“Found out pigs DO fly!”
Review of The Berkshire

The Berkshire
Reserve with OpenTable
The Berkshire is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #104 of 3,147 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Stapleton
Cross street: 29th and Quebec
Description: The Berkshire, located in Denver, CO on Stapleton's main drag, serves fresh and inventive dishes centered around pork and bacon. In a location heavily populated with chains, this family-owned restaurant serves unique meals from scratch in a casual and trendy environment. Some popular meals include our bacon plate and pork tenderloin which is served with house made bacon jam and roasted cauliflower. While the dishes represent American cuisine-heavy on the pig-The Berkshire does serve lighter fare as well as vegetarian dishes. In addition to serving up heaping portions of pig, we also take pride in our creative cocktails. We have a fully stocked bar and draft beers, insuring you will find the perfect drink to accompany your porky dish. The Berkshire hosts weekly drink specials and happy hours, giving you a reason to celebrate any day of the week! The Berkshire is a great place for parties and corporate events. Our "Pig Pen" is a full private dining room that seats up to 40 guests in a warm and inviting atmosphere. "The Pigs Stye", a semi-private area, is also available for booking and seats up to 18 guests, or has standing room for 25 guests. Whether you are hosting an event, or just wanting to celebrate with a group of friends because it's Wednesday and you're craving bacon, stop by The Berkshire and let us show you just how much we love pig!
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Visited the Berkshire in Denver tonight and it was great! The pork wings were so tender, the bacon wrapped jalapenos with cream cheese were so yummy and the house fried dill pickle spears were just perfect! My friends had the ahi tuna salad and the filet with the wild boar hash and diced sweet potato. We all shared the pork wings and jalapenos and highly recommend all the dishes we had this evening!

Can't wait to go back!

3  Thank ChiTown_Judy

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We were late for our reservation, but that didn't bother them and we got a table inside so we could watch the Bruins on the TVs. Waitress (with the black bouffont hairdo) was knowledgeable, friendly and super attentive. One of those waitresses who doesn't write anything down when you order. Dishes are unique, and we were all pleased with taste and portions. Atmosphere is casual and appropriately lighted (a challenge to my 49 year old eyes). Back ground music was Motown, and the whole vibe is just cool and fun. We would definitely return.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Food was very good I had a filet and they were helpful with special request. Place was packed on a Wednesday night and it took about one hour to get the meal

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We visited The Berkshire for the first time last week. Four of us got together for drinks and dinner and the experience was great. We had reservations for 8:00 on a Friday night and our table was ready when we got there. The staff greeted us warmly, made great recommendations, took our orders in a timely manner and provided great service throughout the evening. We started out sharing orders of the bacon flight, pork wings and jalapeño appetizers. Not a loser in the bunch! I liked the pork "wings" the best with the great Asian sauce. The pork almost fell off the bone. We followed those up with the pork burger, pulled pork, pork tenderloin and wild game burger. They were all prepared perfectly and my favorite was the pork tenderloin - seasoned just right, cooked to a perfect moist finish and very tender. We capped the evening sharing the sticky toffee cake with rum sauce and crisp bacon bits. I've not mixed bacon and cake before, but learned they can be a great combination. Definitely give it a try. The food, service and atmosphere were all very good. The only downside, if there is one is the acoustics. It can be a little loud, but that is overshadowed by everything else.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I visited this restaurant while on a recent get- away to Denver. I had booked us into a hotel in the Stapleton neighborhood, and on Saturday it snowed HARD. I wanted to find a place close to the hotel so as to avoid slipping and sliding around Denver in the car. Based on the recent reviews we gave the Berkshire a try.
My husband had a very well prepared steak dinner special that was presented with a big pile of sweet potato/bacon hash. I had a flatbread that included prosicutto and arugula. Everything was prepared perfectly, but we both felt that we had not experienced the full range of pork possibilities. I had noticed that they served brunch on weekends, so we came back the following morning!
We had a bacon sampler, my husband had the the capt. crunch french toast, and I had a yummy benedict with chipotle holandase on the side. My husband was driving, so I indulged in the bottomless mimosas!