This is a professionally managed B&B, so you don't quite have the same atmosphere as with one where the innkeeper-owner resides on premises.
- Location... Lots of stuff within a 1-mile radius.
- 420-friendly... Smoking permitted in the garden area around back.
- Rooms definitely on the small side
- The bed frame on our Queen-sized ... No box-spring; just a mattress on a platform. The problem is that frame extends out beyond the mattress, becoming an obstacle to be stumbled over, which I did many times... See below for more details.
Breakfasts were "ok"... Not great, not a disappointment. They do have a professional chef to do the cooking. Hate to say it, but the 60-year old lady who runs Adagio nearby and who fixes her own breakfasts, does a MUCH better job every day.
Now about the bed... We stayed in the Skyline Room. I'm sure the wooden bed frame was probably expensive. It is sturdy and appears well-made. But the problem I had was the frame extended out beyond the covers by several inches. Especially in the dark, it is way too easy to stumble over the corner.. And that corner does stick out into the path to & from the bathroom. They attached white markers to make the corner more apparent, but that really isn't enough. I would suggest a king-sized comforter on the Queen-sized bed... Make the comforter cover those edges that jut out; that would make it much easier to avoid stumbling over it.
Bottom line: the place served its purpose as a place to sleep. Nothing went beyond expectations or beyond the call of duty. And, except for my gripe about the bed, nothing fell terribly short of expectations, either. Hence the "average" review.
Last trip to Denver, we stayed at Adagio B&B. If I come again, I will book farther in advance to get back into Adagio... That one suited us better, but Queen Anne is not a bad second choice if you're looking for 420-friendly accommodations that are still reasonably nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Downtown Denver Romance. Enjoy quiet elegance, Denver history, and a sunny garden at this 1879 inn facing a quiet park. Walk to downtown offices, pedestrian mall, museums, restaurants, theaters, and shops. All 14 guestrooms/suites have private baths, chamber music, antiques, modem ready phones, desks, AC, fax/internet access, entry restricted to guests, free parking. Rates include hot breakfast, evening wine. The property has been honored to join the "Green" Hotels Association. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Queen Anne Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Queen Anne Hotel Denver
- Queen Anne Bed And Breakfast