“This place is OK”

Ranked #37 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Salina, Kansas
“This place is OK”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

The Rennaissance is a Marriott property, so you expect excellence.

Parking here is easy, but there is a charge. Parking is totally undercover, so that's nice. I did have some trouble with the electronic gate that lets you into parking and I noticed that others did too. I did not use concierge parking but I assume it works well. Parking is so easy, though, why use concierge parking?

The check in was efficient and friendly, no problems. The lobby is very, very nice with lots of things to see and do. I didn't use any of the restaurants, so no comment on those. The concierge lounge on level 10 is nice but not exceptional. The breakfast in the concierge lounge was good but not exceptional in any way.

The gym was very nice. Clean and functional with Cardio theater. Plenty of equipment for the size of the hotel. I was there at 5am and there were 5 or 6 people there already.

The room was OK. (I hope) that Marriott has taken to using furniture and seating that looks a little beat up. Some Residence Inns I have stayed at had furniture that looked like it went through WWII, so I suppose it is a design element. The wood furniture in my room looked like it was 50 years old. The work desk had a cheesy plexiglass top that was dirty, scratched, and warped. Plus, with the sun setting I could see A LOT of dust on everything. That was a little disappointing. Maybe they should plant some radishes in the dust?

Beds? Always fantastic. Bathrooms were flawless. The room (other than dust) was clean.

Location, location, location. You can see the airport from the concierge lounge. nuff said.

I will stay here again.

Room Tip: they are all fine
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank B1Brian
DenverRenaissance, General Manager at Renaissance Denver Stapleton Hotel, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Thank you for sharing your thorough review of the Renaissance Denver Hotel. We're so glad you enjoyed our location convenient to the airport and hope you took advantage of our complimentary shuttle. Your kind mention of our common areas, Renaissance Beds and accommodations are greatly appreciated. We regret if you had difficulty in our parking garage or if any aspect of your room missed the mark and are grateful neither detracted from your stay. Your feedback has been shared with our team who will ensure our parking garage and guest rooms are at their very best. We look forward to seeing you again next time you're in Denver.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (411)
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We stayed at the hotel 2 nights while we went to a convention there.It was very convenient and pleasant. the staff were all friendly and helpful, the rooms very clean and updated since we were there a few years ago. the was good food for a fair price with big portions. we did get a special rate which made the stay even better. our king room is normally about $200, which i would be reluctant to pay. my only gripe is that they charge for internet.

Room Tip: the highway side---quebec street, is very noisy at night
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
It's wonderful to read about your recent weekend at the Renaissance Denver Hotel. We're glad you enjoyed our guest accommodations as well as your dining experience at our on-site restaurants. We invite you to check our website before booking your next stay as we have a number of packages throughout the year that include discounted rates with complimentary Internet access, breakfast and more. Thank you for your review, we look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to the Mile High City.
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Reviewed October 14, 2012

My family stayed here for a few days in July. We had two rooms. This was not the standard I would have expected for a Renaissance. I would have changed hotels but no other Marriott in the area could accommodate us with two rooms on the dates we needed.
I found a dirty cleaning rag in the bathroom, and later my daughter found a used wash cloth hanging on the shower rod. I had to pay $15.00 for a cube refrigerator that had broken racks and smelled like fish. Lighting (2) was out in the room but was replaced the next day at my request. There was a daily charge for parking in the garage however there was some on street parking. We ate breakfast once in the dining room, not impressed.
On the plus side the beds where comfortable and they provided a free shuttle to great food and shopping. The staff was very nice. I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Right off I70. Easy access to freway.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
DenverRenaissance, General Manager at Renaissance Denver Stapleton Hotel, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
While we're glad that you enjoyed our beds and complimentary shuttle, it is truly regrettable that your stay with us was not positive in every way. We are extremely disappointed as it seems that the rooms you were assigned did not meet the high standards of cleanliness we uphold. The feedback you shared on site and in your review is greatly appreciated as it allows our team to further investigate, ensuring that our accommodations are at their best for our guests. We hope you'll reconsider a future stay allows us the opportunity to change your impression.
Columbus Ohio
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We used the Renaissance as our base for a day trip to Denver and then, sadly, had to fly out the next morning at, gulp, 4:30 AM. Fortunately the hotel has a shuttle and everything worked out well. We are gold members and Marriott upgraded us to a concierge floor room that had a great view of Denver. We appreciated the upgrade. We visited the bar, for research purposes only, and met some nice Nebraska fans who were euphoric because their team had just won a come from behind victory. We enjoyed our quiet and comfortable room. Marriott really has fabulous mattresses and bed linens.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
DenverRenaissance, General Manager at Renaissance Denver Stapleton Hotel, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Whether you have to be up for an early morning flight or you want to sleep in, the Renaissance Denver Hotel has everything you need for a perfect stay. We're thrilled you enjoyed our complimentary airport shuttle as well as your concierge-level accommodations complete with our luxurious Renaissance beds. Thank you for your review, we hope to welcome you back for a longer stay soon!
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed October 1, 2012

When I first pulled up I was skeptical by the exterior architecture of this hotel, but was pleasently suprised by the interior. Nice open lobby and the rooms are also very nice and spacious. Had dinner late one night in the hotel lobby, the servers were attentive and the food was delicious. Found this hotel by accident, but would happily stay here again.

1 Thank jenfrost
We love when we can surprise our guests! Thank you for sharing feedback from your recent stay at the Renaissance Denver Hotel. It's a delight to read that you enjoyed our modern, comfortable atmosphere as well as your dining experience at Elevate and our guest rooms. We look forward to seeing you next time you're in Denver.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times. I attend an annual conference there -- this hotel does a great job with conferences. It's about 15 minutes to downtown Denver and also 15 minutes to Denver International Airport so I have booked a room there when I plan to go out in downtown Denver and don't want to drive home late. It's also a good alternative for a hotel if you have an overnight between flights.

The rooms are a good size and laid out well. The beds are comfortable with nice silky sheets and good pillows. Big flat screen TV. The rooms and bathrooms are very clean.

The room rates are much lower than the downtown Denver hotels, and they often have great deals on rooms.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
At the Renaissance Denver Hotel, our convenient location, comfortable accommodations and modern amenities are ideal for business or leisure travelers. We are touched to be able to provide you with everything you need for a great stay when you're in town and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back for another stay soon. Thank you for your kind review.
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed September 29, 2012

This hotel is simply OK. When I retruned to my room at 5:30 it had not yet been serviced. It took about 30 minutes after I called the desk to get it cleaned. The room servcie menu is extremely limited. Don't ask for a late night snack. I ordered 2 beers and a salty snack at 10 PM and was told it would be up in 30 minutes. I was like, what? You don't have to cook anything and it is 10:00 can I get that order in like 15 minutes? We can't gaurentee that. well guess what by 10:40 my order had not arrived and I cancelled my order.
If not for that experience and the housekeeping issue, the other staff was EXCEPTIONAL. IN fact, they should go work at a Hyatt, or other 4 star brand. They are that good.
I was awaken by trains as 3 AM and 5 AM.

Room Tip: Use the earplugs they provide in the rooms, becasue you will be awaken by trains
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
DenverRenaissance, General Manager at Renaissance Denver Stapleton Hotel, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
It is disappointing to read that your stay with us was not more positive and that we seemed to have missed several opportunities to exceed your expectations. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced, your comments will be further reviewed by our dining and housekeeping team to ensure our guests receive prompt service. We thank you for your kind compliments regarding the quality service members of our staff provided and look forward to a future opportunity to welcome you back.