“Mixed feelings”

and up
Denver Guided Sightseeing Tour on Motor Scooters
Ranked #14 of 256 things to do in Denver
More attraction details
Owner description: This fancy antique-filled Victorian house was the home of Molly Brown, a famous survivor of the Titanic.
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I have mixed feelings about my visit to the Molly Brown House in downtown Denver. First, it's in a decent area of the city where I felt comfortable walking around. But, I'm a photography nut (well not quite a nut), and they don't allow any interior photography at all...even without a flash. The house is very nice, and quite interesting, but I've already forgotten most of what I saw. There was a choice of 2 tours -- a regular tour and the Titanic themed tour. I opted for the regular tour...but it focused way too much time about the Titanic. Perhaps the highlight was the tour guide, who really did have lots of good information and presented it well. Since I live in Colorado, it's nice to see this house, but because of the photography policy, I won't return.

There are newer reviews for Molly Brown House Museum

Reviewed August 24, 2012

I wish the name weren't the "Molly Brown House", because apparently that is only Margaret's mythical name. If you think the character is fascinating from "Titanic" and "Unsinkable Molly Brown", you have to visit! I was very impressed by the stories of Mrs. Brown, and the way she used her wealth and position to help people, improve working conditions, fight for suffrage, and support the war effort. She was an inspiration and should not be mis-characterized; the real story is so much better!

The house itself is very impressive and the Titanic exhibit is interesting, but the stories of Mrs. Brown are the best part.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

We walked all the way from downtown and found out the house closed at 3:30 which made it impossible to see after meetings.

1  Thank 2BOntheRoadAgain
Reviewed August 17, 2012

This was very interesting. Take the time to enjoy yourself in Denver and visit the local history. I learned much about Molly and the history of our country.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

We had a fun time going through this museum. My husband is a big history buff and is facinated with Titanic so this was right up his alley. It was very interesting going thru the house and getting a sense of what life was like back in that time.

1  Thank luggagecheck