“I will return”

Ranked #37 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“I will return”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Stayed here for three days while in Denver for a soccer tournament. Large hotel and very clean and nice rooms. Parking was a little expensive, so must people just parked on the street. I've stayed at the Renaissance in Vegas also. So I would recommend that one over this one ( just cause its Vegas). If you don't want to eat in the hotel there are plenty of restaurants near by. I will stay here again when I return to Denver.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
DenverRenaissance, General Manager at Renaissance Denver Stapleton Hotel, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
We appreciate that you enjoyed your recent visit to the Renaissance Denver Hotel while in town for a tournament. While we do offer secure, off-street parking for ten dollars per day, guests are free to find on-street parking at their own risk. Thank you for your review and mention of our location. We look forward to welcoming you for a return stay next time you’re visiting Denver!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (416)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 17, 2013

With two days in Denver I chose this hotel as a Marriott Platinum Elite member and for its location between downtown and the airport and its shuttle service to the airport. I arrived on an early morning flight and with a quick rental car trip of about 20 minutes arrived to find that I could check in straight away. No concierge floor room was available but as the lounge was not open at the weekend and the rooms were supposedly identical in amenities I was satisfied with the 6th floor. The view from the room and balcony over Denver and the mountains was great and the room had every comfort needed, was quiet, fresh, clean and furnished with a pleasant style and with a nice bathroom - I love Aveda products! I headed for the mountains soon after and on the advice of the front desk booked a zipline tour at Idaho Springs which turned out to be a lot of fun – but do check for traffic reports as there were serious delays on the freeway due to construction. A great take away dinner from the Stapleton shopping complex across the road at the ribs place, and in the morning the full buffet complimentary breakfast, with omelet station, was more than satisfactory. The second day I returned the rental car and was picked up there by friends for a day's touring downtown – this was a good move as I needed to give myself time at the airport for a 7am flight and did not want the hassle of double handling of luggage and delays at rental return. Shame the shuttle only goes hourly so I had to catch the 4.35am one which gave plenty of time for check in and security, and this is one busy airport. I note that the American Airlines Admiral’s lounge was friendly, well stocked and comfortable and close to the gates, once you had found it after security! This property turned out to be a really good choice and I would recommend to first time visitors to Denver. For $79 a night this was great value.

Room Tip: Mountain side and above level 6
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
DenverRenaissance, General Manager at Renaissance Denver Stapleton Hotel, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
How wonderful that you had such an enjoyable guest experience at a great value during your recent stay at the Renaissance Denver Hotel. We were happy to provide an early check-in as well as suggestions of exciting things to do in the area. It is great to read that you enjoyed our well-appointed guest accommodations including our mountain views and Aveda bath products. Thank you for your kind review and continued loyalty to our brand as a rewards member. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back again in the future.
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I stayed at this property on business for a few days recently. The hotel was very nice and the people were exceptional. I enjoyed a really nice meal my first night and learned quickly to appreciate the central location of this property to the airport and other surrounding areas. A quick people story... Upon arrival, I met one of the valet Mohamed Chourdi. Mohamed made a great impression right away helping me to get checked in and familiar with the hotel property. Unfortunately, one day my rental car had a mechanical issue. I got it started but was terribly afraid to be left stranded again. When I arrived at the hotel, I explained to Mohamed what happened because I didn't want the car to breakdown in a valet area where they couldn't tow it. Clearly I was distraught since I also had dinner with a client that night and no reliable transportation. Mohamed, took the car and took charge. He took care of the rental car gave me options for a cab and even gave me a phone number to reach him in the event I became stranded. Traveling each week for a living is stressful enough without issues like this. I completely appreciate Mohamed's willingness to help. It is employees like Mohamed that make a good hotel great in the eyes of business professionals trying to balance it all. See you again in a few weeks!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
We love hearing stories from our guests and are delighted you took the time to share about the service you experienced. Mohamed is one of many members of our Renaissance Denver Hotel family that go above and beyond to make certain our guests are well taken care of. Thank you for reviewing your business stay with us, we certainly look forward to welcoming you back again in a few weeks!
California
Reviewed August 9, 2013

M family and I came from California, the in person view verses the online view were quite different. Looked much better online. The rooms were good size and clean. I felt we were nickle and dimed for WiFi and Parking as they were extra. I felt for the rate we paid the above should have been included. We refused to eat at the hotels restaurant due to the gouging cost's. Our niece had breakfast during a weekday morning, (coffee, toast and egg whites) she spent $25. I'm not a cheap person but that's ridiculous in my opinion. The indoor pool area was not usable as the smell of chlorine was to strong. I used the outdoor spa but found it way to hot and the jets did not work, not enjoyable at all! Some of the personnel were okay and others had some bad attitudes. We requested towels to the room (3 sets), all we received was 3 mini bath towels, not to mention it took an hour to receive them. I like Marriott hotels but I didn't enjoy Renaissance Denver Hotel. I have received FREE parking, wifi and complete breakfast for much less at other Marriott's.

Room Tip: Better to get a view towards the airport, otherwise you get to look at the locals back yards and ind...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
DenverRenaissance, General Manager at Renaissance Denver Stapleton Hotel, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you for sharing your opinions. We regret that our stay did not exceed your expectations and would like to share that all charges, including Wi-Fi and parking, are disclosed during the booking process. We offer a number of specials and packages on our website that include discounted rates as well as complimentary internet access, parking and breakfast which is regularly $14 for our continental breakfast and $17 for our signature breakfast buffet. We appreciate your feedback and hope you’ll consider a future stay with us.
Leonardtown, Maryland
Reviewed August 9, 2013

My family attended a three-day conference that was held at the Renaissance. Each morning my two daughters and wife went to breakfast in the hotel restaurant. Each morning FABIOLA was our server (after day one, we requested her). The food was great; the service greater. Fabiola was always pleasant and accommodating. She made the morning start up wonderful.

As I said the breakfast bar was also great, my oldest daughter told me that her omlette was "the best" she'd "ever had." I would also recommend that you eat a few blueberry muffins--the best I ever had.

Room Tip: Request a mountain view on one of the top floors (we were on the 9th), even if it is over a parking...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
How wonderful that you and your family enjoyed your visit to the Renaissance Denver Hotel. We love that our breakfast offerings and dedicated dining staff at Vivace! Ristorante were the talk of your visit. Your daughter’s kind compliments to our dining team made us smile and will be shared with the entire staff. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We hope to welcome you back for another great stay and delicious breakfast experience soon.
Santa Fe
Reviewed August 8, 2013

This was a family trip we took to Denver. We were extremely worried about the fact that we found such an awesome deal at $69 per night for our stay in Colorado. The entire family was awed by the beauty of this hotel!!! We were excited to stay on the 9th floor, and from our balcony, we could see downtown Denver's buildings. It was wonderful! The separate swimming pools were excellent, as it landed up raining and our kids were able to swim indoors for that time. When we went swimming in the outdoor pool at night, we were all surprised to see a movie projected on the wall. Swimming and a movie...that's just awesome. The restaurant and bar were both excellent.

Now for their service. Every time I would approach the front desk, the person behind the desk would ask me what they could do for me, with a nice smile, before I even made it to the front desk! Now THAT is friendly customer service!!! Every staff member we encountered smiled and said hello as we passed them. And the managers we happened upon were extremely nice making sure we were enjoying our visit. There was a small incident during our stay (not even worth mentioning), and two managers, Rod Hunsaker and Brian Liker, treated it as though it was of the utmost importance and went above and beyond to make sure we were happy and comfortable during our stay.

Staying in such a nice hotel definitely made our vacation more enjoyable and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Vanessa M
What a treat it is to read that you described the Renaissance Denver Hotel as an absolutely beautiful hotel! We were thrilled to be able to welcome you and your family for a memorable vacation in Denver and it is fantastic to learn that our staff was always available to assist you with a smile. We were thankful to have the opportunity to resolve any issue, no matter how small, during your stay and appreciate that you reached out. Thank you for your valued feedback and mention of our movie nights at our outdoor pool. We hope you and your family will return for another visit very soon.
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed August 7, 2013

The rooms were clean, front desk staff was superb and the restaurant staff, Angie made it all worth the trip! Will consider for our next meeting as well. The internet service needs some work and rather slow. Other than that, I would highly recommend. Central location to Cherry Creek, Northfield, and downtown.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
It is wonderful to read about your experience at the Renaissance Denver Hotel, we are thrilled you enjoyed clean accommodations and that the service our staff delivered was a highlight of your visit. Your review will be shared with the staff you took the time to mention by name. Thank you for your review and recommendation of our property as well as your kind mention of our location. We hope to welcome you back soon, thank you.