“"If you don't like bacon, you're wrong"..................”
Review of The Berkshire

The Berkshire
Reserve with OpenTable
The Berkshire is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #143 of 3,016 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Stapleton
Cross street: 29th and Quebec
Description: The Berkshire, located in Denver, CO on Stapleton's main drag, serves fresh and inventive dishes centered around pork and bacon. In a location heavily populated with chains, this family-owned restaurant serves unique meals from scratch in a casual and trendy environment. Some popular meals include our bacon plate and pork tenderloin which is served with house made bacon jam and roasted cauliflower. While the dishes represent American cuisine-heavy on the pig-The Berkshire does serve lighter fare as well as vegetarian dishes. In addition to serving up heaping portions of pig, we also take pride in our creative cocktails. We have a fully stocked bar and draft beers, insuring you will find the perfect drink to accompany your porky dish. The Berkshire hosts weekly drink specials and happy hours, giving you a reason to celebrate any day of the week! The Berkshire is a great place for parties and corporate events. Our "Pig Pen" is a full private dining room that seats up to 40 guests in a warm and inviting atmosphere. "The Pigs Stye", a semi-private area, is also available for booking and seats up to 18 guests, or has standing room for 25 guests. Whether you are hosting an event, or just wanting to celebrate with a group of friends because it's Wednesday and you're craving bacon, stop by The Berkshire and let us show you just how much we love pig!
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“"If you don't like bacon, you're wrong"..................”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

This is a temple to pork and all its delicious incarnations!

Everything we had was fabulous and probably "wrong" but SO delicious!! My wife had Captain Crunch French Toast with eggs and home fries. While she didn't come close to finishing it, she loved every bite of crunchy goodness. Not to be outdone, I ordered the Homer Simpson Genius Burger with fried egg and tater tots. OMG! DELICIOUS!! Homer would be so proud!! I loved every bite but I could hear my doctors groaning each time I swallowed. Sorry guys, deal with it!

The restaurant is new and attractive and the service was great. While this is probably not a spot to enjoy every day, you'll wish you could. Even if you don't get to Denver to try it, check out their menu at http://www.theberkshirerestaurant.com/ and what you are missing.

Next time we are in Denver, we'll be back for Round 2!! They've got some mac and cheese that's been calling me!

• Visited February 2013

Dublin, Ireland
“yum yum yum”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I went here with my mom and brother and everyone left full and happy. The server was super friendly and offered many suggestions. As expected the bacon was awesome! My mom had "the king" and it was a surprising delight. My jalapeno cream cheese burger was delicious and the bacon and egg on it was perfect. I also thought the atmosphere was very pleasant. All in all great.

• Visited February 2013
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Great experience”
Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

I had dinner with a colleague and loved it! Great food, good beer, and it seemed like a place I'd want to come back with friends.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“"Swine, wine, and dine"?”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

What a disapointment! With a slogan like that one would expect a lot more pork than what they had to offer!

This is most certainly a place where you want to take an ugly date! This place is so dark that we actually had to rely on the street lights from outside to read the menu.

Feel the food was not a bargain for those prices. Waiter was off base when asking people what they want while they are still glancing at the meny and ignoring others who were ready to order.

• Visited January 2013
Denver
“The pork is delicious!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

A group of us headed to The Berkshire last night for our holiday book club dinner and it was absolutely terrific. From the moment we walked in, the service was top-notch. We were seated quickly and our waiter never left any of us wanting for anything. Additionally, the manger came over mid-meal just to check on us and get our feedback on the dishes.

The food was beyond good. We started with the Firecracker Shrimp and I highly recommend it. Really nicely prepared with a great sweet/savory combo going on. While the app was great, I sort of blew it on the entrée. You see, I have this thing where I like to order something different than everyone else at the table. I know it’s dumb and there’s absolutely no reason for this, but I still do it. So while most of our group ordered a pork dish, yours truly went with the roasted chicken risotto. Don’t get me wrong, it was good – the risotto was cooked well and the chicken was super tasty. There was some bacon and mushrooms thrown in for texture and overall I was really happy with the dish. Then I tried a bit of the Berkshire pork tenderloin and the Berkshire pork chop and I realized how much happier I *could* have been. Both were out-of-this-world good. A few people also had the pulled pork sandwich and though I didn’t taste it, it looked fabulous.

This place is great – awesome service and really good food. Nice atmosphere too. But take my advice – go with the pork. When a restaurant is known for a particular dish or cuisine – get it. Lesson learned!

• Visited December 2012