“Good Breakfast, Good location”

Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek
Ranked #32 of 157 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersBronze level
Province of San Jose, Costa Rica
“Good Breakfast, Good location”
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights, I really enjoyed the breakfast, it was more than what I was expecting. Overall, the hotel is very clean, the look and feel of the rooms is very nice. Modern, stylish yet very comfortable.
Location is great, in 5 minutes or less you can arrive to the Cherry Creek mall, there is a Best Buy 10 min away; and lots of restaurants nearby.
Walls are little thin, and apparently you can hear the noise from the next room. Next morning, the guest from the other room complaint to us that we were too loud.... I was a little confused because we were not making noises; we were just accomodating our shopping and preparing ourselves to drive to the mountain next day..... we were tired, we could barely talk, but apparently the next room noticed we were up and it was unpleasant for them.
So that's the only observation, although the complaint was not on my side.

I am happy that my wife chose this hotel, it was a great experience from all angles: price, location, comfort. I would stay here again for sure.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Chino-viajero

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Mill Valley,CA
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Everything that they say about the noise issue...its true. I am in the hotel now, listening to people having sex on one side of me, and a baby crying on the other. It's 8PM so I'm not going to freak out, err, complain yet, but if this continues into the night I will have to. Fortunately, because I read the reviews, I came prepared with earplugs. Other than the noise issue, the room has a pleasing decor and is very nice overall for what it is.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank nikaMillValley_CA
sean k, Manager at Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Dear valued guest,
We apologize for the noise from the neighboring rooms. We have done some soundproofing on the rooms doors. Please do not ever be afraid to ask any of the staff to deal with noisy neighbors. We want everyone to have a pleasant stay with us. We want to do everything we can to make your stay tranquil and peaceful. Hope to see you again soon.
Bainbridge Island, Washington
Reviewed January 24, 2014

We stayed one night in mid-January 2014. No problem with noises reported elsewhere - we were on an upper floor. Nice to see the Wall Street Journal by the door in the morning instead of McPaper. Good coffee and Tazo tea for breakfast, with a nice buffet selection of hot and cold items including fresh grapefruit. Definitely exceeded my expectations.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor room with a mountain view.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank MichaelJKelly
Silt, Colorado
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Really nice hotel. We got a good deal online for 69 bucks a night. We stayed January 10th and 11th. Staff was very friendly and food was good too. Only issue we had, which I also saw on a couple other reviews, was the noise issue. We stayed in a single King room on the 3rd floor. They guy next door was on the phone, and his phone was on speaker phone. We could hear the whole conversation as if he was sitting right next to us. This was at 10 or so at night. Next morning bright and early he was back on the phone with his wife. We heard all about his business dinner the night before. Other than that, we were very happy with it. Super comfy bed and pillows as well.

Location was great access to light rail and major highways.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk if they have any rooms with thicker walls!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gnatboy911
sean k, Manager at Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback on the noise of the rooms. You are helping us to improve the hotel not only for you but for other guest staying as well. This seems to be a big problem with the connecting rooms which we believe we have found a couple of solutions too. Thank you again and hope you stay with us again soon.
San Rafael, California
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Hyatt took a comfortable dog family and business friendly hotel and turned it into a cold uncomfortable modern place to stay. They fired the wonderful bartender, that worked there for many years. The bar was changed to a coffee/ bar with no choice of liquor. The decor was ridiculous unless u like prison decor. We were given a " suite" for four, which was a one bedroom without a door from the bedroom to the sitting room, the furniture of which made no sense at all and when we were changing rooms due to the fact we had four people, a knock on the door revealed they had booked two parties into the same room. Whoops what a mistake. Bring the old hotel back, you have lost my business.:(

Room Tip: Choose someplace else.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank redmed
Sun Valley, Idaho
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I believe that this was the Loews hotel before which was in need of an upgrade. Hyatt has done a nice job and it seemed like nearly every item in the hotel room and lobby was new, i.e. wall coverings, furniture, bathroom, etc. This made is a very refreshing stay. Highlights were the 42" TV, nice sofa, and new bed/pillows.

One review noted the noise and I could see where this could be the case given the age of the building but the hotel was not very busy and we were on "normal" hours so it was not an issue. Breakfast was quite nice and seemed to me to be a cut above those offered by similar chains like the Hilton Garden, Hampton, HI Express, etc. I often stay at the Hyatt Tech Center which is a great full-service hotel just a few miles away but will not hesitate to stay here for a quick stay in the future.

Service was solid Hyatt quality although certainly not over staffed. If you want pampering to the Hyatt Tech Center.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 8th floor "view" double queen, unfortunately it was snowy so no view of t...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your positive and constructive feed back regarding the hotel. We have taken steps to make stays more quite in the hotel and looking into more ways to prevent disruption between guest rooms. We hope to see you again soon.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Overall I was very happy with this hotel and the price is most reasonable. The room itself was clean and was tidied every day. Cleaners are not on the premises at all times which is not a problem if you do not need them after hours. Unfortunately we did which meant that the front desk staff had to come and clean up a problem we had with the plumbing. The reception area floor also got dirty very quickly due to the snowy whether and was only cleaned when the cleaners came on duty again. This is not a massive problem for me as I do not hang out in hotel lobbies. The room itself was big, modern, clean and warm and I was most comfortable. The breakfast was certainly adequate for what one paid for the room. I would recommend this hotel as it is in a very convenient location in Cherry Creek and a 15 minute drive to downtown.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denver
Stapleton
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver

Been to Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek? Share your experiences!