We should have write this review before, but the experience was so bad that we had to let months pass... If you don't have the patience to read it until the end, just remind that this B&B is a nightmare.
1. OVERBOOKING AT THE HOLIDAY CHALET
First, let's say we booked about 3 months before our trip to Denver. We came from Montreal by plane and it was our first time in Denver, so we wanted to be sure there wouldn't be bad surprises after our arrival. We even told the owner that our flight was planned to land on the evening and she said there were no problem at all, that they would wait for us. (Let me laugh!)
After a weird taxi trip (the driver, obviously, didn't know the city that well, and even not how to accept a VISA card...), we finally arrived at the Holiday Chalet. We guess we don't have to say that we were extenuated after a 6 hours trip.
At the front desk, a young woman told us that she was not able to give us OUR room because they rented it. It was only 6 pm!
2. LYING AT THE HOLIDAY CHALET
We called the owner. On the phone, she first began to tell us that we didn't make the reservation the right way. We had to show the confirmation email SHE sent us before she understood it was her mistake.
Finally, she offered us a small bedroom (let's say a storage room) without shower and toilet, saying every other room was booked. She told us that we couldn't take a shower, but that there were a toilet near the kitchen.
That night, we noticed that there were a huge room next to ours with toilet and shower not rented at all (We washed ourselves there...)
Why couldn't she just rent us that room? Because we paid for a cheaper room? It was the least she could do after all that stress...
3. THE HOLIDAY CHALET'S BAD BREAKFASTS
Yes, we know, Denver is in the US, but you can eat well in the US too... We've often sleep in B&B and it was the worst breakfast we ever had. Ever. Aunt Jemima pancakes, that is all I can remember.
Afterwards, we just left as fast as we could from that nightmare inn!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is a fully-restored Victorian, brownstone mansion originally built in 1896 for prominent Denver jeweler Henry Bohm of Bohm Jewelers. Elegant period décor along with high ceilings, hardwood floors, intricate moldings, private baths and kitchens make us Denver's most alluring and comfortable bed and breakfast. From our eclectic Capitol Hill location visitors enjoy Denver's best sight-seeing, shopping, music, art, and nightlife all within minutes of our front door-the neighborhood described in the Jack Kerouac classic, On the Road. The Holiday Chalet enjoys the benefit of an exciting, high-energy central location within the vibrant heart of the city amid an eclectic mixture of shops, restaurants, and entertainment venues. The creative spirit in our neighborhood appeals to artists, architects, designers, writers and musicians alike. However, enveloping warmth, charm, comfort, and security within the hotel also make The Holiday Chalet a convenient home away from home for business and leisure travelers alike. As a Bed and Breakfast we begin each morning in true style with a full, home-cooked breakfast served from 7:30 to 10:00 am. A variety of delicious homemade offerings are made fresh including Cowboy pancakes, crustless veggie or bacon quiche, French toast, eggs and bacon, fresh fruits, juice, tea, and premium coffee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Chalet reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Chalet Hotel Denver