“Average Food Terrible Service”
Review of Mad Greens

Mad Greens
Ranked #118 of 3,084 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: Healthy, Soups
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: MAD Greens - Eat Better is a fast-casual Denver based salad based concept that serves fresh MAD Designed Salads, Wraps, Soups and Paninis. Fresh, Healthy food for the whole family to enjoy. Catering and group order options available too.
Reviewed March 1, 2013

This branch of the chain is located across from the Denver Art Museum in a convenient location for art museum patrons. Menu offers a variety of salads and panini with some soups. I ordered a cob salad variation (the Ty Cobb) while my wife ordered a conspicuously advertised "winter special" combination of potato soup and quinoa salad. The salads are prepared individually as you make your way down the salad line. Although we were not there at a busy time the line was slow. When we got to the end of the line to pay we were told that the winter special wasn't ready yet (even though both of these items are prepared in advance). We were given a numbered tab for the table and told the winter special would be brought to the table. Waited and waited as an occasional panini came out but 20 minutes later still no winter special. When we asked at the register we received a rather indifferent reply that someone must have overlooked the order. We got a refund for the failed order and left. In general the staff wasn't motivated or showing any interest in customer service. The Ty Cobb was OK but nothing special. There are a number of better places to eat in this area.

There are newer reviews for Mad Greens

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I am here for a conference and have no interest in eating conference food or at some of the hamburger chain places nearby. Luckily, I saw this place while walking on my first day here. I've gone there everyday for lunch so far and tried a different salad. I am hooked. Everything is fresh and the staff is friendly. It's a winner.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Mad Greens is a popular family restaurant right across from the Denver Art Museum making it a quick, convenient place for lunch when you are visiting the museum for the day. They serve fresh salads and paninis with some fun combinations and mix ins.

Be prepared for crowds during the popular art exhibits. If you are visiting with children, you might want to try to eat early to shorten your wait in line and make finding a table easier.

Another suggestion is to look at the menu on-line, it is extensive and the line moves fast. Salads are made for you as you move down the line but paninis are made and later brought to your table; if it is busy, go for the salads. Lots of child friendly options and you are able to customize things as they make right in front of you. Be aware the salad servings are large, split a salad with someone and indulge in a specialty coffee drink at the coffee bar, we had cocoa.

They do a great job of marking gluten free options on their signs and menus and even have gluten free soup! I had the clam chowder and it was very good, thick and flavorful.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I remember a few early QCR/QSR restaurant operators who were talking about doing some kind of made-to-go salad place in the 90's. I never heard much about it until MAD Greens came to Colo in the early 2000's. It's everything you would expect from a salad bar and much more. You can pick a salad recipe or build one yourself. You do the choosing and they do the building and mixing for you. Along with panini's and great soups, they seem to have a great selection for every healthy salad mood you may be in.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Clam chowder good though I had to wait for my cup while my husband was given his bowl and salad. I asked for soup but was told I couldn't have it until my sandwich was ready so I ended up eating his soup.

Been to Mad Greens? Share your experiences!