“Pork Lover's Paradise”
Review of The Berkshire

The Berkshire
Reserve with OpenTable
The Berkshire is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #139 of 3,123 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Stapleton
Cross street: 29th and Quebec
Description: The Berkshire, located in Denver, CO on Stapleton's main drag, serves fresh and inventive dishes centered around pork and bacon. In a location heavily populated with chains, this family-owned restaurant serves unique meals from scratch in a casual and trendy environment. Some popular meals include our bacon plate and pork tenderloin which is served with house made bacon jam and roasted cauliflower. While the dishes represent American cuisine-heavy on the pig-The Berkshire does serve lighter fare as well as vegetarian dishes. In addition to serving up heaping portions of pig, we also take pride in our creative cocktails. We have a fully stocked bar and draft beers, insuring you will find the perfect drink to accompany your porky dish. The Berkshire hosts weekly drink specials and happy hours, giving you a reason to celebrate any day of the week! The Berkshire is a great place for parties and corporate events. Our "Pig Pen" is a full private dining room that seats up to 40 guests in a warm and inviting atmosphere. "The Pigs Stye", a semi-private area, is also available for booking and seats up to 18 guests, or has standing room for 25 guests. Whether you are hosting an event, or just wanting to celebrate with a group of friends because it's Wednesday and you're craving bacon, stop by The Berkshire and let us show you just how much we love pig!
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We visited The Berkshire for the first time last week. Four of us got together for drinks and dinner and the experience was great. We had reservations for 8:00 on a Friday night and our table was ready when we got there. The staff greeted us warmly, made great recommendations, took our orders in a timely manner and provided great service throughout the evening. We started out sharing orders of the bacon flight, pork wings and jalapeño appetizers. Not a loser in the bunch! I liked the pork "wings" the best with the great Asian sauce. The pork almost fell off the bone. We followed those up with the pork burger, pulled pork, pork tenderloin and wild game burger. They were all prepared perfectly and my favorite was the pork tenderloin - seasoned just right, cooked to a perfect moist finish and very tender. We capped the evening sharing the sticky toffee cake with rum sauce and crisp bacon bits. I've not mixed bacon and cake before, but learned they can be a great combination. Definitely give it a try. The food, service and atmosphere were all very good. The only downside, if there is one is the acoustics. It can be a little loud, but that is overshadowed by everything else.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I visited this restaurant while on a recent get- away to Denver. I had booked us into a hotel in the Stapleton neighborhood, and on Saturday it snowed HARD. I wanted to find a place close to the hotel so as to avoid slipping and sliding around Denver in the car. Based on the recent reviews we gave the Berkshire a try.
My husband had a very well prepared steak dinner special that was presented with a big pile of sweet potato/bacon hash. I had a flatbread that included prosicutto and arugula. Everything was prepared perfectly, but we both felt that we had not experienced the full range of pork possibilities. I had noticed that they served brunch on weekends, so we came back the following morning!
We had a bacon sampler, my husband had the the capt. crunch french toast, and I had a yummy benedict with chipotle holandase on the side. My husband was driving, so I indulged in the bottomless mimosas!

Reviewed March 30, 2013

We have been here a couple of times now. Always receive great service, food is decent, and the drink specials is where it's at. This bar really gets the fact that they are located in Stapleton, and prices items fairly, unlike other bars in the area....i.e. Casey's.

We will definitely be coming back!

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I recently had the priviledge to dine at The Berkshire with family and I was throughly impressed! First, let me tell you that you MUST try a Moscow Mule (a cocktail served in a copper mug) but be careful I think they can be addictive! Delicious!!
We started our meal with the "Bacon Sampler" which was outstanding, imagine a selcection of delicious, thickly sliced, hickory smoked bacon which was seasoned-4 different ways.
I ordered "The King" sandwich for my entree. It's the famous sandwich that Elvis Presley used to fly to Colorado for. It was made of peanut butter, carmelized banana slices and that delicious bacon grilled on Hawaiian bread with a side of delicious, crisp sweet potato fries. I loved every bite of it. My husband and son had two other bacon-laced entrees, but I was too wrapped up in my meal to pay much attention to theirs.
I was too full to order any of the bacon-laced desserts but my daughter-in-law told me about the bacon cheesecake she had ordered at an earlier visit to The Berkshire and it sounded fabulous.
I would whole-heartedly recommend this restaurant for a great meal, even for non-bacon eaters.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

This is a temple to pork and all its delicious incarnations!

Everything we had was fabulous and probably "wrong" but SO delicious!! My wife had Captain Crunch French Toast with eggs and home fries. While she didn't come close to finishing it, she loved every bite of crunchy goodness. Not to be outdone, I ordered the Homer Simpson Genius Burger with fried egg and tater tots. OMG! DELICIOUS!! Homer would be so proud!! I loved every bite but I could hear my doctors groaning each time I swallowed. Sorry guys, deal with it!

The restaurant is new and attractive and the service was great. While this is probably not a spot to enjoy every day, you'll wish you could. Even if you don't get to Denver to try it, check out their menu at http://www.theberkshirerestaurant.com/ and what you are missing.

Next time we are in Denver, we'll be back for Round 2!! They've got some mac and cheese that's been calling me!

Been to The Berkshire? Share your experiences!