“Nice tour if you like history and old houses”

Molly Brown House Museum
Book In Advance
More Info
$40.00*
and up
Denver City Sightseeing Tour
Ranked #14 of 257 things to do in Denver
More attraction details
Owner description: This fancy antique-filled Victorian house was the home of Molly Brown, a famous survivor of the Titanic.
Reviewed March 25, 2012

We toured the Molly Brown house in late March 2012. Our group was completely booked and I would guess that there were 15 - 20 people in the group.

The house is restored to the 1910 period and provides a fascinating look at the life of Molly Brown. The gift shop has a 15 minute video in the back that is well worth watching if you want more information on the life of this woman. I didn't know that much about "the unsinkable Molly Brown" before the tour but came away with a renewed appreciation for the mark she left on the era. I also learned that pressure cookers were invented in Colorado.....who knew?

I would recommend this tour if you like US history and like to tour old homes. We found it to be well worth the time. A short drive (or longer walk) away you will find the state capitol and the LoDo district. My only critical comment is that they should limit the tour groups to 10.

Reviewed March 25, 2012

Pleasnat place to visit -- reminded me of my great grandmother's house. It was nice to find out more about Molly Brown's life. DS is really into Titanic history, and wanted to visit as Molly Brown is probably the most famous Titanic survivor. // Not a must do, but fun if you have the time or inclination.

Reviewed March 21, 2012

One of the nicer house tours I've done. The place has been beautifully restored, and the guide was well informed about the house and "Molly's" history.

Reviewed March 19, 2012

If you're a fan of jewlery - in particular Titantic-era themed one - then you should definetely drop by this lovely place when you're in Denver. I got some Titanicy earings here and I still love them.
The tour was quite fantastic - I didn't expect anything much but the tour guide was spectacular! You could really feel her passion for the topic and it automatically made me wanna know more and soak up all the information.
I had no idea who Molly Brown was before coming here, neither did I had a clue what to expect but I am SO glad I made it here!

Reviewed March 18, 2012

If you are a fan of house museums or of Margaret Brown -- who was a labor activist, suffragette, philanthropist and politician and so much more than what the movies have portrayed -- DO NOT take the "Titanic Tour". We did because we didn't want to wait 50 minutes for the "regular tour" (it would have been nice if the website actually announced this fact). Because of the focus on the "experience of being on the Titanic", where the Brown parlor substitutes for first class, the dining room stands in for the eating accommodations aboard the ship, and so on we learned nothing about the house itself. Despite my interest in the Titanic story, this tour gimmick just didn't work for me. There needed to be some balance between this and what we were seeing in each room. Added to that was the somewhat self-absorbed manner of our docent, Amber (who pronounced the word "doh-SANT" with a misplaced accent) and started the tour on a negative note by predicting that we would all be touching the furnishings and fighting each other in the narrow hallways if not told to behave (I thought our tour was very well behaved). She seemed surprisingly reluctant to answer even the most basic questions about the house. I only asked two, in keeping with her stated intention to focus the tour on the Titanic. But I barely got a civil answer to either question. It really was very off-putting since I was careful to not interrupt her and also to ask for just the basics. As a result, we left as soon as we could. The gift shop is full of cheap fake Victorian jewelry and teaspoons of the "made in China" variety. In the end, I felt neither welcomed nor appreciated for forking over my $10 and supporting the home of this gifted woman. I would have been better off spending that money on a good biography of Margaret Brown.

3  Thank gazooby