“Great architecture”

Denver Public Library
Ranked #19 of 259 things to do in Denver
More attraction details
Owner description: The largest library in the greater metro area is known for its books, photographs and maps about Denver's frontier history.
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Fun building just to walk around (the outside) because of the cool architecture. Love the sculputures, and it's right next door the the Denver Art Museum so be sure to take a look on the way...

1  Thank ElizabethN234

Reviewed August 16, 2013

The new portion of the library is a stunner - very beautiful and with a wonderful art collection on the higher floors. BUT beware of the small army of homeless who regularly camp in here. Definitely a turn-off and I never want to touch anything in there.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

The Downtown branch of the DPL is an absolute gem. On the third floor is the Western History and Genealogy division where, assisted by the knowledgeable and motivated staff, you can do your own research on the history of this region

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I can wax poetic about this city library and those branch libraries (in particular, the one in the Stapleton area) which we also can feel comfortable, have all our library questions answered, and borrow videos, books, and so forth on our city library. I once worked at Metro State University and my pulic library card is viable so we use the Denver public library system when we visit that lovely city.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

As I was visiting Denver, I was eager to finally see and visit the famous library. My first thought when arriving there was 'This place is huuuuuge! I will probably get lost'. But no, I did not get lost. The place is big, indeed, but really well organized. The design is simply awesome, the collection of books – my God, I think there is not a single book that could not be found there! I really enjoyed the spacious rooms, since it is really important for such a book-worm as me. Could easily find a nice, quiet spot for me there and now this is my top-place in this city