“Shabby Shabby Shabby”

Ramada Denver Midtown
Ranked #113 of 157 Hotels in Denver

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Denver
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Having stayed at a very nice Days Inn through Wyndham, the week before, we had high expectations. This hotel appeared to be a nice hotel from its website and at some point in history it probably was, but when we arrived we immediately noticed how rundown it was and generally dirty and shabby. Our room was clean enough but very small, and the bathroom had missing tile grout and peeling wallpaper. On the website and according to the booking agent, it was suppose to have a pool and spa (hot tub); however, when we went to enjoy the pool and spa, we discovered this hotel did NOT have a spa (hot tub) and considered its pool to be the spa because it was heated. This was VERY disappointing, and we felt we had been deceived. We would NOT have booked a stay here had we known it did NOT have a spa (hot tub), which would have been a special treat for us. Everywhere in the hotel things were in a state of disrepair and in various degrees of dilapidation and filth. It really was gross. I did not give it a terrible for three reasons. They provided the roll away bed as requested (although, the room was really too small for a roll away and the front desk attendants were not very friendly), the towels were great, and the continental breakfast was very good. But for those things, I would give it a Terrible. If I were Wyndham, I would be ashamed to be associated with this hotel. We will NEVER stay at a Ramada Inn again, and we will be wary about other Wyndham hotels because of this experience.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed June 12, 2014

TV did not work first day. AC did not work either. Some of the staff was helpful but the desk manager on last day was a complete jerk. Motel is dirty, and staff for the most part was anything but helpful. I have scratched Ramada off my list. You should too.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Denver hotels

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

Came here as I was stranded in Denver for the night and Frontier Airlines referred me here. Dirty, run down, gross gross gross. Plus, the staff really didn't care one way or another about the experience when I checked in, and I was treated quite rudely. Avoid this place if you can

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank DanielLogan
Jeremiah C, Manager at Ramada Denver Midtown, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and give our hotel a rating. We appreciate the negative and positive feedback we receive from our guests. We do apologize if your stay was anything less than satisfying. If we have the chance of having you as a guest in the future I will make sure you have a wonderful rate.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 22, 2014

We booked this hotel through a website for distressed travellers after our evening flight was canceled with supposedly good rates and if it isn't the worst hotel I've ever stayed in it must come pretty close.

We arrived with our huge collection of bags (three suitcases and a very large cardboard box to be greeted with a set of steps and no obviousness ramp despite the fat that we could see a hotel trolley through the glass door.

I asked if there was a ramp and was told by the front desk woman (who turned out to be the only staff member in the entire hotel we ever saw) that there wasn't one but if the taxi dropped our stuff at the back of the hotel we could enter at the second floor and take the elevator down.

By this time my wife had already unloaded the stuff and the taxi was departing so we dragged the four large items plus two computer trollies up the steps and onto the trolley. As soon as we tried to push the trolley we discovered one of the wheels had a flat tyre and it wouldn't move with all the stuff on it.

I asked if there was another trolley and the desk woman said there were two more but they were probably (?!?) in the corridors on the second or third floor. So I left my wife with the bags and combed the two corridors to find nothing! The corridors were disgusting with filthy carpets and cracked walls and areas that looked like a war zone. I eventually found an area where some sort of renovation was taking place and there was a trolley loaded up with squares of wall or floor tile obviously In use as equipment mover and not available with its 4 foot pile of tiles.

In another tiny room with a small opening just big enough to fit it in was the missing third trolley which I pulled out and dragged into the lift that was a match for the corridors and had chipped wood and was probably driven by a team of monkeys writing shakespeare judging by it's speed. I got down to the ground floor dragging it before I realised that it too had a flat tyre, even flatter than the one we had already found downstairs in the lobby.

I asked the desk woman's about it and she just shrugged and said "that's all we have". We found that by only putting half our stuff on the original trolley we were agile to drag it along the floor and got our stuff up to the room on the third floor in two shifts.

The room was not as bad as the rest of the hotel and contained two double beds, a fridge with a totally iced over freezer compartment and towels on the shelves inside that someone had put there to catch drips I assume. The air conditioner was on the lowest setting and highest fan and barely there but sounded like a threshing machine. There was a TV so we were able to hook up our pc and watch one of our downloaded shows. The only high point of the hotel was its proximity to a Mexican restaurant where we had pretty good meals.

Needless to say we have leaned a good lesson from this and that is never ever trust a hotel recommendation from airport staff as the last time we did this we ended up in a similar place; cleaner but like a student dorm. As we were getting here my wife looked up Expedia and there would have been lots of better hotels closer to the airport than this two star hotel with 104 out of 200 trip adviser reviews of "Terrible"

Ignore the replies by the hotel here saying "sorry they are renovating". If they are it's by a teams of incompetents and I expect to to be all finished up by 2037.

As so many have said on this site: Just don't stay here.

Room Tip: Check Expedia first and find somewhere else to stay.