“Emergency assistance”

Renaissance Denver Stapleton Hotel
Ranked #45 of 158 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed August 24, 2014

We were returning home from a week at the Broadmoor and booked the Renaissance to be closer to the airport as we had a morning flight. The Renaissance chain features modern rooms in smaller settings than the typical Marriott chain. It also provides excellent service for Platinum Marriott customers.

An hour after we were in our room, I got a call from Kenny, the valet, informing me that he noticed that our rental car had a flat tire. I had gotten a warning from the car but the tires looked good upon my inspection. It was around 4 p.m. so I went down to confirm that yes indeedee the rear tire was flat. After calling Hertz and AAA, I determined that the fastest and cheapest way to resolve this was to put on the spare tire myself. I was not familiar with the Ford Explorer's spare tire jack so Kenny summoned three others to help.

Lamont took one look at me and quietly asked if I needed help. At that point, I let him take over and he had the spare on and the flat tire back in the boot in less than 20 minutes. FYI, I think Lamont is in building maintenance. Thank goodness the Renaissance has experienced employees like Lamont in their employ to help guests on the premises.

I thanked Kenny, Mohammed, and Lamont properly and was able to head to the airport the next morning without incident, other than to fill out some required Hertz paperwork.

The remainder of our evening and next morning at the Renaissance was uneventful. Great chain and great people. You don't get this at larger hotels.

Room Tip: Park with valet. It costs an extra $5 but in my case absolutely worth it. They not only kept an ey...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
DenverRenaissance, General Manager at Renaissance Denver Stapleton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2014

We’re so glad to hear that our team was able to get you back on the road without a problem! Our staff always has our guests’ best interests in mind and are always committed to providing great service. We’ll be sure to share your high praise with the staff members you specifically mentioned; they will be happy to learn that they made a difference in your stay. Your compliments for the Renaissance Denver Hotel are greatly appreciated and we hope that you’ll visit us again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Renaissance Denver Stapleton Hotel

Reviewed August 24, 2014

We were held-over in Denver due to travel difficulties with United Airlines. This was the hotel they chose for us; while I only slept here for a few hours, they were pleasant as we checked in at midnight. They accommodated us with toiletries and assisted us with arrangements for morning transportation. My room, on the 10th (and secured) floor overlooked the city although I was never able to see the sunrise over the city skyline. :( My room and bedding was very comfortable and since I had toiletries provided by the hotel, I was able to shower and freshen up before finishing our next-day travel itinerary. I will say that there isn't much near this hotel for entertainment and food, especially for late-night needs; a car or ground transportation ($) would be needed to get anywhere. Why the airport would choose this hotel is a question I have; it is 18 miles from the airport. However, I was very happy to have a nice, clean, and comfortable room for the brief night.

Room Tip: Ask for a city view.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for letting us know about your stay at the Renaissance Denver Hotel. We’re glad that our Renaissance Beds provided you with rest and relaxation before your flight. Our hotel offers plenty of entertainment options, including family movie nights by our pool and weekly events in our Elevate Lounge. If you’re interested in exploring the city, we also have a complimentary local shuttle that stops at prime shopping centers and attractions in the city. We hope you’ll have an opportunity to visit us again in the future; our staff would be happy to assist you in finding the perfect room with the a great view of the city and mountains.

Reviewed August 22, 2014

I currently came on vacation to Denver and decided to have a drink before heading out, little did I know I was in for the best shots and mixed drinks in maybe all of Denver!!! Pauline the bar tender has the best drinks in town., I highly recommend her drinks tasty and excellent service I'd come back any day. When you pass by try her pancakes.

• Stayed: August 2014

Your kind words for our staff are truly appreciated! We’re thrilled that our drink options exceeded your expectations and we’ll be sure to share your comments with the employee you specifically mentioned. It would be a pleasure to serve you again at the Renaissance Denver Hotel.

Reviewed August 22, 2014

I stayed here on 8/19/2014 thru 8/21/2014. I have never stayed here before but because it was close to DEN and a Renaissance I just assumed it would be a great hotel. To my disappointment I found several things that were not what I would consider Renaissance/Marriott standards: 1) The parking valet was slow and I had to track them down to use the service, and when I left at 4am on 8/21 there was no attendant so the front desk manager had to get my car out, very inconvenient 2) the rooms were old and need updating 3) when I checked out at 4am I was told the system was down and I could not get a receipt but they would email it to me asap, it took me several phone calls (put on hold several times) and finally a call to the Marriott Platinum desk in order to get my receipt (12 hours after I checked out). I would not recommend this hotel to the business traveler.

Room Tip: There is an active freight train adjacent to the hotel that runs several times during the day and ni...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business

Although we’re happy that our location added convenience to your stay, it’s disappointing to discover that your experience with us was not everything it should have been. We sincerely apologize about any inconveniences you encountered during the check out process and regarding our valet service. Your comments have been shared with our team and we will definitely look into adding additional staff members during off-peak hours to improve our service. Please consider giving our hotel another chance; we’re sure that you will find your next stay better than the last. Thank you for your input.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

I was immediately reminded of the Luxor in Vegas, cross it with a Mayan temple and you've got the Renaissance Denver. Our room was very nice, everything clean and up to date, yet the Wifi was spotty. We had a balcony…nice, but it overlooked the Home Depot parking lot. Also I remember the pet fee being pretty exorbitant ($75.00, non refundable) I'm not looking for a free ride for my dog, but for being advertised as "Pet friendly" I think you could get a better value elsewhere. There was a lot of road construction in the area, so it was a bit difficult to navigate the neighborhood. Not the worst part of town, but not the best either. A bit of a drive to Colfax and LoDo. They also charge to park in the garage, but I was lucky…the machine was broken so I got out for free. Though this hotel wasn't a bad place to stay, I'll bet your $175-200 would get you more at a different property.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that isn't facing Home Depot.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

We really appreciate your feedback on your recent stay. It’s great to learn that our design and decor were highlights of your stay. If you’re looking to explore Denver, we do offer a complimentary local shuttle that stops at shops, restaurants, and other attractions in the area. In order to comply with local codes, we must go through a strict cleaning process with our pet friendly rooms, which is why we have a sanitation fee. We apologize if this caused any inconveniences on your stay. It is our hope that you will return to us in the future.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

The Renaissance is like a sleek automobile with a missing spark plug. The rooms are spacious, nicely appointed and comfortable, but there are too many annoyances and managerial dysfunctions for me to be a return guest. It took half an hour to check in, even though there was no line. Check-out was another hassle, involving an automated system via the TV remote. However, the remote was not outfitted with the necessary menu button, so I had to return to the front desk. The clerk shrugged indifference when I mentioned the mismatched equipment. I encountered rude staff members coming and going. Upon arrival the receptionist informed me that I had booked two rooms (I had not), and when I produced documentation from the booking service showing only one reserved room, she said this did not prove that I hadn’t made a second reservation. I was told that it was now past the cancellation deadline and that it was up to me to sort it out with the booking service, otherwise I would be charged for two rooms. I returned to my car and used a cell phone to find the number for the online booking agency. They called the hotel to confirm that I had only reserved a single room. When I was finally able to check in, the staff expressed no regrets and offered no apology for the error. The next morning I again encountered poor service when I went to the small shop in the hotel lobby to find the New York Times. The clerk explained that she was “not a morning person.” She did not know whether they carried the Times. I eventually found it in a back corner of the store and informed her that yes, they do have the paper. After a workout I stopped at the rest room near the fitness center. It is beautifully tiled with elegant fixtures, but there was no hand soap at any of the sinks. It was becoming clear that this type of thing is par for the course.

The room itself was large and pleasant. It measures about 19x12 ft., excluding the bath and entryway, and has plenty of floor space. There’s a nice desk with plenty of outlets for devices, a comfortable king bed, and a sofa. No coffee maker. It seems that every nice feature of the hotel is offset by a negative. There is a private balcony, but the encrusted sliding door would barely open, and the balcony had not been cleaned and had no furniture. The telephone in the room did not work.

The hotel is located in a mixed-use industrial, retail and residential area. To the east of the property is the newly developed Stapleton subdivision (a Home Depot is across Quebec St. from the hotel). My view facing west was of a deteriorating residential neighborhood in which trash dumpsters overflow and people park cars on their lawns. Be advised that there are daily charges for wi-fi and for parking. However, if you decide to stay here, which I don't recommend, you may find free parking on Poplar St., immediately behind the hotel. The Renaissance is affiliated with the Marriott chain, though this is not immediately apparent on exterior signage. If I were in a position of authority with Marriott, I too would not want my company name on this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo

While we’re glad that our accommodations suited your needs for your trip, it’s unfortunate that we missed the mark on your stay. Our staff is often praised for providing excellent service, and it is clear that your experience was very out of character for us. We would be happy to look into what went wrong regarding your reservation and your comments have been shared with our team in order to make improvements to our service. Please give us another chance to regain your trust; we’re certain that your next experience will be much different. Thank you for sharing your concerns.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

The Bell staff was great. The bellman " Kevin Astorga" was above and beyond. Always waiting to help you. Never did I open a door. When I needed a shuttle to the Mall that was right across the street Kevin was on it. Met you with a smile no matter what time of the day. Thank you Kevin.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business

Your high praise for one of our staff members is truly appreciated! We’re thrilled that a member of your team really added to your stay and we will be sure to share your comments with him; they will certainly put a smile on his face. Visit us again at the Renaissance Denver Hotel.