All reviews union station whole foods coors field great location whiskey selection front desk modern hotel street mall bathroom door within walking distance comfortable room corner room valet service mini fridge fitness center two blocks light rail
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Loved the Hotel Indigo. Fantastic location and really nice property. Highly recommend. Front Desk staff is superb. Loved the bartenders in the Dram & Hearth. Great happy hour. Rooms all clean and well supplied.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was a bit disappointed in this hotel, with so many others to choose from in Denver. It is a bit difficult to find, even Uber didn't know where we were as there are two entrances around the corner from each other. The location itself is good, easy to get to Union Station, mall ride bus, walk to restaurants, etc. The room was small but well appointed.
My biggest disappointment is that I lost a sweater during my trip and two phone calls and two messages left didn't elicit a response from the hotel saying whether or not they found it.
Also, when we checked in, the woman at the desk was decidedly not friendly.

Date of stay: July 2019
nfrancis79, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear happyfeet51,

I appreciate you candid feedback and certainly can’t imagine your feelings about the service you received. This is not in line with our commitments to our guest and I am sincerely sorry. I would certainly welcome a conversation to better understand the specific details so I may be even more effective for our team moving forward. Please feel free to contact me directly at 720. 544.6101. I am confident we are better than this and hope to regain your faith in us.

Nick Francis

Reviewed September 8, 2019

Stayed here recently, hotel is in a happening area of town, near many restaurants ad is an easy walk to the mall area or ballpark. Room was decent, bathroom a bit small, unfinished ceilings are different for sure. Staff was very friendly. Hotel can be hard to locate, best to look for the blue sign.

Date of stay: August 2019
nfrancis79, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2019

Dear DM_1278,

Thank you so much for your valuable time and kind feedback. We are excited to read about your adventures around the Union Station and 16 Street Mall. You will have to come back for a Broncos game and let us put you on a quick RTD line just a few blocks to the action. We wish you all the best and hope to have you back very soon.

Nick Francis

Reviewed September 4, 2019

This hotel is in a great location - walking distance to Union Station, with Whole Foods and other stores nearby. There are no large signs at street level, so even when the GPS told us we'd arrived, we weren't sure where the hotel was; fortunately the parking garage was labeled. While the beds were comfortable, the unfinished concrete ceiling was just plain weird - the room looked like it wasn't quite done. (I guess you could say that industrial chic/brutalist design is not my thing.) I also found the basic design to be long on "modern style" and short on practicality. For example, the bathroom door was a barn-style sliding door with no lock (and it kept drifting open), the shower had a cool-looking but very slippery pan, the soap dish was metal and didn't allow the soap to drain, and the toilet paper holder was mounted so far back in the corner that only a contortionist could reach it comfortably. Given the price we paid, I expected a bit more thought given to design in what is clearly a recently decorated hotel. They do have cool old pictures of Colorado mounted in the rooms but they didn't make up for the annoyances. Finally, the hotel provides the usual hotel and local-area information, but it is so minimal as to be useless, and it is supplied in a strange, rolodex-like holder that is almost impossible to use. Prices at the in-hotel restaurant are pretty steep even for the downtown location, but there are plenty of other restaurants in the area.

Reviewed September 4, 2019

This must be one of those urban hipster hotels. It is in a great location in downtown Denver, one block from Union Station and a few blocks from the park. We walked everywhere. The room is very small and an even smaller bathroom - smaller than the one we had on our cruise ship. The ceilings are bare cement, making the room quite dark. The staff at the front desk were exceptionally friendly and helpful.