“Convenient location, pleasant hotel”

Crowne Plaza Denver
Ranked #55 of 160 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 5, 2011

Enjoyed our stay, close to the 16th St Mall and the Capitol Building. Ate breakfast in the restaurant, where we were given a comprehensive what-to-do guide by our very friendly waiter. Room was spacious and clean. Good value for money.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank brigette_garbin
CPDenver12, Manager at Crowne Plaza Denver, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on your recent stay. We were very pleased to learn you enjoyed your experience. Our restaurant servers are very knowledgeable and are a great resource for "things to do." Our housekeeping staff takes a great deal of pride in making sure that every guest room is exceptionally clean. We thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to taking care of you again next time you visit Denver.

The Crowne Plaza Denver Team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,605)

Reviewed May 1, 2011

We booked the day we arrived and we were pleasantly surprised. We chose this hotel based on fact that it was the least expensive of the downtown hotels when we booked. The rooms were nicely updated and we were in a room next to the elevator. Typically, I complain about that but we never heard anything! The staff was very friendly and helpful. the location was great, just one block from the Pavillions and 16th street mall. The access into and out of the city was great and it is very easy to find. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to report your experience with us. We are happy that you received all that you expected and enjoyed the great location downtown. We will be honored to take excellent care of you again next time you visit Denver.

Reviewed April 10, 2011

Booked without knowing name of hotel and took a big chance on down town Denver. This was a great find. Included parking so saved 20$ on Rockies game parking! Was able to walk down town to game as well a 16th street mall. If you need a room better than this you are just a spoiled rich person.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Susie1334

Dear Valued Guest,

We were pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. Some of our package rates do include parking which can be a really great deal when you’re going to a Rockies game. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We hope you choose to stay with us again the next time you are visiting downtown Denver. Go Rockies!

The Crowne Plaza Denver

Reviewed April 4, 2011

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza in Denver this last November for a professional conference. On the last day of my meeting I came down with an extremely bad case of food poisoning; having already checked out of the Crowne Plaza, and with my flight scheduled for 11PM that night, I desperately needed but did not have a place where I could lay down for a few hours. This all changed, however, when I went back to the CP and asked them if there was somewhere I could rest. Thinking they would just take to me to a couch in a back room, I was instead given a free room for the entire afternoon and evening before I needed to make my flight. The hotel did not need to give me a free bed, but they were gracious enough to do so anyway. So, if you are traveling through Denver and need a place to stay, go with the Crowne Plaza in downtown: you'll get a great room, and will rest easy knowing that their excellent service gave a helping hand to a fellow traveller in need.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. We are so very sorry to learn that you spent part of your trip sick. We are grateful that we had the ability to give you a place to rest so that you could feel some better before traveling home. We love to be able to go the extra mile for our guests and hope to take great care of you again next time you visit the Denver area.

Reviewed March 31, 2011

My colleague and I came to Denver for a series of business meetings... We heard that the Westin was "dirty" and it was recommended that we not stay there. When we did a search, we found the Crowne Plaza seemed to have the location we desired with the price-point we liked... Boy, we should have paid a few dollars more to stay at the Hyatt or Four Seasons for the price!

The problems started right from the start... The parking garage is a nightmare! For some reason, parking is $20 per day (outrageous for Denver) and fills the lower levels of the building. The spaces are cramped and there is no security for females. You've got to walk a long hallway to get to the hotel that is poorly lit... My female partner did not feel safe at all!

When we checked in, we were given a room that was right next to the elevator shaft. We were in a hurry to run to our first meeting, but upon returning to the hotel we noticed that the room "shook" about every minute and a half! We had room service make a delivery, and inquired if this shaking was due to a public transportation system or something. "Ah, no. That would be the elevator!" was our response. We moved rooms graciously thanks to the operating manager Robert. Our next room was considerably smaller, but MUCH quieter.

I used the workout room the next day. It was state of the art and great, but unfortunately a short "breezeway" walk. Not much to enjoy in the 15* Denver AM, but I made the most of the trek and didn't catch cold.

The hotel bar might just be the best part... The bartender is a guy named Michael. He not only remembered what we ordered for lunch, but helped recommend other items as well. Strike that... He was the best part of this hotel.

The hotel property used to be a Holiday Inn from I'm guessing the 70's. NOTE - If you like Holiday Inn's from the 70's, you'll be in heaven here! The carpet/paint/etc. is still the same. Someone told me that they underwent a remodel... I think they meant that there were new curbs installed outside. The place is just old and tired!

Lastly, and here was the real kick in the you know whats... on our last night we had a local colleague who decided not to drink 'n drive (always a good policy). He inquired as to the best rate he could receive, and the registration person gave him a rate that was 1/4 the price we were paying! Wait, it gets better... He got a suite!

Last time staying here... Hello Hyatt or Four Seasons!

Room Tip: Tell them you've been drinking!
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank PathosGuy

Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate you taking time to share your experience. We are very sorry that you did not have a pleasant stay with us. Our $20 overnight parking is the best value in downtown Denver. All other properties that have a parking lot charge anywhere from $23 to $29 dollars. It is an unfortunate reality when you are in any downtown environment. We do have a security team that monitors garage activity over night. Good deals at the last minute in the hotel world do happen. We are glad we could accommodate your friend. We were really happy to learn that you were taken care of by Michael and enjoyed his service. We love having him as part of our team! Thank you again for your time.

The Crowne Plaza Team

Reviewed March 31, 2011

We negotiated a better price and got down to 119 before tax. I stayed for three nights. I had a very good sized room at room 2010. My room was about 4 feet wider than 2008. Room was very well appointed, king bed, lots of condiments. Coffee machine and water supplied. Despite the previous report by Bosozokuster who was devastated by the wardrobe door left open and the chair in the wrong place, I was very satisfied with the room cleaning. Get real, mate. No complaints with the room. Concierge staff are very good and will help with anything. You have to have a beer at the bar with Michael the barman. He is a very funny guy and I would stay there again just for his entertaining company.
Back to the rooms - Everything you need, great view if you ask for one. Hotel is in a great location next to Convention Centre and Pavillion and a few steps to 16th Street Mall.
I can't fault this hotel, service was very good and staff brilliant. The rooms are very modern but perhaps others have been give older rooms. Price was good and location the same.
Note to manager, pay Michael in the bar a bonus. There were quite a few of us that stayed in the bar just for the fun we had with him.

Room Tip: Great location
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank ACEPMQ

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to report such a terrific experience. We are very proud of our hotel cleanliness and staff and we appreciate you sharing your thoughts about it. Michael is a fantastic employee who is loved by everyone! Your compliments will certainly earn him a nomination for one of employee awards. We would be honored to have you stay with us again next time you are in the Denver area.

Reviewed March 29, 2011

I booked this hotel last minute through getaroom.com for a business trip. My other travelmates stayed at the Embassy Suites a couple of blocks away and paid significantly more (if I would have stayed there it would have been double!). Rooms are...ok...kinda small. You can tell they're in the middle of redoing the hotel. Bathroom was half new (sinks and shower tile) and half old (really old vinyl). Weirdest thing to me is that the sink has this weird apron in the front that keeps you from really being able to access it (I had to stand on my tip toes to finish brusing my teeth). Oh, and the new freestanding sink is too big and you have to sit sideways on the toilet.

Front desk was pretty good, bellstaff outstanding. Had a really bad experience with room service...called to order and they thought I was a man. When I corrected them, they laughed. Didn't think it was funny. Plus, they then tell me that the menu I have is old. Ok, what do you want ME to do about it??

Good location to convention center. Internet is free.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the things you were not pleased with but very happy that you were able to get a terrific price at the last minute. We wanted to share that we recognize the sinks in some of the rooms have been difficult for some people to use. Our ownership has been very supportive of the feedback and has decided to redesign the sinks so they will be more user friendly. Soon we will have new sinks in all of our guest rooms. We are happy to know that you had great experience with our bell and concierge staff. We are sorry that you had poor room service experience and we will use this information as a training tool to improve our service. Thank you again and we hope to see you again next time you visit downtown Denver.

The Crowne Plaza Team