“Get Your Funny Bone On!”
Review of Comedy Works

Comedy Works
Ranked #4 of 165 Nightlife in Denver
More attraction details
Owner description: Comedy Works has been Denver's premier destination for the very best in stand-up comedy since 1981. As one of the nation's true comedy landmarks, we routinely attract the country's top comedians. We also enjoy a strong reputation for developing new acts and fostering a talented base of local comedians. Many of our homegrown acts have become major forces in the national comedy scene, appearing on Comedy Central, The Tonight Show, Craig Ferguson, and Last Comic Standing, which our very own Josh Blue won.
Denver, Colorado
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Get Your Funny Bone On!”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I'm constantly impressed by the big acts brought into Denver by Comedy Works, plus they offer up some really solid local talent as well.

The remodeling they did in the last few years has really stepped up their game as far as streamlining patrons in through the entry and downstairs to the showroom.

The service has risen as well, as each wait staff has a PDA to take your order and get it to you quickly and quietly before and during the show.

Visited December 2012

Arabi, Louisiana
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Absolutely HILARIOUS! Wish we had one in my City!”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We bought tickets online and went over to see a comedy show while visiting Denver for a Saints football game in October 2012. We visited on a Friday night at the late showing, I believe 10 PM. The comedians that night were a few local Denver comedians and Greg Proops, best known for his stint on Whose Line Is It Anyway. They were all funny, enjoyed the show thoroughly and would go back again and again and again. The only slight negative would be there is a 2 drink minimum and I don't really drink but it did not matter it still was well worth it. A friend in the group fell asleep and we were on the 4th row (TIP) this is not a good idea :-). He was tired from the flight and drinking all day, not from bad comedy!

Visited October 2012
St. Germain, Wi.
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 86 helpful votes
“FANTASTIC”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

This review is for the "landmark" location when we saw Frank Caliendo. What a GREAT show! The venue is similar to the downtown location. At this one tho, you can have dinner upstairs at Lucy's and then have reserved seating. My opinion, that's the only way to go. The food was excellent and the service very good! We were then escorted to our seats in the 2nd row. No waiting in line :)

Visited November 2012
Chicago, Illinois
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“A bit pricey but hilarious”
Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

I was visiting denver from chicago and meeting up with a friend from ny. We have both seen some really good comedy shows however this show was hilarious. It was laugh out loud hilariousness. I was literally crying and laughing so hard. The four comedians featured were so funny, it was well worth the money. I didn't like that their is a 2 drink minimum even tho its already a bit pricey for a comedy show & we paid $15 to park in a lot too. Those are the only negatives about the place. I would definitely go back to visit.

New York City, New York
5 attraction reviews
“Funnie!”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

This place had me on the edge of my seat! All the comedians were great. Some inconsiderate man was talking when the comedian was on stage and he was put on blast, he was the only unpleasant thing for the evening. Black friendly!

Visited October 2012