“Best of Denver!!”

Ranked #6 of 11 Denver B&B and Inns
Evergreen, Colorado, United States
“Best of Denver!!”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I stayed at the Adagio for three days. The house itself is a treasure, a real piece of Denver history. The room was amazing! One of the nicest I've ever stayed in. It was clean & surprisingly, very quiet for being downtown. The food, ohh the food. Helen is an amazing chef and the breakfasts are to die for! Helen had prepared a very nice dinner our first night and the conversation was incredible. Helen is a very knowledgable lady and with the ambiance of the home and her polite and entertaining conversation, well, after a very long trip it was just so pleasant to be able to sit and enjoy the conversation. The hot tub was great and very relaxing. The room was very clean, very quiet and the bed was amazingly comfortable! I am sort of a history nut and after staying at the Adagio, I don't think I'll ever stay anywhere else when in Denver. I'd just like to say a sincere thank you to Helen, she herself is a Denver treasure and one of the nicest ladies I'veever met!

Room Tip: I strongly believe any room at the Adagio will offer the same level of comfort. Super place to stay!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Bali
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I rarely stay in hotels when I am visiting the US as there are so many comfortable bed and breakfasts in the smaller cities. Adagio was one of the best b&b stays I have had during my travels. The three story Victorian is warm and welcoming with spacious suites that are beautifully kept.
I was drawn to Adagio as the previous TA reviews all mention the owner
Helen...who is indeed a gem. Helen and her friend Janet were welcoming and genuinely caring...witness Helen's offering me a ride to the airport at 7:00 am on the day of my departure.
If you are visiting Denver the Adagio comes highly recommended.

Room Tip: The third floor suite is spacious and comfortable
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Cape Town
Reviewed October 30, 2012

My colleagues and I stayed at the Adagio for a couple of days during a conference. It was a most enjoyable experience and like a home from home. I was treated with hospitality, kindness and care. The owner, Helen and her colleagues, went out of their way to be warm, friendly and helpful. The house has an old world charm which is more comforting and welcoming than the conventional more of the same chain hotels.

Breakfasts are sumptuous and prepared with unique style by Helen.The house is close to the Convention Centre downtown. As enthusiastic users of public transport we used the bus to reach the Convention Centre and it was quite convenient. I will definitely stay at Adagio again and recommend it to all who benefits from genuine friendliness rather than trained conventional "have a nice day" service. thank you friendly people.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed October 16, 2012

What a welcoming staff! delicious breakfasts! beautiful room with several couches, great places to read and relax, large bathroom, great lighting, delicious pumpkin bar treats in the evening, perfect location for getting on the bike paths or access to downtown, what can I say, I loved every minute! I would come back in a second!!

Room Tip: I loved my room on the third floor, but others may prefer fewer stairs.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Danville, Virginia
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I recently stayed here and was absolutely blown away by several things: the interior itself is gorgeous. Built in the latter 1800s, it is an example of Victorian at its best: beautiful staircase, wainscoting, windows, front doors, etc. A very nice place to stay.

Second, the innkeepers and owner go out of their to provide the services you need. Whether it is a customized breakfast or special needs in your room--they provide.

Thank you, Adagio, for making my trip to Denver very enjoyable.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank arttraveler2
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We stayed for a week. The food was disappointing; sugary, fatty and sparce with little variety. There was Costco style muffins and dilute coffee. After several days, we declined breakfast. Luckily there are cafes in the neighborhood
Helen ( the owner) was nice but liked to talk alot and one employee hit on me.
The room was nice.
The steep price is incongruent with the product.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Suetochew
Adagio_Denver, Owner at Bud+Breakfast at The Adagio, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
I was stunned to see this review. This was written by the daughter who was staying with her mother and was written while they were still here. The daughter turned up her nose at the poached eggs I served on the second day of their visit, but the mother has eaten all of her breakfast every morning. I go to great lengths to prepare and serve wholesome, nutritious food and make every effort to accommodate my guests' dietary restrictions and preferences.
Further, my innkeepers treat our guests with respect and courtesy. There is no basis for this woman's claim that one of my staff "hit on her". They are routinely complimented for their efficiency and service and frequently receive very generous tips.
Finally, I find it curious that the woman has endeavored to discredit me and my business in such a passive-aggressive manner rather than communicating her complaints to me directly.

Helen Strader, Proprietor
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Fourth time there. Helen and staff are great. The breakfast is worth the stay. Each day excellent with different main courses. Wifi is average. Could use an update of their coffee makers. Can't beat the location. Good walking area. Cable TV, etc. We stay there a lot, as you can tell. Not on the cheap side, but a quality place to stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple