“Amazing Service for My Special Requests!!”

Renaissance Denver Stapleton Hotel
Ranked #46 of 159 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I have to travel all the time for work and rarely have I come across a hotel so accommodating!! I called ahead to ask if I might be able to have a blender placed in my room for some special dietary needs. Although they did not have one on property, they went out and BOUGHT ONE for my stay!! A brand new blender was waiting for me in my room when I checked in!!

Additionally, everyone I dealt with in the restaurant was superb. I was there to teach a class & they always had our meals ready & waiting (but not cold!!) whenever we arrived. By the 2nd day they had caught on to my special dining needs & had meals prepared without my having to ask. It was AWESOME!!!

Add to that the wonderful break room they provided for my students, fully stocked with everything we could possibly want (including a variety of ice creams for snack breaks...how fun is that?!).

I will definitely use this hotel again when teaching in Denver...they were fantastic & I look forward to coming back!

Room Tip: I heard another guest mentioning the nearby train when I was checking out. I sleep with earplugs &a...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
DenverRenaissance, General Manager at Renaissance Denver Stapleton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Thank you for your glowing review of the Renaissance Denver Hotel! Our guests are truly important to us and we strive to go above and beyond to accommodate their requests. Whether it is a dietary need or the desire for a particular room, our staff is here to assist you. We're thrilled you had everything you needed for an enjoyable stay and will share your kind compliments to our dining and catering teams. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great alternative to pricier hotels downtown. Plentiful breakfast included as well as Mon-Thurs light meal and happy hour.
Suites with kitchen allow for dining in options as well.
Great stay for the week!
Great Italian restaurant next door at the Hotel Monaco.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

At the Renaissance Denver Hotel, situated just outside of the downtown among convenient shops and restaurant, we provide all of the excitement and amenities of a downtown Denver hotel without the price tag. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and the amenities of our Concierge-Level rooms We hope that during your next visit you'll dine at our delicious on-site Italian restaurant, Vivace! Ristorante. Thank you for your feedback, we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I was parking at the DEN and needed a shuttle to take me to the hotel for a one night stay and bring me back in the morning for a 7:00 am flight. I wanted a hotel near the airport with a free shuttle. Feel free to skip to the overview and positives, at the end of this review, if this is not an issue for you. Otherwise, I would pick a location closer to the airport. Four stars for customer service resolving the shuttle issue.

“…near the Airport with free airport shuttle” made me assume it was actually near the airport but it is not. It is a solid 20 to 25 minutes away @ 4:30 am and a little longer during evening traffic. This becomes an issue as it relates to the frequency of their shuttle or trying to arrange for alternate transportation. The front desk advised a taxi would be $45 to $50.

Let me preface that the hotel got the following situation worked out but traveler beware.

Upon check in, you can sign up for the shuttle but there are only 7 to 10 seats slotted per pick up (every hour beginning at 4:30 am). The shuttle is a small 20 passenger bus/van that is shared with a nearby Holiday Inn. The Renaissance alone has 400 rooms and advertises an airport shuttle. I don’t understand the small shuttle.

When I checked in @ 4:00 pm all slots for 4:30 am were filled. I had a 7:00 am flight. The next window would be 5:30 am and given the distance I would be cutting it too close for my comfort. I would not arrive until 6:00 am at the earliest. With bags to check and security, it would be a rush. I put my name down on the 4:30 am list anyway in hopes I would be a backup.

I called to the desk around 7:00 pm to try to figure out some options. The taxi defeated the purpose of staying at this location. The front desk was working on getting another van and they would call me once one was confirmed. I called around 10:00 pm and still no confirmation of another van.

@4:30 am, I took a chance of getting on the shuttle. There were names written all over the sign-up sheet. There was no structure for who signed up first as a backup. The front desk told me they got another van. However, seven signed up turned into 18 boarding at 4:30 am and this was at the Renaissance only. We didn’t even bother going to the Holiday Inn.

Overview and Some Positives

No issues with pick up at the airport.

Attentive staff, they worked on getting another van but I did not like the uncertainty.

The highlight was the workout room. There was plenty of equipment and not just treadmills and elliptical. There were bikes, free weights, water, towels, hand weights, cable weights, headsets and each machine with its own TV.

Nice large king room on one of the club floors, robes and high quality toiletries, large balcony but quite disgusting (covered in bird feces and clearly the exterior never power washed). Upgrades as a result of being a Gold member.

Club/Concierge lounge not that impressive—basic snacks but there was fruit and cheese (not heavy carb during my stay). Left too early for breakfast.

Room service good and reasonable (build your own Angus Burger)

Great location—across the “street” (more like a busy thorough way) from a large shopping center. Walkable but a bit dangerous with traffic.

Shuttle drivers on time and nice

Overall, the hotel makes the best of its 80s nod to an Embassy suites. It’s been remodeled but reminds me of a cruise ship but I kind of liked it.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor and large king room
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
DenverRenaissance, General Manager at Renaissance Denver Stapleton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

The Renaissance Denver Hotel is located 17 miles from the Denver International Airport (DIA) in the Stapleton District of the city and just a few minutes from the heart of downtown. We truly appreciate the time you've taken to share your point of view as well as your kind mention of our fitness center, guest rooms, Concierge Lounge and more. As you mentioned, our hotel does offer a complimentary airport shuttle that runs on a regular schedule, however, we do regret any confusion regarding our location in proximity to DIA during booking. We apologize if there was any lack of clarity but it is great to know our staff was able to resolve the matter by providing additional shuttle service for our guests. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future, thank you.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

I had a mixed experience with this hotel. First off, I have Gold Elite status with Marriott, so I get a few more perks.

The exterior of the hotel is very old looking. It looks like a Lego pyramid made of stone. Quebec street is a little hard to navigate if you aren't used to it. On the plus, there is a large shopping center across the road with several eatery choices. Parking is $10 for self parking.

Upon arrival, I was upgraded to a Jr. suite. The room is not bad, but it has an odd design. There is a 32" TV in the living room but nothing in the bedroom itself. It's literally like watching TV out your window into your next door neighbor's house. Free HBO. The bathroom is rather small too. The "suite" is just a little bigger than a normal sized hotel room with the space reallocated for a couch and living area. Very comfortable beds with lots of pillows.

The Club Level is nice. They have plenty of snack and food options for you. Room service was also prompt and friendly. Nice portion size for the cost.

The biggest complaint is that I had a housekeeping person walked into my room without knocking in the middle of the day. Not sure why or what she was doing. She apologized profusely and left.

Had I not had a conference at the hotel in the morning, I would have stayed elsewhere. It's too far from the airport and downtown to justify the price.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

It is great to read that you enjoyed our Concierge Lounge and your in-room dining experience; however, we're disheartened to learn your stay was not entirely positive. We deeply regret if our housekeeping staff arrived unannounced and are disappointed that our location was not to your liking. Situated in the Stapleton District and convenient to both the downtown and Denver International Airport, our hotel offers a complimentary shuttle to the airport as well as area shops and restaurants. We appreciate your valued feedback and hope you'll consider another stay in the future.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Stay here frequently for work. Rooms are nice but its not close to the airport. Marriott DIA or Aloft are my favorite airport hotels in Denver.

Two big negatives for this hotel -
1. the shuttle experience from the airport. supposedly runs every half hour. i have waited over 45 minutes on multiple occasions. even as a platinum they won't tell the driver your name so they can ensure you are on the bus...
2. the concierge lounge food is terribly unhealthy ... no fruit and veggies, just high carb food... breakfast is the same ... no healthy option

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
DenverRenaissance, General Manager at Renaissance Denver Stapleton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Our hotel, a favorite among business travelers, is located 17 miles from Denver International Airport and offers a number of convenient amenities. It is regrettable that your experience on our complimentary airport shuttle did not meet your expectations. While our shuttle runs at regular intervals, we apologize for any confusion regarding the schedule. Thank you for your feedback, we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

After stuck in DIA due to United Airlines leaving LAX an hour late we were stranded in Denver overnight. United gave us a voucher to The Renaissance Denver Hotel - at least they did something right. This property is very clean and well appointed. The bar is right in the open lobby and the food and drinks were quite good. Complimentary laundry facilities are on site and very helpful since we didn't anticipate an extra night of vacation. We had a 6th floor room which overlooked downtown and the mountains. There is a free shuttle to the airport which was a bonus and a bar The Metro right next door. A taxi to downtown is a short ride and about a $20 fare. The beds are very clean and the employees seemed to all be pleasant. Overall, a great property which I would recommend to anyone in Denver.

Room Tip: We had a room facing downtown and the mountains, and I would definitely recommend requesting this.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Travel delays are often frustrating so we couldn't be happier that we made your impromptu stay in Denver a pleasant experience! We're glad you enjoyed our deluxe accommodations complete with our Renaissance bedding, on-site amenities and Elevate Lounge. We greatly appreciate your kind review and mention of our location convenient to both the downtown and Denver International Airport. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back for a future stay with us soon.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

This is my second time staying for business. The hotel is clean, the rooms are comfortable. However one thing to note, if you are in a room on the side opposite the main road viewing the mountains, be forewarned, there is a train that comes through two or three times a night. It sounds like it barrels down the tracks and the whistle starts what seems like a mile away. Gradually it gets closer and just when you think it is as close as it can be, the whistle is blown again. I don't mean "toot toot", I mean like a scene from my cousin Vinny type train!

I had asked for a room with a view because I had forgotten about my last experiences with that same train! My memory came back to me in the middle of the night. I don't believe it's just me since in the bathrooms they provide earplugs for you. The bottom line is the hotel and service was fine, the location is not conducive to a quiet nights sleep, at least on that one side.

Room Tip: Ask for a room far away from the train tracks!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
DenverRenaissance, General Manager at Renaissance Denver Stapleton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

While we're glad you enjoyed another stay with us at the Renaissance Denver Hotel, we truly regret if you were disturbed by noise that occurred outside. Our hotel makes the comfort of our guests a top priority and provides numerous in-room amenities for a restful and relaxing guest experience. Thank you for your feedback, we certainly hope to welcome you back for a future stay soon.