“Grand Marnier chocolate ice cream makes me happy”

Bonnie Brae Ice Cream
Ranked #6 of 69 Dessert in Denver
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Grand Marnier chocolate ice cream. That's all I'd have to say.

Worth it if you're looking for a locally-owned, neighborhood shop. Go elsewhere if you're expecting/comparing it to a corporate chain atmosphere.

Bonnie Brae was much larger on the inside than I expected, and it was fully staffed. Although there seemed to be a bunch of customers milling about, we were offered service immediately by one of the many workers. The menu on the wall is huge and overwhelming, and the website seems to list even more flavors that aren't displayed at the shop. It was surprisingly clean, unlike the shop near my house where nearly all surfaces are perpetually sticky.

One large scoop in a waffle cone was more than enough for the two of us (we had just eaten a 3-course meal). Sure, the price might be on the higher side, but I knew this going in and was willing to do so for housemade products; plus, I recently paid $1 more for the same thing in Naples, FL at a chain shop, so I'm not complaining. Especially since BB's ice cream was deliciously creamy with a sort of round mouth-feel as the flavors melted (not sure what I'm even trying to say, but it sounds right!).

Parking situation is tight, so plan to make a short walk (reason for the negative one star). Plenty of seating available outside with a smattering of benches, tables, and chairs.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Although fresh, doesn't taste any different than a Ben and Jerry's Scoop Shop. Waffle comes smell better than the taste.

Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

Best ice cream place I have ever been to in my entire life never would have visted this place if it wasn't the overwhelming popularity outside the door!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

friendly neighborhood. dont be put off by the line. it moves very quickly. walk if you are not too far. great stroll for the dog and it helps burn off that extra scoop

1  Thank michaelmurphy
Reviewed May 3, 2014

After dinner at the Bonnie Brae Tavern, we crossed the street to enjoy a little dessert, Everyone was pretty full, but it was so tempting to try some of the interesting flavors. The staff was helpful and knowledgeable in describing the more complex flavors. We enjoyed our yummy ice cream cones -- sitting outside on the sidewalk benches. A nice end to a family evening.