“Good Location, Very Old Building, Average Rooms”

Ramada Denver Midtown
Ranked #112 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Mobile
“Good Location, Very Old Building, Average Rooms”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The hotel is close to Denver City Center but the building is very old and needs maintenance. The common areas need cleaning and the guests can be defined as sub-prime. For a short, cheap hotel stay I guess it is okay, but not for a couple or a family stay. I paid a total of $77 for one room, one night (including breakfast and free parking).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed September 24, 2012

the customer service was very helpful, they helped us with getting around denver, had a shuttle service that was on time. the front desk clerk ( Averie) was great an very profesinal she did so much for us she made our stay fun, she also upgrade to a very nice room. rooms were very clean, the bar was great an the bartender was great she also made our stay fun too. i would come back to the hotel again. perfect location, great views of the city an mile high.

Room Tip: ask for Averie she is great an very helpful. an very beutiful too.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I had Wyndam rewards & had to also pay for 3 days. I was told by Wyndam that this was a good place to stay. I was in Denver for 6 days as an outpatient at National Jewish Medical Center . The room was filthy and smelled terrible even though it was a no smoking room. There were big blood stains on the wall and lamp shade. I pointed this out to the staff and it was never cleaned. They didn't have a microwave in the room even though when I booked it they said there would be one. They brought one in and it was filthy dirty with food splattered on the inside. They would not clean it. Room service was next to non-existant. They did not vacuum the carpets during my stay and made the bed one time only. They never changed the sheets. I had to ask for clean towels and coffee each day. The window didn't have a lock on it and could be opened to the outside deck by anyone.

The exterior looks run down and the interior is even worse. The carpets are fllthy, torn and frayed. The wall paper is torn and in places is falling down. The elevator and halls are dark. My room light switch by the door wouldn't work.

Some of their employees are polite but most of them are rude and can't be bothered to assist their guests. I had a nightmare experience with the breakfast staff. No one can speak English. I do speak a little Spanish but still got no help and lots of resistance. I politely asked the breakfast employee for someone that speaks English (in both English and Spanish) and was given nothing but rudeness. All they would say is "No eggs". They didn't even mention omelots. Another guest came over and started screaming at me that I was a racist and putting her finger in my face. She was definitely in "my space", about 3 inches away from me and continued her tirade for about 10 minutes. I told her several times to back up and leave me alone. All of this because I asked for someone to speak to me in English. I went to the front desk and told them of this experience but did wonder why they didn't come into the room as it's close to the dining area and they had to hear her screaming at me. The manager stopped me in mid-sentence and took the other guest into the closet by the front desk for several minutes. She came out laughing. She then told me to go to my room and she'd have food brought to me. I told her what my food allergies were. She sent food up to me that I'd told her I was allergic to. I have severe asthma and couldn't eat it. I never went to the dining room again or asked for food. Continental breakfast shouldn't mean that the staff only speaks in a foreign language and you get verbally attacked when you ask for someone that can communicate in English. That place needs an interpreter!!

I hated my entire stay at this establishment. It was a traumatic experience for me, especially being called a racist. I am a Christian and was raised to be respectful of every human being. Ramada has got to be crazy to allow their name to be associated with it!!! RUN, DON'T WALK!!!!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Denver hotels

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed September 17, 2012

This hotel is dirty, dilapidated and noisy. The breakfast is mediocre at best. The internet is slow. The one bright spot was the front desk staff, who were very warm, polite and helpful.

The towels had been washed but still had dark eye make-up and other sorts of stains and residues in them. The windows were dirty. The buildings and sidewalks were not well-maintained. The pool is fenced-off, full of putrid, standing water.

The rear part of the motel is build around three sides of a parking lot, the scene of plenty of noise, shouting and ruckus late into the night.

If you don't have a car, getting a taxi can be an hour-long wait.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the front part of the motel.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Like another reviewer on this site, I'm a little baffled by the 'terrible' reviews. My wife and I stayed there twice while visiting the local sites, including a few nights in Aspen. We had none of this issues listed by most of the reviewers on this site. Check in and check out were smooth, clerk was courteous, room was clean with adequate space, and we had a nice view of Midtown from our window. Yes, this hotel is OLD and in some disrepair...but you can't beat the price for a place to crash for a night or two. Other hotels in the Midtown area are as much as 4 times the rate at the Ramada Midtown. The Ramada was quiet and we got a great nights's rest both nights we were there. I give it 3 stars for being a positive and adequate stay for the money! I recommend it for a night or two just to sleep there. However, if you're planning to spend any length of time in Denver and you're looking for more of a 'resort' type experience, spend the extra money and choose something more upscale...

Room Tip: Room on higher floor in Main Building with view of Midtown was pleasant and quiet
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bill S
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed July 26, 2012

The Ramada Denver Midtown on Zuni advertised having queen size beds on Hotels.com. The room had two full size beds and we were told that that was all they had. The ceiling was cracking and peeling. The sheets had small but obvious blood stains on them. The air conditioning was okay at best. It was in the 90's and with the air conditioning on full/max it might have been down to the upper 70's in the room at best. The hotel offered a shuttle service but one day after dropping us off down town, the shutte driver was let go for the day. We had a long walk back to the hotel. When we expressed our displeasure the hotel desk person said she would pick up the fare for a cab to go back down town, since it was only about $4. The meter on the cab showed the fare as $9.50 when we got out. Overall, the place was in need of maintenance and repair. Even though the breakfast was better than expected, I would recommend staying elsewhere.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank mikjep
Aspen, Colorado
Reviewed July 21, 2012

So I came with a group to see Kenny Chesney. The hotel is well situated for the football stadium where the concert was held. Check in is 3:00 just about when we arrived. Our room was not yet clean but we waited, placed our belongings inside and went to the concert. Afterwards we hung out in another room (the party room) of another member of our group. While there we were informed that one of the other couples who chose not to wait for the room to be cleaned before the concert went to get their room after the concert, went inside, saw luggage and recognized it as mine. Thank goodness it was RESOLD to someone I know well!!! They were then sent to a second room that had people in it as they opened the door, this time people they did not know. The front desk was very rude dealing with the situation. The Air-conditioning is not working either.

Room Tip: Probably best to not stay over a weekend, there is load music on Saturday evenings
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends