect for this trip.

We were very pleasantly surprised. I'm a Priority Club Platinum, so we were upgraded to a King Suite. Our room was located at the end of a quiet hall on an upper floor and had amazing views of the Rockies and downtown Denver. And though we spent most of our time out exploring the city, we always found this room to be a respite from the busy streets, a place where we could rest and recharge before heading out again.

Overall, we found this to be a nice hotel that doesn't break the bank, yet has a location that can't be beat. Would we stay there again in Denver? Yep.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
CPDenver12, Manager at Crowne Plaza Denver, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

We were very pleased to learn about your excellent stay with us. We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. We look forward to taking care of you again the next time you visit the Denver area.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Denver

Reviewed August 23, 2011

Really enjoyed my stay, Just an overnight stop for which we arrived a lot earlier than expected.
Not a problem to the staff though they checked us in and stowed our cases, recommended a few places we might head off to until the room was ready and even offered to phone us if the room became available sooner than planned.
The concierge was very helpful and seemed to enjoy the challenge of finding out all about an establishment we were interested in visiting. (Nothing Kinky lol).
Took the hotels recommended town car to the airport the next day, could not have been more helpful and informative.

I wish we could have stayed longer and checked out the restaurant etc. but maybe there will be another day.

Perfect rooms, great location and helpful staff.

Thanks folks

Mike

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us the valuable feedback about your stay. We were delighted that it was everything you had hoped for.

Reviewed August 22, 2011

I stayed here on a solo trip before my work conference began at a hotel outside the city.

The Good: Location! It is walking distance to great restaurants and the 16th street mall. The staff was pleasant and helpful. They gave me ideas about different neighborhoods and restaurants to check out. The food in the restaurant "Off Sixteenth" was very good and reasonably priced. I received a coupon for a buy-one-get-one-free cocktail upon check in which I really appreciated. I was able to arrange for a late check out (normal check out is noon) without much resistance. The room was nice, clean, comfortable.

The Bad: The elevator. They force you to swipe your key card to get to any floor and It didn't always work. I spent way too much time riding up and down instead of just getting to my floor.

Would I go back? Absolutely!

Room Tip: I stayed in an Odd- numbered room and did not have a nice view, so maybe the even numbered rooms are...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with this valuable feedback and look forward to accommodating you again in the future.

Reviewed August 18, 2011

The loaction of the hotel was excellent for my purposes. Very pleasant room and well equipped exercise facility. But what I liked most was the extremely pleasant and professional staff. From the initial contact at the front desk, to the concierge, to the bar tenders everyone was polite, helpful, and made my stay there very comfortable. When the transportation to the airport van did not show up right on time the hotel staff immediately took me and another guest to the airport in a hotel van with no questions asked. Very well run facility.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Philip s

Dear Valued Guest,

We were pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this valuable feedback. Come back again soon!

Reviewed August 15, 2011

My husband and I stayed here while he attended a conference. We really enjoyed the stay. The rooms were really clean and nicely decorated (very updated). The customer service at this hotel was extremely good. The people were very friendly and really helped me plan our days to see the most we can of Denver and the surrounding areas. They also had great suggestions when making reservations for large groups. This hotel is in a very safe area and very convenient to anything you could possibly want, dining, movie theatre, shopping, etc. It's a $22 shuttle ride each way using Super Shuttle. I am a frequent traveler and hard to please at times. The King Suite is extremely nice! I hope you enjoy your stay here too!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
CPDenver12, Manager at Crowne Plaza Denver, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us! We were pleased to learn that you had an excellent stay and enjoyed the area as well as our service. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to taking great care of you again when you visit downtown Denver,

Reviewed August 14, 2011

When looking for a hotel to stay at in Denver I called several places to find out specific information regarding distance to the Pepsi Center. When I called and spoke to the conceirge at the Crowne Plaza he was so helpful and friendly that I decided that the Crowne Plaza was the place for me and my guest to stay. When I made my reservation the reservations agent was kind and very helpful with answering my questions about check in/out times and how to get there. When she did her upsell, she was professional and didn't pressure me to spend out of my budget.

Upon arrival, the front desk clerk was polite and friendly. She explained how the elevator worked. They were quick and friendly with everything. Darlene, our breakfast server was friendly and wonderful. It was an all around wonderful mini-vacation. I will definitly stay at a Crowne Plaza Hotel on any other tri I take.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay. We were happy to hear that you were please with your experience from beginning to end. We would love the opportunity to take care of you again should you return to the Denver downtown area.

Reviewed August 11, 2011

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza for a long weekend in early August, 2011 as part of a block of rooms reserved for a wedding. Following are the good, the bad, and the extremely shady highlights of our stay.

The good: The hotel is clean and well situated in regard to the 16th street shopping area, the art museum, and good restaurants. Wi-fi was free, the rooms were clean, and the staff was unfailingly polite and helpful.

The bad: The beds are uncomfortable, the towels were thin, and the elevators take forever. It was not unusual to spend 10-15 minutes trying to catch an elevator to the lobby.

The shady: Three different rooms in our group experienced late night/early morning intrusions, where key cards were used to unlock and open their doors. In all three instances, the intruder ran off after realizing that the room was occupied or secured using the flip-locks. In addition, the parents of the groom had reserved the Concierge Club Lounge on the top floor to use as a central gathering place for wedding guests. One night several wedding guests attempted to enter the room only to find an unknown man entertaining a young woman. The man would not say how he got access to the room, and refused them entry.

These events suggest someone on the hotel staff is duplicating room keys for unsavory purposes. I'd like to think this is a one-bad-apple type of situation, but would not consider staying at the Crowne Plaza again until hearing that the hotel has resolved this issue.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank wallace63
CPDenver12, Manager at Crowne Plaza Denver, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

We are grateful to have had you as our guests to celebrate this special occasion. We are always appreciative of guest feedback. We take the feedback very seriously and use it in our continuous quest for excellence. We were please to learn that you enjoyed some aspects of your stay. We deeply apologize for the disappointing parts of your experience. Some members of the wedding party were kind enough to bring the issues to the attention of our General Manager who launched a full investigation. Through internal lock audits and security camera checks we were able to identify our "rotten apple." Dispite our efforts to complete background checks on all employees offered employment with us, it is never a guarantee that unacceptable conduct can occur. This individual is no longer employed at the Crowne Plaza Denver and the General Manager has communicated the details to certain members of the wedding party. We sincerely apologize for the
disruption and dissatisfaction this individual caused your group. It is our hope that you will give us
another opportunity to earn your trust and confidence by choosing to stay with us again in the
future.