New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Queen Anne Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 9 Denver B&B and Inns
“top notch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

It's hard to say enough nice things about this place. It's our second stay here, and this time we were in Local Artist Suite 1. It was clean and spacious and comfortable, with a separate sitting room that had a fireplace. We found this very charming and cozy. As for the overall establishment, so much careful thought has gone into this place. It is a fine example of conscious collaboration and support of local community and sustainability--from the adjacent garden that provides produce for the breakfasts in warmer months, to the furniture crafted from Colorado wood and rooms designed by local artists. Milan, the owner, really has his finger on the pulse. Additionally, he is so genuine and friendly and helpful, it makes you feel great about supporting his vision. He happily suggests local experiences to a traveler, and even loaned us a neighborhood guide on our first trip. This time, he humored our request for a full Indian breakfast, even making us special treats that were not part of the normal fare, AND he gave us, to keep, a copy of his favorite book on fermented foods that he references in his own culinary creations. He also is a trained chef and makes a fine breakfast. Other perks? A nice wine and cheese happy hour and free parking in the back.

If you're expecting to watch a lot of tv, this might not be the place for you. There was a television in the room but it was tiny. This didn't bother us as we had plans of being out in the city as much as possible which the central location of this B&B really facilitates.

Room Tip: If you're very sensitive to light, the blinds do not 100% block it out, so you may want to bring...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Finnish first
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Beginning at check-in, Milan Doshi and his team were amazing. They made us feel comfortable and at home within the blink of an eye. Besides the wonderful atmosphere and the rich and unique interior design, our stay at Queen Anne’s was shaped by the owner’s efforts in sustainability and eco-friendliness (e.g. high quality soaps in refill containers, highly comfortable mattresses from recycled material, fresh organic ingredients - some even from the property’s garden). The wine and cheese in the afternoon, as well as the freshly-prepared breakfasts in the mornings were delicious and we took pleasure in chatting with Milan Doshi about his cooking and gardening. On departure, he actually gave us a home-made jar of “Sauerkraut”, made from his homegrown cabbage. We cooked it with a family recipe and it was delicious!

When traveling to Denver, Queen Anne is our first place to go. In what most would consider walking-distance from downtown, we love the calm and warm atmosphere of this luxurious and eco-friendly B&B.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

I was so excited to stay at Queen Ann after reading the reviews. I left disappointed and frankly ripped off. The sheets smelled, the breakfast was waffles (big deal) and the room has a hot tub that left splinters in my hand from being poorly repaired. The coffee was great and the location is excellent.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank CO-Dean303
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We enjoy Victorian-era accommodations, and the Queen Anne Urban Bed and Breakfast in Denver was a top-rated choice according to Yelp, TripAdvisor, and others. It was a bonus getting my room rate at 50% off via Groupon on the largest suite available, so I was stoked for my weekend “staycation” with my better half, at a incomparable low rate for an enormous suite.

Milan and Val at the Queen Anne were impeccably accommodating innkeepers, and the friendliest of hosts booking the room over the phone, and upon arrival. After a short tour of the two-home premises, I inquired with Val about any “natural food” restaurants in the vicinity. He asked me if I was Vegan (he was, I soon found out), and I told him, “Not exactly, but I am diabetic, and I want something super-healthy to eat tonight.” Val cracked a slight smile, as if I had just touched on one of his favorite things to discuss, and he began to tell me in great detail about a Vegan establishment just a few blocks away.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Todd F
Crested Butte, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Having read mixed reviews, we were wary about what to expect, but our expectations were beyond exceeded. The ambiance was beautiful yet not pretentious and the attention to detail in sustainable design and food sourcing was outstanding. Thanks Milan for a great stay!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

While I could not see all of the 14 rooms, I could see three of them and I have to say the Aspen, where I stayed, was my favorite.
Some rooms even have a hot tub but what is most impressive is the home feeling and the fact that food as well as some of the interior design is locally produced.
Thank you Milan for your warm welcome and for being accommodating in changing our reservation not once but twice.

Room Tip: When you book they will tell you that one room is close to the kitchen and you may hear some noise a...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I can't remember how I found this place, but I was ever so lucky. The accommodations were terrific and very clean (with green practices, a comfy bed and quiet sleep), the breakfasts outstanding, the location was superb. Just .7 miles from the Civic Center and about the same for the Denver Art Museum, and even less for shopping, the B&B couldn't be beat for walkers, whether in Denver for business or pleasure. Although not a big breakfast eater, I very much enjoyed Milan's top notch offerings, made with locally grown produce. And the Inn itself and its furnishing were so elegant. Of course, the complimentary local wine and cheese were just icing on the cake! Would I stay there again? ABSOLUTELY. Have I referred it several times to friends and colleagues? YOU BET!

Room Tip: I require a very quiet space for sleeping, so I stayed in the Aspen Room on the top floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business