“great place”

Marrakech Cafe & Grill
Ranked #553 of 3,094 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed October 24, 2012

the food is everything you would expect from this type of place. Everything is well prepared, and the service is good. I go here every month or so.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

After reading reviews of restaurants near our hotel, wedecided to give this place a try. Atmosphere was pleasant. Service was average. We were eating an early dinner so there were few customers at the time. The dinners include a small serving of hummus and a mostly iceberg lettuce salad with a mild but nice dressing as an appetizer. The main course is served with a heaping portion of rice. The rice was not as savory as I have had at similar restaurants but was fairly bland and dry. The hummus was really good. I wish I had just ordered a variety of appetizers instead of a dinner. This place was average. I would eat here again but I wouldn't go out of my way to do so.

Reviewed January 5, 2012

Five course meal. A real Moroccan expeirance. Love the food and the atmosphire.

Reviewed May 4, 2009

So, my wife and I happened upon this little restaurant while in Denver for a conference and fell in love immediately. This was the best food we had all week, with unbelievable flavor combinations, great service, and a wonderful atmosphere. The food was simply remarkable, with amazing hommus, great entrees, and delicious tea to finish off the meal. Overall, an amazing dining experience that everyone should try.

1  Thank sdm142
Reviewed January 1, 2009

We went with a group of 10 people for New Years Eve. The food was really fantastic! From appetizers, to entrees, to dessert! My husband got the chicken sharma and I got lamb chops. The hummus was good, the fava beans which I had never tried before was great, and the dessert sampler was awesome. I loved the baklava and some coconut dessert (that I don't remember what it was called) the best. The prices are reasonable. His entree was like $13 and mine was $16. The entire bill for our group of 10 people was less than $200.

So this is where we became disappointed. We left our server a very nice tip of more than $50. My friend went back and said something to her as we were leaving and the girl asked her quietly how much $ we left. The manager had only given her $20 of our $50 tip and kept the rest himself!!!! WHAT??!!! I used to be a server and this disturbed my deeply. She pleaded with us to not say anything to him and just leave so she didn't get in trouble. Horrible. So we quietly slipped her another $20 DIRECTLY to her because what he did was so wrong. This experience is the only reason why I'm not giving this place an excellent 5 star rating. It would not keep me from returning since the food was too good not to come back. But I now know that every time I go we should hand our server cash directly so that the greedy owner/manager doesn't get his sticky fingers on it.

TIP: you can bring in your own bottles of wine and they will give you an opener. They don't serve alcohol and you can save lots of money by bringing your own wine anyways.

2  Thank kpcloud9