“Nice room, noisy train”

Renaissance Denver Stapleton Hotel
Ranked #44 of 161 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed October 21, 2012

This is my second time staying for business. The hotel is clean, the rooms are comfortable. However one thing to note, if you are in a room on the side opposite the main road viewing the mountains, be forewarned, there is a train that comes through two or three times a night. It sounds like it barrels down the tracks and the whistle starts what seems like a mile away. Gradually it gets closer and just when you think it is as close as it can be, the whistle is blown again. I don't mean "toot toot", I mean like a scene from my cousin Vinny type train!

I had asked for a room with a view because I had forgotten about my last experiences with that same train! My memory came back to me in the middle of the night. I don't believe it's just me since in the bathrooms they provide earplugs for you. The bottom line is the hotel and service was fine, the location is not conducive to a quiet nights sleep, at least on that one side.

Room Tip: Ask for a room far away from the train tracks!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
DenverRenaissance, General Manager at Renaissance Denver Stapleton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

While we're glad you enjoyed another stay with us at the Renaissance Denver Hotel, we truly regret if you were disturbed by noise that occurred outside. Our hotel makes the comfort of our guests a top priority and provides numerous in-room amenities for a restful and relaxing guest experience. Thank you for your feedback, we certainly hope to welcome you back for a future stay soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,655)

Reviewed October 18, 2012

The Renaissance Marriot in Denver provides very good customer service and the rooms are clean and reasonably priced. I like that hotel check-in was quick and that the Renaissance representative confirmed my request for a feather free room.

I enjoyed the view of theRocky mountains from my hotel room. The fitness center was on point with new equipment and free weights. I was pleased to see that they also provided head sets for listening to music or watching television, towels, and a watercooler.

They have a nice souvenir shop that is reasonably priced and their hotel restaurant was pretty good.

I enjoyed by two night stay.

Room Tip: It's on the outskirts and a good drive from downtown Denver, I recommend renting a car.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

What a treat it must have been to look out onto beautiful views of the Rocky Mountains from your room. We're thrilled you enjoyed everything from your accommodations to our on-site amenities and responsive staff. While some guests prefer to get around in their own vehicle, we do offer both complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport as well as to local shops and restaurants. Thank you for your review of the Renaissance Denver Hotel, please come back again soon.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

The Rennaissance is a Marriott property, so you expect excellence.

Parking here is easy, but there is a charge. Parking is totally undercover, so that's nice. I did have some trouble with the electronic gate that lets you into parking and I noticed that others did too. I did not use concierge parking but I assume it works well. Parking is so easy, though, why use concierge parking?

The check in was efficient and friendly, no problems. The lobby is very, very nice with lots of things to see and do. I didn't use any of the restaurants, so no comment on those. The concierge lounge on level 10 is nice but not exceptional. The breakfast in the concierge lounge was good but not exceptional in any way.

The gym was very nice. Clean and functional with Cardio theater. Plenty of equipment for the size of the hotel. I was there at 5am and there were 5 or 6 people there already.

The room was OK. (I hope) that Marriott has taken to using furniture and seating that looks a little beat up. Some Residence Inns I have stayed at had furniture that looked like it went through WWII, so I suppose it is a design element. The wood furniture in my room looked like it was 50 years old. The work desk had a cheesy plexiglass top that was dirty, scratched, and warped. Plus, with the sun setting I could see A LOT of dust on everything. That was a little disappointing. Maybe they should plant some radishes in the dust?

Beds? Always fantastic. Bathrooms were flawless. The room (other than dust) was clean.

Location, location, location. You can see the airport from the concierge lounge. nuff said.

I will stay here again.

Room Tip: they are all fine
1  Thank B1Brian

Thank you for sharing your thorough review of the Renaissance Denver Hotel. We're so glad you enjoyed our location convenient to the airport and hope you took advantage of our complimentary shuttle. Your kind mention of our common areas, Renaissance Beds and accommodations are greatly appreciated. We regret if you had difficulty in our parking garage or if any aspect of your room missed the mark and are grateful neither detracted from your stay. Your feedback has been shared with our team who will ensure our parking garage and guest rooms are at their very best. We look forward to seeing you again next time you're in Denver.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

We stayed at the hotel 2 nights while we went to a convention there.It was very convenient and pleasant. the staff were all friendly and helpful, the rooms very clean and updated since we were there a few years ago. the was good food for a fair price with big portions. we did get a special rate which made the stay even better. our king room is normally about $200, which i would be reluctant to pay. my only gripe is that they charge for internet.

Room Tip: the highway side---quebec street, is very noisy at night
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

It's wonderful to read about your recent weekend at the Renaissance Denver Hotel. We're glad you enjoyed our guest accommodations as well as your dining experience at our on-site restaurants. We invite you to check our website before booking your next stay as we have a number of packages throughout the year that include discounted rates with complimentary Internet access, breakfast and more. Thank you for your review, we look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to the Mile High City.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

My family stayed here for a few days in July. We had two rooms. This was not the standard I would have expected for a Renaissance. I would have changed hotels but no other Marriott in the area could accommodate us with two rooms on the dates we needed.
I found a dirty cleaning rag in the bathroom, and later my daughter found a used wash cloth hanging on the shower rod. I had to pay $15.00 for a cube refrigerator that had broken racks and smelled like fish. Lighting (2) was out in the room but was replaced the next day at my request. There was a daily charge for parking in the garage however there was some on street parking. We ate breakfast once in the dining room, not impressed.
On the plus side the beds where comfortable and they provided a free shuttle to great food and shopping. The staff was very nice. I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Right off I70. Easy access to freway.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
DenverRenaissance, General Manager at Renaissance Denver Stapleton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

While we're glad that you enjoyed our beds and complimentary shuttle, it is truly regrettable that your stay with us was not positive in every way. We are extremely disappointed as it seems that the rooms you were assigned did not meet the high standards of cleanliness we uphold. The feedback you shared on site and in your review is greatly appreciated as it allows our team to further investigate, ensuring that our accommodations are at their best for our guests. We hope you'll reconsider a future stay allows us the opportunity to change your impression.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

We used the Renaissance as our base for a day trip to Denver and then, sadly, had to fly out the next morning at, gulp, 4:30 AM. Fortunately the hotel has a shuttle and everything worked out well. We are gold members and Marriott upgraded us to a concierge floor room that had a great view of Denver. We appreciated the upgrade. We visited the bar, for research purposes only, and met some nice Nebraska fans who were euphoric because their team had just won a come from behind victory. We enjoyed our quiet and comfortable room. Marriott really has fabulous mattresses and bed linens.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
DenverRenaissance, General Manager at Renaissance Denver Stapleton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Whether you have to be up for an early morning flight or you want to sleep in, the Renaissance Denver Hotel has everything you need for a perfect stay. We're thrilled you enjoyed our complimentary airport shuttle as well as your concierge-level accommodations complete with our luxurious Renaissance beds. Thank you for your review, we hope to welcome you back for a longer stay soon!

Reviewed October 1, 2012

When I first pulled up I was skeptical by the exterior architecture of this hotel, but was pleasently suprised by the interior. Nice open lobby and the rooms are also very nice and spacious. Had dinner late one night in the hotel lobby, the servers were attentive and the food was delicious. Found this hotel by accident, but would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank jenfrost

We love when we can surprise our guests! Thank you for sharing feedback from your recent stay at the Renaissance Denver Hotel. It's a delight to read that you enjoyed our modern, comfortable atmosphere as well as your dining experience at Elevate and our guest rooms. We look forward to seeing you next time you're in Denver.