“It's ok, but nothing special ”

Queen Anne Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 11 Denver B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

This is a professionally managed B&B, so you don't quite have the same atmosphere as with one where the innkeeper-owner resides on premises.

Pros:
- Location... Lots of stuff within a 1-mile radius.

- 420-friendly... Smoking permitted in the garden area around back.

Cons:
- Rooms definitely on the small side

- The bed frame on our Queen-sized ... No box-spring; just a mattress on a platform. The problem is that frame extends out beyond the mattress, becoming an obstacle to be stumbled over, which I did many times... See below for more details.

Breakfasts were "ok"... Not great, not a disappointment. They do have a professional chef to do the cooking. Hate to say it, but the 60-year old lady who runs Adagio nearby and who fixes her own breakfasts, does a MUCH better job every day.

Now about the bed... We stayed in the Skyline Room. I'm sure the wooden bed frame was probably expensive. It is sturdy and appears well-made. But the problem I had was the frame extended out beyond the covers by several inches. Especially in the dark, it is way too easy to stumble over the corner.. And that corner does stick out into the path to & from the bathroom. They attached white markers to make the corner more apparent, but that really isn't enough. I would suggest a king-sized comforter on the Queen-sized bed... Make the comforter cover those edges that jut out; that would make it much easier to avoid stumbling over it.

Bottom line: the place served its purpose as a place to sleep. Nothing went beyond expectations or beyond the call of duty. And, except for my gripe about the bed, nothing fell terribly short of expectations, either. Hence the "average" review.

Last trip to Denver, we stayed at Adagio B&B. If I come again, I will book farther in advance to get back into Adagio... That one suited us better, but Queen Anne is not a bad second choice if you're looking for 420-friendly accommodations that are still reasonably nice.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Keith H

Reviewed April 12, 2014

Worse B&B we have ever stayed in due to the breakfast. You usually pay more at a B&B because they usually serve you a regular home-cooked breakfast and NOT just waffles. Eggs, bacon & sausage with home-made muffins or coffee cake would have been great. We buy the same scones and muffins that were served at King Soopers. We can get waffles at many of the hotels that have breakfast included. Our suggestion is to change the name to a hotel and we would give it an excellent rating. Loved the location, the room, the staff, but the BREAKFAST was so very disappointing. Kept looking to see what else we were going to be served. We had to eat an hour later since we were so hungry. We thought it odd that this B&B was also suggesting wonderful breakfast places to eat at. We would not recommend this place until they improve their breakfast. We wanted to give a 2 1/2 rating since half the B&B (the BREAKFAST) was totally unacceptable.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2014

My daughter and I stayed at the Queen Anne for three nights and have only positive comments to make. The owners and staff were extremely accommodating. In fact they upgraded us to a larger room at no extra charge (not because we had asked but because they had the larger room available). The breakfasts were awesome. We were at the Queen Anne at the same time as "Gerry m" who has recently reviewed this property and would like to say that the waffles were delicious. My daughter and myself actually ate the waffles whereas the Australian gentleman wrote that it "looked inedible" which suggests he didn't actually try one. Every breakfast was made from scratch with the freshest ingredients and we thoroughly enjoyed every meal.
The location is very central to downtown and safe.
We would definitely stay at the Queen Anne if we ever had an occasion to visit Denver again.
Thank you for your help and courtesy!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I booked for 8 days, coming from Australia. The jetlag was not helped by having
a) A basement room where the creaking heating was at orchestra levels every few hours
b) No TV to wile away a sleepless night
c) The much lauded breakfast was a 1000 calorie waffle that looked inedible with a few 5 day old mandarins.
When I asked for a better room that was all too much trouble...

best to avoid

Room Tip: Avoid al together and save yourself the trouble
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
QueenAnneThxYou, Owner at Queen Anne Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Gerry,

We're sorry to hear you felt your stay was a negative experience. We consider all customer feedback to be an opportunity to constantly improve our service, and will take all of your feedback into consideration. As you probably recall, we had decided to waive your cancellation fees to allow you to find a hotel which better suited your needs. Hopefully you can respect and appreciate that courtesy we provided to you.

Additionally, I noticed that your other Trip Advisor reviews have all been quite negative, and I would suggest maybe you try staying at some larger establishments or booking directly with your hotel of choice instead of going through third-party vendors. This will allow you to properly research your destination and ensure that they are a better "fit" for the style of travel you are pursuing.

Hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay in Denver and thanks again for the feedback.

The Staff at the Queen Anne B&B

Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 4 nights. Aesthetically pleasing and tasty breakfasts with clean rooms. My room lacked a closet or wardrobe so I had to hang things on the wall. The staff was helpful and enthusiastic.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank colegw
Reviewed February 25, 2014

We stayed at the Queen Anne for three nights in February and would highly recommend this B&B. We had one splendid night in the Suite 4 and two nights in the Rooftop room. Suite 4 is very large with a unique artist design. The Rooftop suite is much smaller, but has access to a hot tub on the roof. What could be better than winding down in the hot tub with a glass of wine while the snow is falling? Each room has unique and interesting art work from local artists.

The owners of the B&B are very accommodating and sociable. They are happy to share their tips about Denver. There is a complementary happy hour in the evening and the breakfast in the morning is to die for. One of the owners is a trained chef and it shows. The location cannot be beat. You can easily walk down town and there are additional restaurants close by and uptown. There is also a park directly across the street where you can watch people throw frisbees and play with their dogs. I'm a huge fan of Denver and will certainly stay at the Queen Anne again. They were doing additional updates to various rooms while I was there, so it will continue to get better and better. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank takemeaway2406
Reviewed January 15, 2014

It's been a while since I stayed, so my review is a little out of date (well before Feb 2013 but that was the oldest option I TA provided), but I found myself recommending it to a good friend traveling to Denver soon and it brought back all my good memories! I stayed in the Rachel Z suite and it was big, comfortable and mostly quiet... except for the one night of my stay when a couple checked in quite late at night for a booty call and made a tremendous amount of noise (ahem) and wrecked the shower in the room closest by before checking out before breakfast. Not the b&b's fault. It's within walking distance of just about everything you'd want to walk to in downtown Denver, with a great if unassuming restaurant right up the street that serves a variety of french fries that you'll want to rescue your arteries from after eating but, if unsuccessful, you'll die happily sated. The very best feature, imho, is the breakfast table. Not only is it GORGEOUS but it's large and round and inviting of conversations with your fellow travelers. Milan is a wonderful host, and his food is terrific - and the dining room is adjacent to the kitchen that remains open so it feels like a home rather than a hotel. I'd absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business