“Reasonable Hotel, But Nothing Special”

Renaissance Denver Stapleton Hotel
Ranked #45 of 158 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed May 23, 2008

The Renaissance Denver is clean and a decent place to stay, but nothing special. If you are looking something in downtown Denver, this is not the place - it's about 15-20 minutes from downtown.

If you'd prefer something midway, I think this is okay ... or if you are looking for something near the Northfield Shopping Center.

The hotel hallways and lobby are old and under construction, so hopefully this will be better when the construction is finished. Right now, though, not the best.

The worst part - when we got here and were trying to lug in four pieces of luggage ..... the guy from the hotel at the front door just watched us!

Being a regular Marriott stayer (I'm Platinum), I have high expectations. However, I'd probably look for something closer to Denver the next time I travel.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Renaissance Denver Stapleton Hotel

Reviewed May 20, 2008

Stayed Fri and Sat nights. It is a lovely hotel, huge lobby and public areas. Renovations were almost complete, one bank of elevators was out and they were laying tile by the entrance.
Had breakfast, sandwiches and dessert in restaurant, all were excellent. Asked for and received 2 queen mountain view. Good large room, HDtv, free internet,( also free parking) great shower.

Minor complaint - even on floor 7 above the bar area i could hear noises until bar closed. Also, the trains are LOUD. I had previously stayed up the road at the Red Lion and could barely hear the train, but not this time!

If you are going south from I70, make sure to get in right local lane. If you stay in main Quebec lanes you will drive right by hotel without seeing it. I thought I had lost my mind!
I would have liked to spend more time hanging out at this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed April 4, 2008

The current construction of the hotel was not an issue for us. The doors are pretty thick so you can't even hear the noise. I think they should fix other things before building new ones. We had a not-so-good lunch in the "restaurant" while sitting on duct-taped seats. The walls of our cramped room had paint splotches (like they were trying to do a quick-fix) all over it. And the parking garage is SO tight you have to be really careful going in and out.
My biggest issue were the communications problems. IF they answer the phone, the operators don't seem to relay things to the front desk. And the front desk people don't seem to talk to each other. Calling down to ask for an interent cable took 4 phone calls to finally get one, and even then we had left the room already.
This was our first time in Denver and we did not feel welcomed or appreciated as guests. We were also a little too far away from downtown/LODO area for my tastes. If we go back, we'd probably pay a little more for LODO properties. Unless you like hanging out at Walmart and eating at IHOP, there's not much else by the Renaissance and the fun parts are all about a 20 minute drive away.
I think the people who enjoy this hotel are there with a group or convention. As a couple going to sightsee, this was not the place for us.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2008

Great stay at the Renaissance! it's obvious they are going through quite a renovation, apparently over $20 million. I stayed there based on a recommendation and was somewhat concered when I got to the hotel due to the renovation but the service was terrific and when it's done it will be quite the place to be.

Food was great, room was awesome the new technology really nice for people travelling with a laptop. Large room for a Marriott and the price was very affordable.

Definately the place I'll return when next in the Denver area.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed February 26, 2008

I stayed at this property for a weekend getaway. I flew in and did not rent a car. I used the hotel's free shuttle service, and that proved to be better than either a cab or using the Sky Bus. I did have dinner at the bar one evening and breakfast, the dinner was fine, breakfast OK for a buffet.. Since I didn't have a vehicle for this stay I explored Denver's bus system. The closest bus stop is about a block or 2 away. I got downtown within 45 minutes transfering once. The return trip I needed to transfer twice and then cross the main road. I had done a little research on-line prior to arriving. On site, the front desk staff wasn't too knowledgeable, but the housekeeper gave me directions to the best stop for where I wanted to go and a couple of tips. The bus drivers are supposed to announce the main stops ( the ones on the Route Maps and the Transfer points), which is very nice.

They had started the renovations, but I wasn't bothered at all by them, and I think the room that I had stayed in had already been done. Bed was very comfortable. I would stay there again, if I didn't need to be right downtown.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled solo
Reviewed February 5, 2008

My wife and I drove down from Snowmass to enjoy a weekend in the city. A friend recommended the Renaissance and we had a great stay. New rooms are wonderful. The bed was so comfortable we didn't want to get out. Loved the way we could connect our lap top so we could watch a movie on the flat screen tv...easy and free internet!!
Had breakfast in hotel and we ate and ate and ate. Angela the server was fantastic!
Had dinner at Ling & Louies across the street and it was great. Shopped at Macy's and spent too much.
Can't wait till we can come back again.

Stayed: February 2008
Reviewed January 24, 2008

Stayed at the hotel around New Years Eve for 3 nights. Room was great, although I got a "Kansas" view, rather than a Rocky Mountain View. Room was large and had great amenities. Fridge was handy. Didn't hear any of my neighbors once!

Didn't know much about Denver, and this hotel is half way between the airport and downtown. So basically, it's not close to anything. But I had a rental car and was downtown in 15 minutes. Not a problem at all. I guess anyone who has been to Denver knows that the airport is a wayyyyy out there.

Staff was friendly and helped with all of my requests. On-Site rental car drop off was convienant for my 1-way rental.

I would have preferred to stay downtown and be close to the "action" on New Years...but was able to find others in lobby to split the cab fare.

100% satisfied with this hotel and would tell anyone to book there. A+