“We loved this hotel!”

Ranked #42 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“We loved this hotel!”
Reviewed June 23, 2007

We researched the reviews for Denver area hotels and this hotel seemed to be a favorite. Although it was sold out on several travel sites and not available on Priceline, I took a chance and called the hotel directly, The rate was less than online ($79/night)! The website advertised a "Bass Pro Shop" rate that is available to anyone -great bargain. We upgraded to the concierge level for $15/night for Wed and Thurs to get the hot breakfast, snacks at 5:30 and deserts later on. For a family of 4, this definitely was a time/money saver and we didn't have to leave the hotel to eat breakfast. NOTE: I wouldn't recommend this for Friday night or weekends since food/snacks not available. Another plus - refrigerator in the room and free internet access (hi speed in room, free wi fi in lobby). Location was great - easy access to I 70, Coors Ballpark, Waterworld etc.
Rooms were large, beds were great, and all the staff we encountered were extremely nice, especially to our children. They have games in the lobby if you want to borrow them, a pool (both indoor and outdoor) and a fitness room. Food from the restaurant was good and reasonably priced. Although we originally tried to stay downtown (rooms were $190 and up), I'm glad we stayed here! Would definitely stay again.

Stayed June 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (421)
Denver
Reviewed June 23, 2007

I used the renaissance website to view and book my room. After arriving at the hotel we were promptly checked in to find out that the renovations which were advertised will not even be started until Dec '07. Our room looked nothing like the website pictures. It was straight out of 1983. I called the front desk and asked if we could be moved to room we booked online. After being transferred to a manager and informed that the website photo was a rendering of what a future room would look like I asked to be checked out at no charge. They did check us out but the hold that they put on my credit card will not be refunded for several weeks. This hotel in its current state is not worth the price.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank lauriemarie
Liberty, Missouri
Reviewed June 16, 2007

I have stayed at this property many times over the years because it is well-located close to I-70. This makes it convenient for travel up to the ski mountains and for business travel, provided you have a car and are not intimidated by driving around Denver. On my last stay I noticed more than ever that the hotel can use some freshening up. Maintenence and visual appeal seem to have slipped.

Part of the problem, I suspect, is that over the past few visits I have noticed the hotel seems to cater to large groups--and often they are groups of kids and teens. They can be very hard on hotel properties.

Those not familiar with Denver need to know that this hotel is not all that close to Denver International Airport, even though it may be advertised as an airport hotel. It is across the street from the location of the old Stapleton Airport, but that is a good 20 minutes away. It's about halfway between DIA and Downtown Denver and probably about halfway between DIA and the Cherry Creek area. The hotel does offer shuttle services to and from DIA, so that makes it a little more convenient for those looking for "airport accomodations." But there are better (if more expensive) hotels closer to DIA .

On the plus side, the rooms are nice and large. The double queens have space galore and plenty of room to work. The hotel is well set up for business travelers, with the typical range of business services you would expect at a hotel catering to business travelers. The front desk and staff are helpful. The hotel has an on-site restaurant and bar and a business center.

The main reason to stay at this hotel is value. Most of the time, the room rates are very reasonable considering the flag and the facilities. If you can get the rooms at a discount, I think it is worth considering for the price-conscious business traveler. If you have to pay anything close to full price, I would shop around. If they renovate it and stop hosting the youth conventions, that may change the equation.

• Liked — Value
  • Disliked — Needs a little maintenance and maybe a renovation
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
Port Royal, PA
Reviewed June 6, 2007

This hotel is amazing!!! I have stayed there twice in the past month - it is my preferred location while in Denver.

The property is grand...lobby area packed full of special services - gift shop, car rental, resturants, laundry facilities, pool. Roomy living quarters with those amazing beds- comfort plus!!

Closeby are many chain restaurants and a Super Walmart - for everything I forgot at home!

THE BEST PART - THE STAFF!!! They are so professional and willing to do for the customer. I was especially impressed with their high level of training in other areas such as medical emergencies and first aid. They displayed a can do attitude as well as a get it done skill set.

I would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed June 2007
Woodbridge, Virginia
Reviewed May 31, 2007

Check-in was fantastic! Since my flight arrived prior to 1500 I was concerned about whether I could check-in early but this was no problem as the staff let me in the room several hours before standard check-in. The room did not have a refrigerator which I needed for my medication. Once again, the staff had a micro refrig delivered in less than 30 minutes.

Room was standard but the mattress and pillows were soft and very comfortable. Rooms on the west side have an excellent view of the mountains and downtown Denver. Hotel is within walking distance of Walmart and a few popular restaurants (Famous Dave's, Country Buffett). Rooms are interior and open up to a lovely atrium.

Hotel restaurant is a quality establishment, not great but the food is good with several excellent salads. There are several nice waitresses in the restaurant and a few are very pleasing to the eye. The bar is nicely arranged with several billard tables and food service. The bartender was prompt and courteous but she could be a little more chatty. There are wine and beer specials before 1800. The only draft beer selection is Coors (of course) which is a great beer but a wider selection would have been nice.

Fitness center is top-notch for a hotel. There are weights, treadmills, and elliptic equipment plus an indoor pool and sauna.

Concierge, during the day, was very customer service oriented and since I did not have a car, he provide shuttle service to the local establishments. The hotel has a frequent shuttle service to the airport.

Pros:
Great, attentive staff
Ambiance of lounge
Fitness center/pool
Mountain view (west side)

Cons:
Noise level (east side)
Distance to airport is almost 17 miles
Hotel is in an area in transition; retail establishments are being built but some industrial structures are nearby

Recommendations: Ask for room on west side; to see downtown Denver you will need a car as it is some distance away

Would stay here again.

• Liked — Staff
  • Disliked — Distance from downtown
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
denver
Reviewed April 19, 2007

Booked with a group a few weeks ago and we did not even get the rooms we wanted and the sales manger didnt seem to care after our booking. Gee thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Liked — Not much
  • Stayed April 2007
1 Thank DenverK123456
Lenexa Kansas
Reviewed October 14, 2006

This Hotel is Awsome! We were there on a wednesday and stayed till friday. Although it was busy with meetings the pool and the excersize room was nice. If you like great views I would remecomend the west side so you could see the city with the mountains in the background. The east side of the hotel is where you can see nothing but landscape and the DIA (the airport).

• Liked — The great view and the indoor pool
  • Disliked — Over pricey at the gift shop
  • Tips/Secrets — if you need snacks i would go across the street to the wallmart to buy it cheeper
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled on business