“Not a steakhouse guy, but really liked it!”

5280 Prime Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
5280 Prime Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #777 of 3,041 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 15th St.
Louisville, Colorado
“Not a steakhouse guy, but really liked it!”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

As the title states, I'm not a steakhouse guy. A big steak tastes great, but it doesn't get me excited. So, I decided to go with the elk. I've never had it before and the subtle warnings of "gamey" didn't scare me. I have to say that it tasted great and it was very lean and a reasonable size, which appealed to my philosophy of eating healthy (well, as healthy as I could at this place!). And the side of grilled asparagus was very nice. And given that I felt so good that I ordered the flourless chocolate cake, which had a great mixture of flavors and textures, I thought everything worked out really well.

• Visited October 2013

West Hollywood, California
“Great happy hour”
Reviewed October 15, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I stayed a block away and saw this place online. It looked like it had a great happy hour menu. So I had prime rib, a wedge salad and 2 martinis and the total was only like 30 bucks! Now that's a happy hour!!!

Visited September 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Very high class, top notch steak house”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I was in Denver for business and this restaurant was very highly recommended. It was a walk from my hotel (further than my concierge alluded to), but the food and service were spectacular. All of the food items that people had, including the side orders, were perfectly made. The server was very nice to us out of towners, and made us feel very welcome. The prices are not low, so be prepared to spend about $55-60 per person (without any drinks), but it is great for a special occasion.

• Visited June 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Great Steakhouse Downtown”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Had occasion to dine here twice on recent trip to Denver. Second visit was even better than the first. All the dishes were well prepared, Buffalo tenderloin was outstanding. Service very accommodating.

• Visited June 2013
Denver, Colorado
“Unpretentious steakhouse”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We enjoyed a pleasant introduction to Prime Steakhouse during Denver Restaurant Week. Admittedly, it was not our first-choice steakhouse reservation, but the service and dining experience were very good. Tony was an attentive and helpful server. The surf and turf prix fixe meal was an especially good value at $26.40, with the steak cooked as ordered. Traditional atmosphere and a good location for theater goers and conventioneers.

• Visited March 2013

Been to 5280 Prime Steakhouse? Share your experiences!