“Comfortable and Well located”

Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek
Ranked #32 of 160 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Hotel was well-kept and room was clean. Sparely furnished but certainly adequate. Location is not very close to Cherry Creek Mall or downtown Denver but it is easy to get everywhere and there are many franchise restaurants and grocery stores close by as well as Starbucks, Barnes & Noble, etc. Breakfast bar had a good number of choices and was regularly replenished. Lighting in rooms is too florescent and kind of ugly - should replace with the softer, more incandescent type of CFLs. Only one phone by the desk, no phone next to bed, but it is cordless so can be moved by the bed for your wake-up call. Seemed to be very pet-friendly (although we did not have a dog with us.) Nice amount of seating in the lobby and computer area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room high and on the west side of the building. Although it faces busy Colorado Ave. ther...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
sean k, Manager at Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Thank you for your review of our hotel and are pleased to here you had a good stay with us. We hope to be of service to you again in the future. We will also take into account your comments on the lighting in the rooms.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

So, while I was impressed with the lobby area refurbish they clearly did recently, the very modern feel had a somewhat confusing layout. The Lobby desk was very cluttered underneath, which you can see from many angles, and the work station does not seem to be laid out to make it easy for the staff to do their job comfortably and efficiently. I appreciated the very large breakfast each morning, but when ordering food in the evening at the hotel, it is NOT room service. You must go all the way down to the lobby and pick it up yourself, which is the last thing I want to do after a long day. I was not impressed with this.
The room was sufficient, however, it was sufficient for the reduced price I was able to get. I would not feel it worth the regular rate at all as the room already had a very worn look to it. Some small things were annoying (I found a pack of cigarettes on the shelf in my closet 'hidden' under the extra blanket I pulled out to use; there was no lotion in the room my first night/day), but overall the amenities were good. I used the medium sized workout 'center' daily. I did appreciate the disposable headphones (not comfortable to use, but nice that they were offered) and cleanliness there. I never rant into a problem of it being too busy that there wasn't something open to use.
The front desk staff always seemed helpful, but there were times when it took them a minute or two before they interrupted their own conversation to assist me with coffee or a question.
So, hence the title, it was 50/50 for me. I am glad I paid a discounted rate. I was grateful for the breakfast daily, and the workouts in the morning. I did not love the feeling of the neighborhood and parking lot, especially at night, but it was close proximity to shopping, restaurants, and the highway. I would stay again, but only at the same rate or below what I paid. Not the rate listed on the site.

Room Tip: If you can, get a view facing west on a high floor (10 or 11) so that you can see the mountains. The...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I apologize that parts of our hotel and staff were not above par. As far as your comment on staff we will go over customer service standards on assisting the guest A.S.A.P. Unfortunately The room service is a Hyatt Place standard, so you will find this at any Hyatt Place you stay at, if you are looking for room service you will find this at other Hyatt's like the Regency and the Grand. Thank you again Sir, your comments are very helpful and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Free Breakfast Great
Bar at night was very slow. No excitement.
No pool.
Misleading as it is Not in Cherry Creek, but close.
Noisy in the hallways to bad they couldn't get that much noise in the bar. No music in bar. Boring.
No smoking not even weed.
Very clean.

Room Tip: Choose a room downtown Denver not here to boring.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for your comments on our hotel. Unfortunately even if the hotel allowed you to smoke in the room it would still be against Colorado state law to smoke in any public establishment. I agree it is occasionally slow at our bar but most weekends it is very busy. I apologize that there was no music there should have been, we will look into this. Thank you again.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

I am a hospitably student from the University of Denver. For my class a group of students and I were required to review a hotel. This hotel was average. The front desk agent made no effort to make us feel welcome as we entered the hotel. Once we entered our room we found a large stain on one of the queen size pillows. When we ordered towels for our room it took over an hour before they came. However the breakfast was great as always and the staff took pride in keeping the buffet clean. Over all the stay was average if not a little below.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for your review of our hotel and we appreciate you taking the time to share so that we can improve the guest experience at our establishment. We have gone over this issue with our housekeepers and they know to keep a better eye out, also all of our laundry will be done in house so we will have to sets of eyes looking for those errors. Our front desk agents have also been retrained on basic duties such as greeting guest with a smile and making the guest feel welcome. Again thank you for your critique.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

I recently stayed at the Hyatt Place for the weekend. Overall, it isn't bad, however, it isn't exactly spectacular either. The front desk agent was fairly lackluster in greeting and there was a large stain on my pillow. As well, when I asked for extra towels, it took an hour and a half to get to my room. However, most of the staff was fairly friendly and the breakfast was absolutely wonderful and everything was pretty efficient, besides the towel situation.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

I apologize for your stay being less than par. The stained pillow case is unacceptable and we will talk to our housekeepers about being more thorough when cleaning. I also apologize that you waited an over an hour to receive towels we will go over ways to be more efficient in getting requested items to guests. We will also talk with our front desk agents about having a good attitude when at the hotel.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

I am a hospitality student at the University of Denver, and recently did a service evaluation report at this property. Overall the room and hotel was very cleanly and comfortable, but the front dest agents were not as friendly as they should have been. Upon entering the hotel I was not greeted by the GSA, but rather had to greet them myself. I was locked out of my room without my ID at one point, and went to the front desk to get keys reissued, and was only asked my name and room number in order to get my keys reissued, this is an extreme danger and liability for the hotel. The highlight of this hotel is the breakfast, and comfort of the rooms.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

I'm sorry to here that our front desk agents neglected to greet you, you are right this is a basic duty of a front desk agent and we will be going over this with all of them. We will also go over guest security procedures with them to make sure our guests feel safe when staying with us. Thank you for taking the time to review us so we can improve our service.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

Almost all of my Hyatt Place experiences have been at the 5- or 6-story hotels in suburban or airport locations. This hotel used to be a Loews, and is a bit different. First, it is a high-rise. Second, the rooms don't have the usual Hyatt Place footprint. There is no room divider, but my room had a nice seating area with a good view.

Like the typical Hyatt Place, there is the bar/bistro area as well as the breakfast buffet.

As others have mentioned, you can hear a lot from other rooms. Bring earplugs if you're a light sleeper, and you will be OK.

Overall, this is a very good hotel, especially if you need to be in the Cherry Creek/Glendale/University area.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Happy to here that you enjoyed your stay with us and we appreciate your review of the hotel and its amenities. Hope to see you again in the future.