“Great Value for a great hotel!”

Renaissance Denver Stapleton Hotel
Ranked #37 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Denver, Colorado
“Great Value for a great hotel!”
Reviewed October 6, 2009

I have to admit I was a little skeptical booking this hotel based on some of the negative reviews. I was in town for a week long business trip and was looking for an affordable nice hotel. The great thing about this hotel was I didn't have to rent a car my entire stay. The shuttle picked me up from the airport for free and took me to the hotel, it was only about a 15 minute drive. The staff was great there, the doorman Mohammed was very helpful and always pleasant. The rooms were great, loved the bed, soooo comfortable. The whole hotel and rooms are very modern and look recently updated with flat screen tv's in the lobby and in all the rooms.

The food at the hotel is decent, although I only ate there a couple of times as there are so many great restaurants nearby. Across the street there is Wal-Mart, Panera, McDonalds, IHOP and more that are very easy to walk to or the hotel will take you. Just 5 minutes away, is a fantastic shopping area, like an outdoor mall. There is plenty of shopping to keep you busy along with great bars and restaurants. My favorite was Ling & Louie's, they have a great happy hour! The hotel will take you and pick you up from that area. There is even a movie theater close by.

I use to live in Denver, so I am familiar with the different areas, this is a great business hotel. I can't tell you how many times I have traveled for business to be stuck with nothing around me eating hotel food all week and watching tv. This was a pleasant surprise!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (416)
Colorado
Reviewed October 4, 2009

This is my first review and I travel often, so that says something in itself. I found the hotel to be in tip top shape.......not a once grand hotel in disrepair....this hotel is meticulously maintained, feels fresh and clean. I ask for a room on a top floor, and yes, i did hear some trains go by, but it would not discourage me from staying there again. HOWEVER, if you are a VERY light sleeper, then you might want to take advisement, but the staff and rooms make up for all, if any, noise. Valencia was especially helpful and so were several of the young ladies that helped me at the front desk. The doorman and concierge were extremely friendly....so uncommon in a large city. I traveled with children and was exceptionally pleased. I did not feel out of place with my children, as quite often happens. The hotel pool (indoor) was a bit too cold to swim in, but i am sure had i mentioned it, they would have remedied that right away...so a non-issue, really. At these rates, you won't regret it. We had a lovely Sunday breakfast buffet at the restaurant. Wonderful omelettes and smoked salmon-high quality all the way around. Even the shampoo and conditioner were Aveda products. You ladies know what i'm talking about! Great stay.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed September 15, 2009

I am currently staying at this hotel and so far, so great. This is a business trip and the us hotel staff has bent over backwards for us.It is an older style with an open center from the lobby up to the 10th floor which promotes sound transmission. It is also 1 block from train tracks. On the other hand, there is a shopping area across the boulevard with a super WalMart,Panera and various other stores

denver
Reviewed September 7, 2009

I stayed at this hotel during sept 4th and 5th, and i had the most horrible experience during my time in the swimming pool area. The security supervisor snapped his fingers at my sibling and yelled at all of us to get out in a rudeful manner. I am very dissapointed that such a nice hotel can have such terrible customer service. I will never recommend this hotel to anybody and will never return again after this experience. I paid to get good treatment during my stay I did not stay for free and be disrespected....The front desk people are rude and need to be trained on how to offer better customer service to the customers that stay and pay to be treated with respect.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
CGRen, Director of Operations at Renaissance Denver Stapleton Hotel, responded to this review, September 17, 2009
We object to this review. The former guest fails to mention that the group they were affiliated with had a large number of unsupervised teens and young adults at our Indoor Pool during the time in question. They were warned multiple times about noise complaints and issues brought up from other hotel guests whom were also trying to enjoy our pool area. Our Managers and Loss Prevention Staff were patient and diligent in allowing the group members to tone down their exuberence and consider the needs of our other guests, which they ultimately failed to do. We were left with no legitimate option but to ask them to leave the Indoor Pool area and close our Indoor Pool 15 minutes early. Naturally, while we want for our guests to enjoy themselves, we cannot allow their enjoyment to come at the expense of our other Hotel guests and unfortunately, this was the case here.
Macedonia, Ohio
Reviewed July 31, 2009

Nice enough hotel - it is a renassiance however very old, location not good for downtown Denver

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank mjmClevOh
Acworth, Georgia
Reviewed July 23, 2009

I stayed at this hotel for several weeks in May for business. The first week I was able to get a high level room because my friend got the Marriott Gold Status. The room was great with flat screen TV and nice bed. But the noise downstairs in the restaurant and the convention people were loud. That does not count the trains crossing nearby in the middle of the night. The following few weeks I stayed in the normal rooms. The noise continued from outside, either from the trains or the air conditioning units outside.
The staff and service are average. My bed usually did not get make (only the sheets and blankets were folded. The pillows were at the same position where I left them). The front desk staff seemed to be more interest in other things then the guests. They were not friendly at all.
Two bright spots were the food (room service) and the concierge staff were very nice.
Overall I will only stay here again if I work nearby.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank AndrewIp
Flagstaff, Arizona
Reviewed June 27, 2009

I stayed here one night because Frontier airlines messed up my flight from Kansas City to Phoenix (don't EVER fly Frontier--they are the WORST airline I've ever dealt with...but that's a different issue). The only thing Frontier did right was put me in this hotel. I got in at 10pm, and had to leave at 5am to catch my flight the next morning, but from what I could experience in those 7 hours, it was a great hotel. Very beautiful lobby/atrium, and the most comfortable hotel bed (maybe even any bed) I've ever slept on. I would purchase one for my own house if I could. Front desk people were nice and sympathetic to a frustrated, late-arriving guest. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area for any reason.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled solo