“Excellent Pizza”

8:00 PM
OR
Ranked #18 of 3,619 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: On Larimer between 21st and 22nd
Description: Marco's Coal-Fired is proud to be the only pizzeria in the state of Colorado to receive the coveted VPN certification. This certification requires strict adherence to the culinary discipline of the Associazione Verace Pizza Napoletana (VPN). Come taste our efforts and see if we do not have you dreaming of warm Neapolitan nights, no passport required!
Reviewed July 23, 2019 via mobile

Very good, I can recommend this place. Pizza was delicious and the service is also very attentious. Will definitely come back!!

Date of visit: July 2019
Write a reviewReviews (740)

Reviewed July 14, 2019 via mobile

I can’t say enough good things about Marco’s. We first learned about Marco’s on a Delicious Denver food tour. We heard about their AVPN certification and were super excited. On the food tour, we tried their Compania pie, and, well, one slice wasn’t enough! We returned here for dinner later in the evening after the tour. While having dinner, I recognized Mark, the owner, and flagged him down. We talked about our favorite pizza back home, also an AVPN certified pizzeria. He knew the owners, and was just awesome to talk with.

Now for the food - we started with the Arrosto salad. Hands down, this is my favorite salad I’ve ever had. So fresh. The grilled veg on top was just awesome. Then we had two pizzas - the Manhattan and the Cacio e Pepe. The Manhattan was great with the limoncello chicken. But, the Cacio, that is AMAZING. I’d recommend that pizza to anyone and everyone. Hope you try it!

Reviewed July 12, 2019 via mobile

We stopped into Marco’s during a Rockies baseball game and didn’t want to leave. Taylor and the team made us feel right at home and the food was outstanding. We enjoyed the Limoncello wings, Sicilia pizza and house salad. All items were fresh and came out incredibly quickly. Thanks for the wonderful date night!

Reviewed July 12, 2019 via mobile

One of the best places for pizza in Denver plus they have a good Happy Hour too.
Crust is so good!
Will I Go Back? Yes!! Want to try the pistachio pizza

Reviewed July 3, 2019

Sorry for sounding and acting like a food snob, but we Americans (in general), seem to be afraid of flavor. We had the Brooklyn and Bronx, colorful and full of great ingredients. They were bland though, geared to tourists and ball park visitors which I can't argue with. They need to sell pies and move people to stay alive. If they had been sharper, my son wouldn't have eaten as much as he did. So, I'm stuck in the middle of saying they were good pizzas, which they were, but sounding like a stick-in-the-mud old-guy. Good service by our waitress who is also an EMT. I think that's a good thing as people consume those pies. She explained the charring part to me. The charring seemed to be stronger than the ingredients on the pies. That's it! There has to be a balance between flavor and char. I liked cold draft beer and Birra Moretti was cool and crisp. I'd go back again but might try their spicy sausage pizza. In a land (or strip of land) impacted by Coors Field, I was happy to find a place serving hot pizza and cold beer even after the game started. Houston won 9-8 by the way. Not a pitcher's duel by any means. Not a strike-out at Marco's Coal-Fired restaurant.