“They make you feel right at home.”

Queen Anne Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 11 Denver B&B and Inns
Canton, Ohio
“They make you feel right at home.”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

We stayed here on our honeymoon for a night and they accommodated us in every way. Very personable and great service. We stayed in one of the Artist suites and loved it. Only negatives are that the walls are a little thin, you can hear people in other rooms. Also there is a tv and DVD player but no DVDs and no cable. The location and great food set this place apart, such a quiet neighborhood. It's right by a park and within walking distance of restaurants and other things in the city.

• Stayed May 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Finnish first
San Diego, California
Reviewed May 8, 2012

My sister and I visited Denver for a quick weekend trip and couldn't have been happier with the accommodations at the Queen Anne. They upgraded our room without us even asking to the Skyline room which had a view of the mountains and a wonderful jacuzzi tub. The back courtyard was a wonderful place to enjoy the nightly wine and cheese happy hour. The staff was very friendly, we spent an enjoyable hour our first night just getting to know the very personable and sweet Sarah. We especially enjoyed Milan, the owner's, traditional Indian breakfast. The location is perfect, a short five block walk to 16th street to catch the free shuttle throughout downtown Denver. There are also several restaurants in the surrounding area for dinner as well as a small liquor store a block away for essentials.

Room Tip: Skyline room has a wonderful jacuzzi tub and faces the mountains.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank bll97
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed April 28, 2012

My wife and I booked the Queen Anne for 4 days on our late March vacation. One of the major factors in our choice was the downtown location. The other factor (besides the Groupon we used) were the various suites with hot tubs, and as a result we booked the Local Artist Suite 2. When we arrived we found our room to be clean, though we had to wait a few extra minutes for the hot tub to finish being cleaned.

The hot tub is in an enclosed porch/addition on the back of the house, ground level with the garden, which made it feel a little less than private hearing people's conversations from the garden while relaxing in the hot tub. Also, the rinse-off shower across from the hot tub didn't seem to have any hot water. However, these minor things did not dissuade us from jumping in and having a few glasses of bubbly. The room itself was very spacious and clean, and felt larger than the pictures on the website. Our bathroom was also very clean and of a reasonable size. There are some bright colors and unique pieces of furniture and art decorating the suite, but it is, after all, a Local Artist Suite. Breakfast is served at a single large round tigerwood table that seats just about all of the guests. It made breakfast a much more social and enjoyable event each morning, particularly when coupled with Milan's (the owner) excellent cooking. All of the ingredients used were as local and organic as practically possible, and prepared fresh for each meal. Presentation of the service and meals was accordingly impeccable.

As I stated earlier, one of the big things for us was the Queen Anne's location. It is directly across the street from a nice city park and is about a 10 minute walk to just about anyplace downtown. We also had the option of bus and light rail service nearby if we wanted it too. Parking was also included with our stay, which was another plus for being so close to downtown.

For being so close to downtown, evenings were quiet, restful, and the king bed was very comfortable. We did not hear any excess noise from adjoining rooms or rooms above us. The unique style and service of the Queen Anne definitely made our time in Denver very enjoyable and relaxing. We would stay there again and would recommend this to anyone visiting Denver.

Room Tip: Go for one of the suites, they're larger than they look in the pictures on the website.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Pinehurst, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed March 31, 2012

I stayed at the Queen Anne for four nights with two of my best friends. We stayed in the Tower Room and we paid $35 a night extra for a cot. The Groupon process worked out perfectly for us and we are so thankful! We enjoyed the amenities provided inside the room, the care that the cleaning staff took in cleaning our room, and the amazing breakfasts. The staff that I met: Sarah, Mary, and Milan were accommodating and extremely personable. Since part of our stay was over the weekend and part during the week, the employees were very good about confirming the times for breakfast because the times are pushed back a little for the weekend breakfasts. They went above and beyond to make sure we had everything we could possibly want during our meals. The food, by the way, is local and fresh and much of it is grown by the owner in the urban garden located across the street! The best thing of all was engaging in meaningful conversations with inn staff and the other guests during breakfast. It is obvious that owner emphasizes the importance of community, as shown by the large round breakfast table that seats ten people, and the wonderful quotation on the wall in the check in area. We had a delightful time and are recommending the Queen Anne to anyone who is traveling to Denver.

Room Tip: If you are staying in the Tower Room, ask if they can turn off the outside light over the driveway.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed March 21, 2012

I planned to stay at the Queen Anne the night before a flight out of Denver. When my flight was moved up a bit in the morning, I worried that I might not be able to enjoy the breakfast - which is a big part of why I chose that place, of course. I double checked the website which says breakfast is served "EVERY DAY from 7:15-9:15. I knew that I'd be able to make my flight! Just to be safe, I emailed the place and mentioned my early flight, and confirmed that breakfast is offered beginning at 7:15. On the morning I left, I came downstairs about 7:35 and was met with an abrupt and very whiny "talking to". The owner said that he'd been there for 40 minutes and that his band played the night before and had I heard of the venue and the whole band is still sleeping and he had to get here early because I had acted like I needed to eat early...... I was stunned! And confused - he acted like I had asked them to do something special just for me. When I was under the impression that breakfast was available for everyone beginning at 7:15... the website STILL says this. I wouldn't normally be so upset, but he was incredibly condescending, and he didn't leave it at that. He kept talking about how he'd had to show up at 7, and that usually if someone mentions that they need to eat "early" then that person should be there....In my email, I only confirmed that breakfast was available at 7:15 (thinking that perhaps they started it later on weekends.) It was such an unfortunate experience. I make a habit of supporting local/small business owners everywhere I go, and have never been treated less like a "guest" than here. They didn't hesitate to take my money though... I won't make the mistake of supporting the major ego at the Queen Anne. I had a Groupon that I had planned to use, but will be putting it toward something else, now that I've "previewed" the place.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
8 Thank Lois R
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed March 2, 2012

I would not recommend this place to anybody. I purchased a Groupon hoping to use for Valentines day. The room and date that I was told was on a reservation hold for me was given away so I reserved the same room for a later date. When we arrived we were told that they had to clean the hot tub in the room we reserved (Artist Suite 2) so it was no longer available. We were given the "Rooftop" room because it had a hot tub as well. The room was extremely small, I could not completely stand upright in the shower, and the temperature of the room was stuck at 82 degrees; even after I turned the thermostat to 65. When we checked in that night the employee working told us that breakfast was from 7am to 11am. In the morning my girlfriend and I came downstairs for breakfast at 9:18 only to be told by a different employee that breakfast ended at 9:15. We told him there was a mis-communication because we were told 11. He said "no, you're wrong. Check-out is at 11." If you look at the website, it clearly says checkout at noon. Without being served breakfast we packed our bags and checked out. I spoke with the same employee and I voiced my frustration with the lack of accommodation and that since we didn't even get to stay in the room we reserved we would hope that they would let 3 minutes slide. He never apologized, instead he said, "What breakfast place do you know of that serves breakfast for 4 hours man?" ...Every place, man.

Room Tip: If you're over 5'6" don't stay in the "Rooftop" room. You won't be ab...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank D3stination3lsewhere
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed February 26, 2012

We stayed one night at the Queen Anne B&B in the Columbine room. Upon checkin Mary thrust a piece of paper in front of us and abruptly told to “sign here”... She explained, this says your not allowed to smoke or trash out room without penalty. DUH! It was not so much what she said but how she said it. We went to our room which was smaller than expected but had everything we needed with a few exceptions. The hair dryer would not plug into the bathroom because the outlet was too close to the corner of the wall, we had to plug it in behind the dresser only to learn it only blew cold air. The room was pretty clean. The carpet was dated and could have been cleaner. The thermostat in our room was not working so we had to use the windows for temperature control. As some previous reviews have indicated the house is very creaky and hearing other guests can be annoying. Our bed was EXTREMELY creaky!!! If your looking for a romantic evening this is not the room you want unless you don’t mind the entire hotel knowing your business. It does make for an interesting morning around the breakfast table though. For the money, I would expect the rooms and the furnishings to be in a lot better repair. Breakfast was really good and Sarah takes great pride in her dish presentation. I would not stay at this property again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple