“Valentine Day Delight”
Review of D Bar Denver

D Bar Denver
Reserve with OpenTable
D Bar Denver is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 3,255 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Description: Located in Uptown, just a short walk from the Convention Center and the 16th Street Mall, D Bar Denver is fun dining at it's finest. Food Network Celebrity Chef Keegan Gerhard and his team bring you seasonally inspired upscale comfort food and award winning desserts. Immerse yourself in the culinary sanctuary we call D Bar. The d in D Bar stands for drinks, dining, and dessert. Drinks - Whether it's our fresh roasted Allegro coffee, hand spun milkshakes, world famous vanilla bean lemonade or our custom cocktails, craft beers and thoughtfully selected wines, D Bar is sure to quench even the most discerning thirsts. Dining - Keegan and Lisa's passion for food and travel bring you breakfast, lunch, dinner and brunch menus showcasing food you know done well with a twist. Dessert - D Bar is the home of Denver's favorite desserts. Grab a treat out of the pastry case, order a custom cake for that special occasion or cozy up to the dessert bar where it's prime seating as you watch talented pastry chefs create imaginative plated desserts right before your very eyes. Dessert - it's kind of our thing ya know!
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Ever since moving to Denver I wanted to try the D Bar. Partly for the Food Network star appeal and partly because it just sounded so amazing. After trying it this past Valentine's Day, I'm a fan for life and have been actively persuading everyone I know to give it a try.

The food is amazing, and while the interior is crowded and the boyfriend and I had a been of a small wait, it was definitely worth it. Both the sweet and savory is to die for! For example, I'm not really a big bacon fan, but the date and bacon app I had before my delicious pesto pasta showed up was simply amazing. Washing it all down with a fantastic glass (okay, two) of moscato only took the cake--which was gooey and chocolatey and sinfully decadent. My boyfriend, who is hard to please stated it "wasn't bad," which coming from him is about as a good as a five star review.

My advice? Try and it see for yourself. Yes, there may be a wait as the interior is small, but so far in the whole of Denver it's the only restaurant I would adamantly vouch for its deliciousness. I can honestly say it's a gem.

1  Thank Danielle M
ChefKeegan, Owner at D Bar Denver, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Hi Danielle! Wow a gem, that is such a great compliment! Valentine's is so fun for us because it's one of the only times we take reservations. We appreciate you sticking out the wait and giving the advice for others. We hope to serve you soon and see you at our next reservation only event as well :)

Cheers!

Reviewed April 17, 2013

I love d Bar. Having been here several times, I have never had a bad experience. It's hard to see how anyone would tire of this small gem of a place. The owner is very friendly and can often times be found handing out samples of Hot Chocolate and meeting patrons. Everything on the menu is delicious and, they have great parings of wine and martinis. This is a must have experience.

Hi Jeff. Thanks so very much for your review. We love that you would call us a favorite place in Denver as there are so many wonderful places. We appreciate the recommendation to others and look forward to serving you on many more occasions!

Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

The place has a cool atmosphere and nice concept, but they are missing some pieces. Do not order the sliders or the pork sliders unless you want to pay $11 for a plate portioned for a baby. The sliders make White Castle look like double quarter pounders with cheese and their fries make McDonald's happy meal fries look like XXL fries. Seriously I thought it was a joke when they brought my plate out with how small it was.

It is a must to ask the servers what they recommend because of the sizes/quality fluctuations on their menu. Desserts are excellent and service is below average (no tempo given the size of the place. With it being so small, the servers should make more of an effort to flip tables quicker so the wait isn't an hour at all times).

1  Thank EGS10
ChefKeegan, Owner at D Bar Denver, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Hi EGS10! Thanks so much for your feedback, we really appreciate you taking the time to provide a review. So sorry D Bar was not the five star service we are always striving for. The servers should be providing recommendations and details on the menu so for that we apologize and will remind the staff to do so. It often varies in response because while the sliders are small, we often get comments about how filling they turn out to be. None the less, more information is better! While we do try and get people sat as quickly as possible we also have to find the balance of not rushing their experience with us. We do appreciate your feedback and are always striving to be better. Thanks again and we do hope to serve you soon.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Took my mom here for a very special birthday dinner and dessert. Parking is a challenge,especially when it is snowy and the only place to park is on the street. Be very careful. Not a lot of seating. Waitress acted like it was a pain to seat and serve us. We had chicken and waffles and a sandwich. It was okay .Nothing great. Dessert was alright as well. Nothing you could not make at home. Very pricey for what you get.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Great food, EXCELLENT dessert. Their custom order cakes and cookies are wonderful, too. A little pricey but definitely worth it.