“Gold Star Wives National Convention”

Renaissance Denver Stapleton Hotel
Ranked #45 of 158 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed August 31, 2013

There are no bad rooms in this hotel. They been renovated within the last couple years and it is beautiful. The staff is fabulous beyond words, Bell staff outstanding, and the chef/restaurant folks have the best food and service of any hotel and I've stayed in a lot of 4 star hotels. Especially like to mention Steve Ferency who is a great friend to veterans, Kara Martin, Ahmed Benehouaf in banquets, and in restaurant Robert, Fabiola, Angie, and Serena and Von. Many others, too. Thank you to all - everyone loved the hotel & staff. Rooms on the west side of the hotel offer beautiful sunsets and mountain views - east side beautiful sun rises and views of changing weather and the city. The bar and Starbucks were in the general lobby area - the set up is so great for meetings and just visiting after a big event. We used a number of meeting spaces and all were set up excellently. The AV staff worked with us professionally and courteously. They all "got" who Gold Star Wives are and treated us with the respect and dignity deserved and "Service" was at the top of their list. Thank you so much to the Renaissance!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
DenverRenaissance, General Manager at Renaissance Denver Stapleton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

The Gold Star Wives are such an incredible organization and we greatly appreciate the services your families have provided to our country. Thank you very much for your kind words for the Renaissance Denver Hotel! We’re thrilled that our staff exceeded all of your expectations and that we were able to be part of such an incredible event! We’ll be sure to share your comments with the staff members you specifically mentioned; I’m sure they will really make their day! It would be a pleasure to have you again.

There are newer reviews for Renaissance Denver Stapleton Hotel

Reviewed August 29, 2013

I travel thru out the Southwest. In Denver, I look forward to my stay at the Renaissance in Denver. Great staff, especially Peter in the lobby lounge area. The food is always good which you can ine in the a restaurant or room service. I choose to dine in the lobby bar. Peter is great with the customers and always has a greeting and smile for everyone.

Once, I misplaced my iPad. I thought is was gone. I received a call from the hotel and informed me the Housekeeper, Conchita had turned it in. This is a person of integrity.

I will continue to Tay at the Renaissance and I always encourage my co workers to stay there.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
DenverRenaissance, General Manager at Renaissance Denver Stapleton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

To be a highlight of your travels is such an honor for us! Your kind words for our hotel and staff are greatly appreciated by us all; we’ll be sure to share them with the staff members you specifically mentioned, as they will definitely make their day! The Renaissance Denver hopes to continue providing you the most exceptional stay possible.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

A two night stay here was a pleasant surprise. The staff was professional and courteous. the rooms are a nice size with comfortable beds. Housekeeping is good and bathrooms are very clean. Overall a good business hotel. One small flaw - the banquettes in the restaurant are terribly worn and need replacing.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your feedback on the Renaissance Denver Hotel. Receiving recognition for outstanding service from a guest means a lot to us. We’re thrilled that everything mostly exceeded your expectations, although we do regret if the linens in our restaurant fell short of them. It would be wonderful to see you again in the future!

Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoy staying here. The pillows are very comfortable!! The room is cozy, spacious and clean. I balcony allows for fresh air at anytime without inconvenience. The area has several food choices as well as a shopping strip. Being close to the highway allows for easy travel around the city.

• Stayed: August 2013
DenverRenaissance, General Manager at Renaissance Denver Stapleton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

We love your review! It is so nice to read how much you enjoyed your visit to the Renaissance Denver Hotel. Situated between the Denver International Airport and the downtown, we provide convenient access to major freeways as well as plenty of shopping and dining in the Stapleton neighborhood of the city. Thank you for your review and warm acknowledgement of our guest accommodations. Please come back again soon.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

I stayed at the Denver Renaissance Quebec Street for 3 days. I had ordered some stuff to be send to the hotel. Two out three packages arrived as promised, so I could pack those items. The last on did not make it, while I was there. So I was promised by their staff member that he would watch out for the delivery and forward it to Germany. This was not possible, but he did a new contract to deliver the stuff to our home address here in Germany. It took a little longer, but that was due to German customs procedures.

Room Tip: Request a high floor room towards the back, quieter than towards the front.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

It is truly touching to read that you experienced outstanding service during your recent visit to the Renaissance Denver Hotel. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and, most importantly, that our staff was able to assist in coordinating the delivery of a package to your home overseas. We certainly appreciate that you shared your story with us and hope to welcome you back during your next visit to The Mile High City. Thank you!

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Our group had our Anniversary Party on August 18, 2013 in the Telluride Room. The food service Captain was a lady by the name of CAT. She was so helpful to us all but especially to me.
Cat overheard me say that I was having a tooth problem. Cat saw to it that I had Cottage Cheese instead of the regular dinner salad, mashed potatoes instead of the rice to go with my Talapia and Creme Brule for desert. Cat was so attentive all evening and is so personable that it made the whole event extremely memorable. To sum up I would like to say that the Renaissance in Denver is fortunate to have CAT as a representative of their establishment. We will certainly consider going back to the Renaissance for other events. I will recommend the hotel to friends who are traveling in the area.
Sincerely, Deanna Gordon

Room Tip: We did stay overnight - it was a party to celebrate our groups anniversary.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Happy Anniversary to your group, we’re so glad you chose to celebrate at the Renaissance Denver Hotel. It was the pleasure of our entire team to provide you and your group with personalized service to ensure everyone enjoyed their anniversary event and overnight stay. We certainly appreciate that you shared about the service you experienced, we will be sure to pass your compliments along to the team member you mentioned by name. We hope you’re feeling better and that you’ll return in the future for another great visit. Thank you for your review and recommendation.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Stayed here for three days while in Denver for a soccer tournament. Large hotel and very clean and nice rooms. Parking was a little expensive, so must people just parked on the street. I've stayed at the Renaissance in Vegas also. So I would recommend that one over this one ( just cause its Vegas). If you don't want to eat in the hotel there are plenty of restaurants near by. I will stay here again when I return to Denver.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

We appreciate that you enjoyed your recent visit to the Renaissance Denver Hotel while in town for a tournament. While we do offer secure, off-street parking for ten dollars per day, guests are free to find on-street parking at their own risk. Thank you for your review and mention of our location. We look forward to welcoming you for a return stay next time you’re visiting Denver!