“Clueless staff”

Denver
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Clueless staff”
Reviewed April 1, 2012

I called a little before 8 pm on a Saturday to see if I could make a reservation for dinner for around 9:00. The persone who answered told me it wouldn't be necessary, that they have "open seating" and he'd be able to find me a place. So I arrived just after 9, and after a too-long wait for the waitress to take my order, I was informed that they were no longer serving food from the full menu--it was bar menu only since 8:30! So...why was I not told (when I said I wanted to have dinner at 9) that the dinner menu wasn't going to be available then? And what LoDo restaurant stops serving dinner after 8:30 on a Saturday?

• Visited April 2012

“Interesting evening”
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Interesting evening. Great atmosphere. Would go back for that. The night was unusually busy so the service was mediocre. But atmosphere was worth trying again.

Jackson, Wyoming
“Nasty Rude Bartender would not waste my time”
Reviewed February 13, 2012

As someone who loves a good glass or wine and after reading the positive reviews I was excited to visit this place when I was in Denver for a girl's weekend. We finally made it there on a Saturday night after walking about 6 city blocks in snow after our dinner. We were looking forward to continuing our great wine party in a hip location. However upon arriving at 12:15am we couldn't get in as the doors were locked however there were about 10 other customer's inside sitting at the bar talking and drinking with the bartender. One of the customers saw us and came over to let us in. We started to walk in and the bartender told us they were closed. I asked what time they close as their website said 2am and it was 2 hours before that. He rudely announced, sucks to be you I get lied to all the time as well. Enjoy your night elsewhere.

Right, I will be elsewhere and will never ever give them a dime of my money or time. Glad to know I didn't waste my time on rude people.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank andicarusowy
NewJersey
“A wonderful place for a celebration”
Reviewed August 4, 2011

My daughter had just graduated from DU and we were hosting friends and family from out of state and local friends. Aaron was great in setting everything in place, even recommending the bakery. They have a very cozy room upstairs, comfy couches, subdued lights, etc. The waiter went up and down making sure that everyone had their drinks. We had some light food which was wonderful. We felt welcomed and special.

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank JKNJ
Fort Collins, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“We had a wonderful experience after going on a whim”
Reviewed September 6, 2010

My wife and iI were in Denver for the labor day weekend and hopping around to various restaurants. Wanting a light meal, we found The Wine Loft listed as $$ in hotel literature and also in 5280 magazine, We had an early reservation and arrived to an empty room. Taste of Colorado, a massive event with many restaurants at the Civic center, was ongoing and most folks not at that event, had likely headed for the mountains on a hot day (95F). Later arriving guests arriving were taking tables outside, likely being escapees from urban confines. We chose inside and our setting was shared by only a few later arrivals who sat around the bar. We sat privately in the main area away from the bar,It has elegant interior, lower level main room and upper loft. An interior designer would love the style. High quality sofas, endless mirrors on the walls, high ceilings etc. Well done. Classy. The Wine Loft serves only "small plate"selections ranging from the appetizer type fare through entrees through desserts, in content. All were intriguing and the several we chose were great An abbreviated but long enough list of wines by the glass were all selections unfamiliar to us, not labels of the ordinary vintners, An extensive list of bottled wines from modest to high end pricing gives any wine enthusiast a wide choice. Colleen was our happy, attentive mannered and attractive server and helped us through three rounds of selections by the glass, from a dry white to a lighter red to stronger red, giving a tasting if needed. We lingered with no unwanted interruptions and the well-timed checking of "how we were doing" . Cost including tip, was under $100 and worth every penny. One can readily spend less and enjoy an equally good time. Our experience was just as wonderful as a gourmet dinner for twice the amount, The Wine Loft gave us exactly what we were looking for that night,a wide variety of unique food and wine and sincere attentive service at modest cost and moderate amount of food and many wine choices. Upon leaving Colleen said, "I very much enjoyed serving you" and we surely enjoyed her doing so. We will return, perhaps even for a Happy Hour timing with pricing on many items being $3-5 less for each. Better yet, if you want to impress a :first date" The Wine Loft for post-sunset dinner hours is a winner! Go on any Saturday night and Colleen should be on duty, so she said.

1 Thank travelalot089